Flyers Round Robin Schedule (Game Threads) - August 2020

pilldoc

There should be no * that diminishes the accomplishment because like everyone said it will be played under the same conditions as everyone else and will have won 4 best of 7 series.  When the Devils won in 1995 after the lockout shortened season did anyone crap on their accomplishments due to the lockout shortened season, was there an * because less games were played?  Heck no!  In this case we played more games during the regular season and the playoff format is the only thing that is altered.  It is not altered in any way though that makes it any easier.  Even the #1 seed was not gifted to the Flyers they had to fight tooth and nail for it and earned their way to it.

If they do win this year, the only * we will recall is how disrupted life as we know it has been.

5 hours ago, Poulin20 said:

There should be no * that diminishes the accomplishment because like everyone said it will be played under the same conditions as everyone else and will have won 4 best of 7 series.  When the Devils won in 1995 after the lockout shortened season did anyone crap on their accomplishments due to the lockout shortened season, was there an * because less games were played?  Heck no!  In this case we played more games during the regular season and the playoff format is the only thing that is altered.  It is not altered in any way though that makes it any easier.  Even the #1 seed was not gifted to the Flyers they had to fight tooth and nail for it and earned their way to it.

If they do win this year, the only * we will recall is how disrupted life as we know it has been.

Exactly, this playoff is decidedly tougher than any other. The round robin was 3 games against top teams...extra chances for injury. Ditto for qualifiers advancing, extra series never played before. Chippy ice due to 5 games a day being played on the same surface. No real home ice advantage, fan wise. Risk of covid, even in the bubble. None of this deserves an asterisk...much tougher to win. The battle of attrition known as the Stanley Cup Playoffs is considerably harder. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Poulin20 said:

This has been the craziest year i ever remember watching so i don't care if someone calls it an asterisk game or not i will celebrate it the same.

Because for these guys to be in a bubble for as long as they have and for as long as it would take to bring this to fruition i applaud them i can't imagine being cooped up with my co workers 24/7 for two months....no friggin way. 

Hell this maybe the hardest Cup ever to win and i stand by that i don't care who hoists it...it they do by God they deserve it and we may never see another one like this in our life time so it would be ultra special to me.

This has been a very trying time for all that i know and love and if we all come out of it all and to win a Cup...AMAZING!!!

But for now there is a long long battle ahead...this is the deepest Flyers team i have ever watched play. Ever.