7 members have voted

1. 1. (6) Nashville Predators vs. (11) Arizona Coyotes

• Predators Sweep
    • Predators in 4
    • Predators in 5
    • Coyotes Sweep
    • Coyotes in 4 (WINNER)
    • Coyotes in 5

Nashville finished sixth in the Western Conference with 78 points in 69 games for a points percentage of .565, winning the tiebreaker against Vancouver with 28 RWs. Arizona gained 74 points in 70 games for a points percentage of .529 to finish eleventh in the Western Conference. This will be the second playoff meeting between these two teams. Their only previous meeting was in the 2012 Western Conference Semifinals, which Arizona won in five games. These teams split their two-game regular season series.

August 2 Arizona Coyotes   2:00 p.m.   Nashville Predators Rogers Place SN360, USA  
August 4 Arizona Coyotes   2:30 p.m.   Nashville Predators Rogers Place SN1, SN360, NBCSN  
August 5 Nashville Predators   2:30 p.m.   Arizona Coyotes Rogers Place SN360, NHLN  
August 7 Nashville Predators   TBD   Arizona Coyotes Rogers Place  
August 9 Arizona Coyotes   TBD   Nashville Predators Rogers Place  
Edited by pilldoc

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

Man i had a had time with this one, finally reluctantly went Preds in 5. Not sure but i feel that a well rested Rinne has one more run in him beofe the wheels fall off.

I'm all over on this one...if there is one series that could be an upset ...this is the one.  I don't like the Preds at all. They have a hard time scoring and Rinne is struggling.  If the Yotes can find some offense this is one series that might surprise everyone and become the beginning of the end for Rinne.

Yotes in 5

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

I'm all over on this one...if there is one series that could be an upset ...this is the one.  I don't like the Preds at all. They have a hard time scoring and Rinne is struggling.  If the Yotes can find some offense this is one series that might surprise everyone and become the beginning of the end for Rinne.

Yotes in 5

I wanted to go Coyotes, still wouldnt be surprised if they pulled it out. A break of this duration followed by a postseason is unheard of, but i really believe the long break aids tired vets the most and Nashville has a lot of them.

That said, Hall is playing for his supper as an UFA in an offseason with an expected flat salary cap, Kessel has always been a solid postseason contributor. Lots to like with Arizona as well.

• Like 1

I think this is where an upset could happen, for whatever reason the Preds have only been meh this year, now that they're mostly healthy maybe they've improved to eh. 

I do think their playoff experience will be helpful. I also think AZ is a team that is hard to play against, started the year off well, i think this is the series where we see an upset if we're going to see one. 

i still think Preds in 5 though.

• 2 weeks later...

Why is Saros starting over Rinne?? This will be their death knell.

Is he hurt???

Saros just is so small in net compared to Rinne....it is time for the Pred to try and move on from Rinne and go get a younger better option in net...the problem with that is he is signed for next year for 5 mill...

43 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Has Rinne been hurt?? Can't believe they went with Saros over him. Unless of course he was hurt

I don't know OR??  I can't find anything anywhere stating he (Rinne) is hurt.  For the record Saros is in goal again today.  Did Nashville make a tactical mistake?  It will certainly be an interesting off season for the Preds if they are eliminated today. 

image.png.853b9e6203d8228d860e828e104079f8.png

Rinne definitely struggled a bit more this year even though Rinne has more playoff experience.  Maybe the Preds were hoping to see something from Saros since both will be in their last year of their contract in  20-21.

image.png.d46b19fecd0e85efe75459b6cd83bbb8.png

Lots of ??? for the Preds for sure.....

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Yeah for sure so they plan on bring Rinne back next year as a backup making 5 mill per yikes. After looking at the number you posted he certainly doesn't have good ones.

Maybe they try and trade him this offseason.

But they have scoring issues to boot it's already cost Lavy his job and they still spiral downward.

And their once strength their blueline depth just isn't there right now they have 5 defenseman 30+ or older.

I guess all that trading away picks for playoff gambles the chickens are coming home to roost.

And in my eyes they have one of the most over rated forward in the NHL signed for 8 mill for the next 5 years.

Ryan Johansen. 

Dude hasn't scored 20+ goals since 2014-15....think about that for a minute....the last year he even sniffed 70 points.

The organization is sliding to the toilet...the have nothing in the pipeline when it comes to goalies. There are in trouble.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Preds tie it with less than 30 left in the third, but Arizona wins in OT.

beat me too it...just saw that the Yotes win the series....

So what does NSH do next year with their goalie situation?  Pay 5 million for a 35+ (potential) backup goalies or trade him and run with Saros.  As I did not see any of the games I wonder how much was poor play in net or just poor play all around?

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

I don't know OR??  I can't find anything anywhere stating he (Rinne) is hurt.  For the record Saros is in goal again today.  Did Nashville make a tactical mistake?  It will certainly be an interesting off season for the Preds if they are eliminated today. 

image.png.853b9e6203d8228d860e828e104079f8.png

Rinne definitely struggled a bit more this year even though Rinne has more playoff experience.  Maybe the Preds were hoping to see something from Saros since both will be in their last year of their contract in  20-21.

image.png.d46b19fecd0e85efe75459b6cd83bbb8.png

I doubt Saros is getting moved.  If anything not making it to the playoffs suggests that Nashville will not have to fork out a large contract to sign him.

36 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

beat me too it...just saw that the Yotes win the series....

So what does NSH do next year with their goalie situation?  Pay 5 million for a 35+ (potential) backup goalies or trade him and run with Saros.  As I did not see any of the games I wonder how much was poor play in net or just poor play all around?

Go after another goalie...

...try to get one from the Penguins.

Or wait and see what happens in Vegas.

Will they resign Lehner?

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Go after another goalie...

...try to get one from the Penguins.

Or wait and see what happens in Vegas.

Will they resign Lehner?

I think Vegas will try to resign Lehner.  He will be cheaper than MAF in 2 years.  MAF only has 2 years left at which time he will be 37.  MAF is already starting to decline has his SV% is dropping and his GAA is increasing.  Vegas does not really have anyone in the pipeline.  Therefore I don't see Lehner going to NSH.  

I don't see the Pens giving up on Jarry.  If anything I bet Murray would be more expendable.

Here is a complete list of FA for Goalies in the upcoming 20-21 season...

image.thumb.png.6cba0cd4aae02ee46ee1466156e3aad2.png

Holtby?  Does WASH resign since Samsonov is in wings..

Crawford I think stays in Chicago.

Lehner I believe would get resigned with Vegas for reasons I stated above...

Anderson / Howard ... LOL...solid no

Murray? Possible

Markstrom? Possible Demko in wings and let Domingue as backup to  Demko

Greiss?? possbile especially with Sorokin in fold

Talbot ?? depends on what Calgary wants to do...

Elliot resigns with Philly as back-up to Hart

I don't really see a lot of choices for NSH. Trying to trade Rinne and then trying to sign a FA goalie.  NSH  might be stuck with Rinne for 1 more year.  Who might be a good fit for Rinne?  Not a lot of choices.