25-38-62
82-44-18

9-15
6-5
53-61

Hart
[Elliott]

Just win.

I personaly have been what is going on with Grant he doesn't look as good as he did before the break.

He looks slow and not keeping up with the kids....didn't notice that back in march. Is he out of shape??

Edited by OccamsRazor

32 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Per Bill M.

Tomorrow's lines for the Flyers

28-14-49
21-13-11
25-38-62
82-44-18

9-15
6-5
53-61

Hart
[Elliott]

Just win.

I personaly have been what is going on with Grant he doesn't look as good as he did before the break.

He looks slow and not keeping up with the kids....didn't notice that back in march. Is he out of shape??

What am i missing? Whos sitting for JVR to play?

3 minutes ago, CoachX said:

It looks like Voracek is odd man out vs. TB

Giroux - Coots - Farabee

Laughton - Hayes - Konecny

JVR - Grant - NAK

Bunnaman - Thompson - Pitlick

Looks like Haag is sitting and Ghost will be in....

9 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Jake.

Farabee is on the top line in his place.

I would have put NAK there to be honest would love to see him play with Giroux and Coots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, fan4ever said:

Looks like Stamkos is out tomorrow????

Anyone see a time yet?

8 pm.

4 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Voracek is sitting?

From what someone reported earlier it wasn't a benching like he is hurt or sick not sure.

15 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Jake.

Farabee is on the top line in his place.

I would have put NAK there to be honest would love to see him play with Giroux and Coots.

I get letting Farabee get the shot on the top line. But, I'm with you. Would have loved to see NAK inserted there. I can just picture him having some huge 2 or 3 goal game and never looking back. He needs just a bit more confidence and he can become a legit secondary point producer. He has all the intangibles, tenacity..solid shot...nice hockey sense. He just has to put it all together. 

A LOT of guys playing pure old school Flyer hockey...NAK, Cooter, Konency, Laughton, Grioux (some of the time...lol). Even Grant and Thompson make thos team much tougher to play against. That is a **** of a lot of forwards playing inspired hockey. This group is gonna punish an opposing defense in a 7 game series!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

So....if we beat Tampa tonight, its 100% locked into a 7 game series with the Habs. If we lose to Tampa we play the winner of Toronto and Columbus....correct?

You are correctly correct.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jammer2 said:

I get letting Farabee get the shot on the top line. But, I'm with you. Would have loved to see NAK inserted there. I can just picture him having some huge 2 or 3 goal game and never looking back. He needs just a bit more confidence and he can become a legit secondary point producer. He has all the intangibles, tenacity..solid shot...nice hockey sense. He just has to put it all together. 

A LOT of guys playing pure old school Flyer hockey...NAK, Cooter, Konency, Laughton, Grioux (some of the time...lol). Even Grant and Thompson make thos team much tougher to play against. That is a **** of a lot of forwards playing inspired hockey. This group is gonna punish an opposing defense in a 7 game series!!

While I won't argue NAK has earned it, maybe his effort per dollar playing on the same line will shame JVR into at least breaking a sweat.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

4 hours ago, jammer2 said:

So....if we beat Tampa tonight, its 100% locked into a 7 game series with the Habs. If we lose to Tampa we play the winner of Toronto and Columbus....correct?

And to me the worst part if you win home ice throughout the playoffs what does that really even mean??

The color of the jersey you wear on a given night?? I hope once the playoffs actually start we all only hear the home team goal song/horn when they score....otherwise there is nothing to give the home team that feels like home at all.

24 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And to me the worst part if you win home ice throughout the playoffs what does that really even mean??

The color of the jersey you wear on a given night?? I hope once the playoffs actually start we all only hear the home team goal song/horn when they score....otherwise there is nothing to give the home team that feels like home at all.

Last change, which is actually a pretty big thing when you're looking to match Couturier against Kucherov/Bergeron/Mathews etc.

Other than that, there's no crowd to energize, so the effect is minimized.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Last change

Good point i had actually totally forgot about that which is huge since you get to set your matchups. And it can work in the Flyers favor.

So a win today would be huge. I would love to win this #1 overall seed. Winning always makes things better.

So the Flyers went 0-2 vs the Bolts.

In the first meeting they lost 1-0. On the lone Maroon goal.

Kase (6th NHL game) and Friedman (3rd NHL game) were in the lineup then.

Hart in goal stopped 27 of 28 shots.

And in the second meeting the Bolts beat the Flyers 5-3 (5th goal empty net) for their 10th win in a row.

The Flyers were still trying to find their footing and struggled with this team 5 on 5 but their PK shut the Bolts down on 5 tries.

The Flyers got the power play going scoring on 2 of 5 attempts. Hart only stopped 19 of 23 shots.

I think the Flyers are a much better well rounded team now than this med February meeting.

I expect AV to try and matchup the Coots line vs the Palat, Point and Kucherov line and try and shut it down.

Should be a very very good game. I think Hart is playing the best hockey of his young career and will be up for the task.

Flyers will need everyone rowing at the same time to slay this dragon.

Go Flyers!!!!

Projected Lineups (subject to change)

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 49 Joel Farabee
21 Scott Laughton - 13 Kevin Hayes - 11 Travis Konecny
25 James van Riemsdyk - 38 Derek Grant - 62 Nic Aube-Kubel
82 Connor Bunnaman - 44 Nate Thompson - 18 Tyler Pitlick

9 Ivan Provorov - 15 Matt Niskanen
6 Travis Sanheim - 5 Phil Myers
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 61 Justin Braun

79 Carter Hart
[37 Brian Elliott]

LIGHTNING

18 Ondrej Palat - 21 Brayden Point - 86 Nikita Kucherov
17 Alex Killorn - 71 Anthony Cirelli - 9 Tyler Johnson
19 Barclay Goodrow - 37 Yanni Gourde - 20 Blake Coleman
67 Cedric Paquette - 13 Mitchell Stephens - 23 Carter Verhaeghe

77 Victor Hedman - 24 Zach Bogosian
27 Ryan McDonagh - 81 Erik Cernak
98 Mikhail Sergachev - 22 Kevin Shattenkirk

88 Andrei Vasilevskiy
[35 Curtis McElhinney]

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

It means opposition center is first stick down. This may seem trivial, but it ain't.

I've been watching faceoffs and with our guys being the best in the league, that little advantage is enough to put us into the 60+% mark. The translates directly into possession and it removes scoring threats from lost faceoffs in our end. 

In short, it's actually bigly yuge. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

It means opposition center is first stick down. This may seem trivial, but it ain't.

I've been watching faceoffs and with our guys being the best in the league, that little advantage is enough to put us into the 60+% mark. The translates directly into possession and it removes scoring threats from lost faceoffs in our end. 

In short, it's actually bigly yuge. 

No it's not its the tactical side of it I hadn't even considered like last line change.

And sides of the ice the start on and finish on within proximity to the bench.

Just win baby!

19 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

No it's not its the tactical side of it I hadn't even considered like last line change.

And sides of the ice the start on and finish on within proximity to the bench.

Just win baby!

I put this edit to one of my posts in the wrong thread, lol. Little bit hungover today:

Edit: one of the reasons that first stick down matters is that the guy first down gets kicked out more. This equals faceoffs against lesser opponents and more wins