Exhibition: Flyers vs Pens July 28th

pilldoc

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I love it. It shall be the Flyers playoff motto while in the bubble.

Stanley Cup or bust bourbon!!!!!!

:hocky:

Lol

I feel one can trust bourbon more than, say, tequila. I don't trust tequila at all, except to f*kc you up.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

this is maybe my favorite hockey meme of all time.

The freeze of the guy's face, the chyron, it's the reason the internet is allowed to exist.

The fact that it's the Pittsburgh local telecast

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

The freeze of the guy's face, the chyron, it's the reason the internet is allowed to exist.

If my memory serves me correctly that guy is Gary Roberts.

However I could be in the infamous words of Roger Clemmons be misremebering that.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#Cupbound
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Speaking of NAk, did the offensive version of him do anything in this game?

LOL

I see that the offensive version of yerself has showed up here!!

I watched much of the game. I'd say our best performers, or most noticeable at least, were, in no particular order: Hayes, Coots, Niskanen

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AJgoal said:
2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

The fact that it's the Pittsburgh local telecast

Priceless!!! :lol:

30 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Speaking of NAk, did the offensive version of him do anything in this game?

Would it matter he only played 9 minutes on the 4th line his mission wasn't to score.

Let me guess you had worked all day preparing an excuse had he done so and you wanted to use it.

Wait hold onto it so you can use it next time he scores...

#cheers

• Haha 1

What is forgotten sometimes, at least by me is how last 7 of the 13 forwards that played and 6 of the 7 defenseman as well as the starting goaltender were all home grown.

Basically 64% of last night's roster. That is a huge change is the good ol days.

The number could be even higher (73%) if Farabee and Frost replaced Grant and Thompson.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

The number could be even higher (73%) if Farabee and Frost replaced Grant and Thompson.

Farabee did play yesterday. So really the number would be lower if Frost were to replace Thompson or Grant.

I thought Grant looked good in the 2 periods I watched. I didn't think Yung Beezey had the best day.

I wonder if Frost gets any time at all or if he's in the "in case of emergency break glass" group?

What you're saying is cool though, I think the home grown aspect of the team bodes well for the short term future. 

Until we get "blackhawked". 

29 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

What is forgotten sometimes, at least by me is how last 7 of the 13 forwards that played and 6 of the 7 defenseman as well as the starting goaltender were all home grown.

Basically 64% of last night's roster. That is a huge change is the good ol days.

And the best part about that is most of those guys haven't hit their prime yet. We should have most of them for years.

7 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Farabee did play yesterday. So really the number would be lower if Frost were to replace Thompson or Grant.

I thought Grant looked good in the 2 periods I watched. I didn't think Yung Beezey had the best day.

I wonder if Frost gets any time at all or if he's in the "in case of emergency break glass" group?

What you're saying is cool though, I think the home grown aspect of the team bodes well for the short term future. 

Until we get "blackhawked". 

Yeah I forgot about Farabee not a shot at him just an honest lapse in my memory I was inebriated yesterday.

But I do remember him looking like he was pressing a little to much chasing the game instead of letting it come to him.

He knows he is in a heated battle with Thompson for that lineup spot.

May the best man win.

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

And the best part about that is most of those guys haven't hit their prime yet. We should have most of them for years.

Surely we can trade some of them for some 35 year old center or two they can move them to the wing...

:hithead:

On 7/28/2020 at 3:23 PM, Podein25 said:

Lots of new looks out there: Provy and Niskanen both rocking beards, likely some others too. 

But some things never change: JVR still has his mole.

did he ever find his talent?

1 hour ago, OC Mike said:

They honestly just picked up right where they left off. The Flyers look GOOD

Small sample and all, but I would say they looked like they had the same kind of confidence in their play. And in each other. 

With Ghost seemingly back to the form he had prior to getting the yips (or whatever the hell was going on with him), and with Friedman looking like he knows his way around an NHL rink. Well, suddenly we look deep at all positions (maybe not goal).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Would it matter he only played 9 minutes on the 4th line his mission wasn't to score.

Let me guess you had worked all day preparing an excuse had he done so and you wanted to use it.

Wait hold onto it so you can use it next time he scores...

#cheers

no, i was hoping he did something minor, but noteworthy, like strong on the forecheck. I was going to respond with the oft used "trade him now! His value will never be higher"

and, I have run out of excuses for him, so I will just have to trust the bourbon

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

no, i was hoping he did something minor, but noteworthy, like strong on the forecheck. I was going to respond with the oft used "trade him now! His value will never be higher"

and, I have run out of excuses for him, so I will just have to trust the bourbon

I didn't really notice NAK to be honest but it was a quick game, not a lot of shifts for him and it was very much an exhibition game. No real big contact. In a real game I look for NAK to be in fast and hard on the bodies of the Broons' D on Sunday.