9 members have voted

1. 1. (5) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (12) Montreal Canadiens

• Penguins Sweep
    • Penguins in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Canadiens Sweep
    • Canadiens in 4 (WINNER)
    • Canadiens in 5

Pittsburgh finished fifth in the Eastern Conference with 86 points in 69 games for a points percentage of .623. Montreal gained 71 points in 71 games for a points percentage of .500 to finish twelfth in the Eastern Conference. This will be the third playoff meeting between these two teams, with Montreal winning both previous series. They last met in the 2010 Eastern Conference Semifinals, which Montreal won in seven games. Pittsburgh won two of the three games in this year's regular season series.

August 1 Montreal Canadiens   8:00 p.m.   Pittsburgh Penguins Scotiabank Arena CBC, SN, NBC  
August 3 Montreal Canadiens   8:00 p.m.   Pittsburgh Penguins Scotiabank Arena SN, NBCSN  
August 5 Pittsburgh Penguins   8:00 p.m.   Montreal Canadiens Scotiabank Arena SN, NBCSN  
August 7 Pittsburgh Penguins   TBD   Montreal Canadiens Scotiabank Arena  
August 8 Montreal Canadiens   TBD   Pittsburgh Penguins Scotiabank Arena  
Edited by pilldoc

51 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

If so, you know the damn Penguins will wind up with the first pick in the draft. Of course.

Repeat after me....the PENS MUST WIN!  I do not, under any circumstance, want to give any chance in hell that the Pens could sniff the first pick.  I agree about Price, however, the Pens are probably the healthiest they have been in months. The Penguins persevered through an unholy number of injuries for much of the campaign, losing stars such as Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Jake Guentzel and Kris Letang at various points as well as a slew of other contributors. No NHL team lost as many man-games based on average ice time of the players missing.  As I said...they are now healthy....their Krypnonite believe it or not is on goal.

If there’s one major concern heading into the playoffs, it’s in the crease. Normally that wouldn’t be a problem, with a two-time Cup-winner on the roster, but Matt Murray slogged through a dreadful season that saw the 25-year-old slump to a sub-.900 save percentage. Luckily, backup Tristan Jarry has turned into much more than a second option, rocking some of the best numbers in the NHL and earning his first trip to the All-Star Game. f there’s one major concern heading into the playoffs, it’s in the crease. Normally that wouldn’t be a problem, with a two-time Cup-winner on the roster, but Matt Murray slogged through a dreadful season that saw the 25-year-old slump to a sub-.900 save percentage. Luckily, backup Tristan Jarry has turned into much more than a second option, rocking some of the best numbers in the NHL and earning his first trip to the All-Star Game.

Alexis Lafreniere  MUST NOT BECOME A PEN!

Pens in 4

I think every team will have a stinker in this first round, the Pens are no exception.

They are way better than the Habs and will mostly eviscerate them except for a game where they're shaking off some rust.

I think the Pens are a threat to win the East, they have excellent depth and an above average top 4.  Don't sleep on them, they're still pretty damn good.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2020 at 9:27 AM, pilldoc said:

Repeat after me... the Pens MUST win this series....

Alexis Lafreniere  MUST NOT BECOME A PEN!

The Pens MUST win this series

But Lafrenière MUST NOT BECOME A HAB EITHER.

The negative pressure in Montréal will be too strong, this organisation will burn him.  

• Like 1

What in the ever loving hell is going on with the Penguins?

I missed the first period and change, tuned in and they were cruising, then Tanev cleaned out that kid along the boards and the Canadiens woke up?

I have to think Jarry goes in Game 4. Murray wasn't bad, that Petry goal had eyes, but this season I have thought the Pens played better in front of Jarry than they did Murray. 

Also what's going on with Crosby? he's been not the best player on the ice when he's been out, he's losing draws, his legs are there, but those little passes in close aren't happening enough to even be "off". Also Malkin has been kind of a disaster too. 

I was talking all kinds of ****, "oh watch out for the Pens they're stacked blah blah blah", and they go out and look very beatable, Jake Guentzel  has been their best player, and he's good, but they need more from the supa-dupa stars. 

Just one more reason why I hate them, when I think they're good they **** the bed. 

32 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

What in the ever loving hell is going on with the Penguins?

I ddin't see the game or either of the other ones they played so I don't know. But if they end up with Lafreniere I am going to puke.

• Like 2

If the nets a hattie everytime he plays in Centre Bell, I'm fine about the Pens selecting him.

But the Pens will win the next two games, sending the two teams where they belong.

Right... No... ?

Dammit ...Habs take 1-0 lead with just a little over 2 minutes to go in game.

In a normal year I would be jumping up and down that the Pens would be eliminated BUT with the loser of this series getting an equal shot at Lafrenniere just irritates the hell out of me especially if the Pens are in the mix.

I swear to god if Lafrenniere ends up a Pen I will scream bloody murder ......

15 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Nice going NHL...

The "no business being there" Habs take out the Penguins who were in.

But then, this sort of thing is to be expected, right? 

Especially "IF" the Pens land the #1 overall pick ...... :rage::rage:

• Like 1