Exhibition: Flyers vs Pens July 28th

pilldoc

14 minutes ago, CoachX said:

did he ever find his talent?

He has a special talent for annoying the sh!t out of me, not once but twice as a Flyer. 

I'm still trying to figure out how the Philadelphia Flyers drafted this cream puff. 

57 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I didn't really notice NAK to be honest but it was a quick game, not a lot of shifts for him and it was very much an exhibition game. No real big contact. In a real game I look for NAK to be in fast and hard on the bodies of the Broons' D on Sunday.

I thought he had a couple of good forecheck shifts, particularly late in the 2nd. But it seemed like he and Farabee were swapping for eachother all game, meaning they each had ~7 shifts off between each on ice shift. Tough to get anything going that way.

• Like 1

The good and the bad Zamula....

...but hey his first ever pro game...after being out since January with back surgery.

He will be good but needs the seasoning in the AHL to put some more muscle on his 6-3 frame 177 won't cut in the NHL.

The thing about that second play though, was that Zamula recognized his error and went right to work minimizing the damage. If I remember that play correctly, the cycle died shortly after he threw that check. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Small sample and all, but I would say they looked like they had the same kind of confidence in their play. And in each other. 

With Ghost seemingly back to the form he had prior to getting the yips (or whatever the hell was going on with him), and with Friedman looking like he knows his way around an NHL rink. Well, suddenly we look deep at all positions (maybe not goal).

He did have two knee surgeries (One in-season, one during the pause), might have had something to do with it.

The bottom six worries me if they roll with Grant, Raffl, Pitlick, and Thompson. Those two lines really didn't look good to me last night. The main good plays I saw came from the two youngsters playing on the 4th. The top two lines though, looked ready to go, and even the 3 guys rotating on the 3rd pair looked better than fine.

I do think AV is planning on rotating guys around at the bottom of the depth chart during the RR, so some changes may be coming, though.

3 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

He did have two knee surgeries (One in-season, one during the pause), might have had something to do with it.

The bottom six worries me if they roll with Grant, Raffl, Pitlick, and Thompson. Those two lines really didn't look good to me last night. The main good plays I saw came from the two youngsters playing on the 4th. The top two lines though, looked ready to go, and even the 3 guys rotating on the 3rd pair looked better than fine.

I do think AV is planning on rotating guys around at the bottom of the depth chart during the RR, so some changes may be coming, though.

Fair enough. I guess I'm less worried about those vets - I think they will bring it in as playoff game. And I feel they can get back to where they were. 

I do like sprinkling some young legs in among them though and I think AV will do just that.

10 hours ago, Podein25 said:

He has a special talent for annoying the sh!t out of me, not once but twice as a Flyer. 

I'm still trying to figure out how the Philadelphia Flyers drafted this cream puff. 

I streamed a lot of UNH games after Philly picked him 2nd overall. You could clearly see he was a very talented floater who looked like he'd rather be somewhere else. It was a hell of a draft.

10 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Fair enough. I guess I'm less worried about those vets - I think they will bring it in as playoff game. And I feel they can get back to where they were. 

I do like sprinkling some young legs in among them though and I think AV will do just that.

My biggest issue is that Grant and Thompson in particular look slow. There's not much "bring it" you can bring to make up for that. And you're killing the potential contributions of guys like Farabee and NAK. I feel like as constructed, they built two fourth lines. Were it me, and the final 12 guys were coming out of the 13 that played on Tuesday, I'd roll:

G - Coots - Jake

Farabee - Hayes - Konecny

JVR - Laughton - NAK

Raffl - Grant - Pitlick

5 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

G - Coots - Jake

JVR - Laughton - NAK

Raffl - Grant - Pitlick

That is the best 12 to me.

Hope AV see that speed kills.

Thompson should only be used if there is an injury and even then I would weigh using Frost over him still.

15 hours ago, Podein25 said:

I didn't really notice NAK to be honest but it was a quick game, not a lot of shifts for him and it was very much an exhibition game. No real big contact. In a real game I look for NAK to be in fast and hard on the bodies of the Broons' D on Sunday.

he better be.... i have spent a lot of time defending that kid 😆

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, AJgoal said:

I thought he had a couple of good forecheck shifts, particularly late in the 2nd. But it seemed like he and Farabee were swapping for eachother all game, meaning they each had ~7 shifts off between each on ice shift. Tough to get anything going that way.

TRADE HIM NOW, HIS VALUE WILL NEVER BE HIGHER

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

My biggest issue is that Grant and Thompson in particular look slow. There's not much "bring it" you can bring to make up for that. And you're killing the potential contributions of guys like Farabee and NAK. I feel like as constructed, they built two fourth lines. Were it me, and the final 12 guys were coming out of the 13 that played on Tuesday, I'd roll:

G - Coots - Jake

JVR - Laughton - NAK

Raffl - Grant - Pitlick

Sure I can live with that.