7 members have voted

1. 1. (6) Carolina Hurricanes vs. (11) New York Rangers

• Hurricanes Sweep (WINNER)
    • Hurricanes in 4
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Rangers Sweep
    • Rangers in 4
    • Rangers in 5

Carolina finished sixth in the Eastern Conference with 81 points in 68 games for a points percentage of .596. New York gained 79 points in 70 games for a points percentage of .564 to finish eleventh in the Eastern Conference. This will be the first playoff meeting between these two teams. New York won all four games in this year's regular season series.

August 1 New York Rangers   12:00 p.m.   Carolina Hurricanes Scotiabank Arena SN, SN360, NBCSN  
August 3 New York Rangers   12:00 p.m.   Carolina Hurricanes Scotiabank Arena SN, SN360, NBCSN  
August 4 Carolina Hurricanes   8:00 p.m.   New York Rangers Scotiabank Arena SN360, NBCSN  
August 6 Carolina Hurricanes   TBD   New York Rangers Scotiabank Arena  
August 8 New York Rangers   TBD   Carolina Hurricanes Scotiabank Arena
Edited by pilldoc

I went against my better judgement and took the Rangers in 5. Love both teams, both up and comers doing it right, I think Panarin justifies his huge deal in a big way dominating Mrazek in the series.

45 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

I went against my better judgement and took the Rangers in 5. Love both teams, both up and comers doing it right, I think Panarin justifies his huge deal in a big way dominating Mrazek in the series.

I'm going with the Rangers in 4.  Here is why....call me crazy but I believe the Rangers are gonna run with Shester in goal.  I know he is a rookie but he was riding the hot glove prior to COVID and his care accident.  It's a lot on a rookie's shoulders but he did well on the KHL stage.  I believe we are seeing the end of King Henry.....

Canes rip off the Rangers uni look.

Canes rip the Rangers a new ass-

I hate the Rangers so even though they are markedly better in goal they still suck. The 'Canes have better d and more experience.

'canes in 4

because **** the Rangers

Edited by mojo1917
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

It just feels so strange on vacation August 3rd and i have playoff hockey to watch at noon........a random day.

In fact i have 6 games today. I love it. Best August of sports in my 48 years on this earth. Or that i can recall. This is earth right?

Have we seen Henrik's last ever game for the Rangers?

Svech with the Canes first ever hat trick in the playoffs...wow didn't realize that had never happened before with all the great forward that have played for them.

I really thought the Rags would make this a series but they didnt show up. Strome was awful today, Chytil was positively dreadful and by the third period the team was going through the motions. Carolina looks for real while the rangers look ready to go somewhere and shelter in place.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

I really thought the Rags would make this a series but they didnt show up. Strome was awful today, Chytil was positively dreadful and by the third period the team was going through the motions. Carolina looks for real while the rangers look ready to go somewhere and shelter in place.

curious to know why Shester was not in goal.... Sir Henry’s career in NY is just about done....

agree .. thought Rangers would have made more of a series than what has been shown...

9 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

curious to know why Shester was not in goal.... Sir Henry’s career in NY is just about done....

He was in streetclothes. "Unfit to play."

6 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

agree .. thought Rangers would have made more of a series than what has been shown...

I would argue that Lundqvist is not the problem in the series, it is lack of intensity from the Rangers. They had some push in the first then they let Carolina carry the play from then on. Tony DeAngelo fought with Martinook late after the game was out of reach, actually Martinook took a roughing penalty and instead of the Rangers having a last gap power play DeAngelo chose to fight for some stupid reason negating any final chance. Then Kreider took a dumb penalty late as well for roughing. Carolina simply owns the series, they are skilled and tough and the rangers have no answer, Shesterkin would not have made a difference, but agreed Lundqvist is about done on broadway. I think he will be in net at Little Caesars next year, for better or worse.....

3 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

thats 2 games in a row... wonder what is going ???

Well, it's not COVID, since the NHL released a total of zero positives in 7,000+ tests over the last week. 

And anyone who is watching this series has to know now that Svechnikov and Aho are true superstars. I truly thought that Zibby and Bread man would be the best two players but Carolina has more depth. but the two stars in Carolina are just dominating right now.

• Like 2

The Rangers will start rookie Igor Shesterkin between the pipes for their must-win game 3.  However Shesterkin was deemed unfit to play

in the first 2 games.    yikes...

2 hours ago, hf101 said:

The Rangers will start rookie Igor Shesterkin between the pipes for their must-win game 3.  However Shesterkin was deemed unfit to play

in the first 2 games.    yikes...

Why risk him now then? What about Georgiev?

Give him a go if the other guy isn't ready.

Good knowing ya Henrik he'll be playing for another club next year.

Seems like a perfect cast off fit for the Flames!

I hate the Rangers and am glad they lost. 

The only good thing about them has been King Henrik who is a total class act, almost like "what's he doing on that dumpster fire?"

I hope they lose all games for the rest of their overrated existence. 

I hate their young talent and all the ******** takes about how they're "on the rise". They can all suck it. 

God, it feels good to get some sports hate going.

Next up I hope a sinkhole swallows the panthers NYI game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

Canes look damn good both ends of the ice.

Rangers quit. Pure and simple. Never saw a team with less desire in a postseason series.

Their weak link is still in net....Mrazek and Reimer will not carry this club long and will let them down soon.