Flyers Round Robin Schedule (Game Threads) - August 2020

pilldoc

August 2 Philadelphia Flyers   3:00 p.m.   Boston Bruins Scotiabank Arena SN, NBC show
August 6 Washington Capitals   TBD   Philadelphia Flyers Scotiabank Arena show
August 8 Philadelphia Flyers   TBD   Tampa Bay Lightning Scotiabank Arena

show

Edited by pilldoc

• 2 weeks later...

In accord with Pilldoc's wishes, I will not do a separate thread.  

We are underdogs for tomorrow's game:

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nhl/nhl-odds-picks-predictions-philadelphia-flyers-vs-boston-bruins-august-2

This bookie raises an interesting question/point.  What if the Bruins' first line outperforms ours?  Well, then the question becomes whether our next three lines can outperform the Bruins?  I think so.

Rask may not get the start. He was reported injured this evening.  

There needs to be a change to help with this awkward hometeam feel....only one goal song needs to be played for the home team.

Sorry this should not happen for both teams....sorry one team is suppose to be the away team....so i think only the home team should be able to play their goal song....just my personal opinion what do others think???

Or does anyone even care??

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

What's everybody drinking?

winding path hazeway dipa

local brewery/cider house with a banging tasting room.

8.7% so i'm not driving for a while after the game.

• Like 1

Well i have to admit it won't be all mary jane...i drank all the Buffalo trace last weekend so i pick up some Blanton's gold edition to sip on...

Main Image

...Gold Edition. Not cheap about $85. Or at least not what i call cheap. But very good.

• Like 1

Also i have to admit i will not be watching live...i will be in the pool enjoying the beautiful weather and my buzz and are recording it and will watch it later maybe before supper. So i will not be able to comment live sadly.

Bruins starting goaltender Tuukka Rask sitting out against Flyers, deemed 'unfit to play'.....Boston Bruins starting goaltender Tuukka Rask is out for Sunday's round-robin game against the Philadelphia Flyers. Bruins head coach Bruce Cassidy said Rask is "unfit to play." Backup goalie Jaroslav Halak will take over in his place. Dan Vladar will be the backup for the matchup as Rask is not dressing.

Very wise choices in the bottom six. Not even talking about the goals from the 4th line. All about defense first, work ethic, and experience...which encourages puck possession. Was thrilled to see guys like Pitlick, Thompson and Grant in the line up. Flyers seem to play better when Laughton is moved up the line up. 

With Cooter and Hayes on the top 2 lines, we should have initial possession 60% of the time. When the bottom 6 does their puck possession thing, this is a formidable team.

• Like 2