Flyers Round Robin Schedule (Game Threads) - August 2020

pilldoc

2 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Maybe AV is trying to knock the coaching rust off. I think he's being stupid

Lol, I see that you are really not pleased with the decision to start Elliott today. I can go either way, but his records vs the Caps is really good, so that's something. 

More importantly, puck drop is in 8 hours, what's everybody drinking?

21 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

See i just don't agree with this....no matter what if he has to come in say in the first round next week or something the dude is going to be still cold....no matter that is what backup goaltenders do...come in cold thinking anything less is not being honest.

Hey i get letting him play but let's lie to yourself on why we are doing so. If he plays next week he will be completely cold...just because he played last thursday doesn't prevent that from happening a week later.

And what about NOT letting Hart go cold?

• Like 1

I think our guys are better than their guys.

Our guys and Elliot in particular have owned the Caps this season. I blame steady Eddie for that.

I also think its not a bad idea to get some other guys work during this round robin, I am hoping for a long playoff run, there will be injuries.

It would bode well for our team to have some of the black aces playing some meaningful hockey before dumping them into Eastern semi-final action ice cold.

I will be drinking

Industrial arts brewing 

Wrench IPA - never had it, I'm told it's easy drinking, which you know is good, 7.1 % so like Tom Wilson it packs a punch. 

https://industrial-arts-shipping.square.site/product/wrench/108?cp=true&sa=true&sbp=false&q=false

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Lol, I see that you are really not pleased with the decision to start Elliott today. I can go either way, but his records vs the Caps is really good, so that's something. 

Miller lite and Moonshine....about 115 proof of NICKNICKNICK...Smmoooooth....You should be old enough to get the reference ;)

• Haha 1

Just now, flyerrod said:

Miller lite and Moonshine....about 115 proof of NICKNICKNICK...Smmoooooth....You should be old enough to get the reference ;)

I am, I do.

Why not just drink rocket fuel and be done with it?

2 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Regarding Elliott, I would love to see Av's point of view, but I doubt I can get my head that far up my ass

as for drinking, I am stuck on duty, so I will restricted to pre-work out, followed by creatine,  then I'll finish off with an Americano

recipe for caffeine o/d

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I think our guys are better than their guys.

Our guys and Elliot in particular have owned the Caps this season. I blame steady Eddie for that.

I also think its not a bad idea to get some other guys work during this round robin, I am hoping for a long playoff run, there will be injuries.

It would bode well for our team to have some of the black aces playing some meaningful hockey before dumping them into Eastern semi-final action ice cold.

I will be drinking

Industrial arts brewing 

Wrench IPA - never had it, I'm told it's easy drinking, which you know is good, 7.1 % so like Tom Wilson it packs a punch. 

https://industrial-arts-shipping.square.site/product/wrench/108?cp=true&sa=true&sbp=false&q=false

this is a must win for the Flyers, not a tune up game. If they win, tehy face TBL tied with 2 wins. That assures them a 2nd seed. If they lose, the Caps have life and momentum. Not a good scenario. If Flyers lose today, then againto TBL, they lose momentum and the mental edge. They could end up 1-2, and in 4th

I'll stick to it, the players that just beat Boston should be on the ice, building on what they did. This is not the time for everyone to participate, especially Connor-freaking-bunnaman

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

do you have a stream for todays game?

I will try and find one and post it here.

Good to see Scotty finding his groove...

Interesting i thought i remember him coming around when he was back at center...so either way it's good to see him productive at wing or center.

3 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I'll stick to it, the players that just beat Boston should be on the ice, building on what they did.

Well Michael Raffl is already not in the line up, so there's that.

I don't think playing a young player in place of a struggling older player (JvR) is "bad".

It would also be good for 13 and 11 to "get going" they will be on the ice last I checked 

We see this differently, the guys playing will not be taking their sticks for a skate, so its not like the team is saying "welp this one's as good as lost".

Bunnaman was in the line-up for a Capitals drubbing this year and I think even had a goal. 

I don't think playing the backup goalie who was a 1b guy all year is a huge step down from Hart, especially since he beat the Caps twice, and played well doing so. Elliot needs to seem some game action. What better time than now.

I want our team to win 16 games starting August 11. I think you do too, what gives the team the best opportunity to do that?

6 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Well Michael Raffl is already not in the line up, so there's that.

I don't think playing a young player in place of a struggling older player (JvR) is "bad".

It would also be good for 13 and 11 to "get going" they will be on the ice last I checked 

We see this differently, the guys playing will not be taking their sticks for a skate, so its not like the team is saying "welp this one's as good as lost".

Bunnaman was in the line-up for a Capitals drubbing this year and I think even had a goal. 

I don't think playing the backup goalie who was a 1b guy all year is a huge step down from Hart, especially since he beat the Caps twice, and played well doing so. Elliot needs to seem some game action. What better time than now.

I want our team to win 16 games starting August 11. I think you do too, what gives the team the best opportunity to do that?

Raffl: Hurt. We aggre on him not being in line up

11&13: playing. Not relevant to discussion

JVR: JVR is awful. That said, Bunnaman? C'mon. Seriously? Thats AV's answer? and it still is up in the air (from what I read)

"Elliot needs to seem some game action. What better time than now"? : here's an answer, how about next season?

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

What about Hart getting cold since he won't have played in 6 days before the Bolts game??

I don't know OR, six games or six months?

I wish people would stop acting like starting Brian Elliot is a guaranteed loss. 

Not exactly directed at you, Elliot has been solid this year, were it not for him being good on the road early in the season who knows where this team would be.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

What about Hart getting cold since he won't have played in 6 days before the Bolts game??

See? Great Minds think alike

this is why you are one of my favorite forumites

1 minute ago, mojo1917 said:

I wish people would stop acting like starting Brian Elliot is a guaranteed loss.

It's not about it being a loss....it's about keeping my starter sharp.

Nothing more.

It wouldn't happen come a playoff game so why do it now they have been off and rested since March so this doesn't have the same wear and tear of a 82 game season and straight into the playoffs effect....rust isn't my concern it is about winning and staying sharp....so i want the nest players out there that are at my disposal.

4 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't know OR, six games or six months?

Not exactly directed at you, Elliot has been solid this year, were it not for him being good on the road early in the season who knows where this team would be.

i don't think anyone is saying this is a guaranteed loss. What I am saying is Hart is the better option, and the team should discard the regular season game plan and shift to playoff mode. Other than Boston, every team with a true number one will be playing that guy. Hart is the Flyers true number one

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoachX said:

See? Great Minds think alike

this is why you are one of my favorite forumites

Well it happens now and then....but it is an honest concern...

...i want to ice the best roster to keep the winning up and the team sharp as well as work on the communication out there.

Sure they beat the Bruins and Pens but there is still a lot to work on from what i have seen, and a lot of it just comes from needing more time on the ice together as a team.

So i want my starter out there not his backup.

He'll just have to get some extra practice and skating like they normally do come playoff time and just go from there it is what it is.

Hopefully it's a win today and the point is moot for now till they play the Bolts that is.

2 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Other than Boston, every team with a true number one will be playing that guy.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^

I is time to round into playoff form these other teams are going to be rolling (the ones who survive and get in) by the time the 16 team real playoffs start and their starters will be playing at least every other day.

While the Flyers starter has been over rested and playing every 6 days....sounds like it is setting up for a disappointment.

So if by playing one more game is going to wear Hart out then were in trouble anyway...just my 2 cents.

AV is THE coach and he obviously knows more about hockey than I do. Hell , I barely know what side of the puck to shoot . I hope he makes the right calls, and like you said, this point becomes moot. I would lying if I said I feel confident about it though

thats my 2 cents. together we aren't worth a nickel

Edited by CoachX