COOTER

Podein25

Finally, a thread devoted to "Big Ginger," as  the boys call him (they don't call him that).

He should win the Selke. I will be surprised if he doesn't. Imagine if he could actually shoot a puck?

He was always the leader this team needed.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Finally, a thread devoted to "Big Ginger," as  the boys call him (they don't call him that).

He should win the Selke. I will be surprised if he doesn't. Imagine if he could actually shoot a puck?

Strip G of the C and give it to Couturier. 

• Like 1
  • Annoyed 1

Big fan of the player, I hate the Cooter nickname. 

It's like low hanging fruit that has been hit by the spotted lantern fly. 

I actually hate all of the nick names derived from his last name. They all sound like infections you get when you go to myrtle beach.

I think the funniest nickname I've heard is "piano-man" which references his lack of footspeed. 

In baseball we used to say a guy was pulling a wagon, but pulling a piano is a great visual.

I am glad he's beginning to get his due nationally as well. I also like that the recognition (but more importantly his play) is a thumb in the eye for all the geniuses who predicted he'd be a 3rd line player at best.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Podein25 said:

1l8fq2.jpg

On 7/31/2020 at 9:12 PM, Podein25 said:

:D

5-on-5: 41 CF, 26 SF, 53.99 CF%, 50.97 xGF%

Despite the dodgy start, the Flyers were able to come back well and really correct their process. The underlying numbers are something of a mixed bag—the raw shot attempts are just about even, as are the Expected Goals, while the Flyers took the edge in shots and the Bruins in scoring chances—but overall, with the score and venue adjustments, the Flyers come out with the edge. The averages come out looking just fine, but it’s worth commending the Flyers for how well they got back on track in the second and third, and to work towards pulling momentum pretty solidly in their favor.

What really stands out is how the Flyers were able to keep the Patrice Bergeron line shut down, and they did it with, you guessed it Sean Couturier’s line. And they didn’t just hang on and manage to keep them off the board, they positively dominated their matchup. Indeed, the line of Couturier, Claude Giroux, and Jakub Voracek came out of this game with an adjusted 73.88 CF% and 68.10 xGF%, matched up almost exclusively against the Bergeron line, and this is, in short, a pretty remarkable feat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Podein25 said:

What's the word on Raffl? I didn't see it....

They don't practice again till 2:30. 

They don't play again till Thursday which sucks i want another game.

I enjoyed that one. Man it feels so good to have to cringe every time some gets a shot in close because Hart is so sound positionaly.

Cheers!!!!

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Please don't pollute this thread with non-Sean Couturier content.

For example, you coulda compared Farabee with Couturier (that's a tough one), or commented on what young Joel has learned or could learn from Cooter. Anyway, you get the picture.

7 hours ago, Podein25 said:

What's the word on Raffl? I didn't see it....

Lol, do as I say not as I do!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Please don't pollute this thread with non-Sean Couturier content.

For example, you coulda compared Farabee with Couturier (that's a tough one), or commented on what young Joel has learned or could learn from Cooter. Anyway, you get the picture.

Lol, do as I say not as I do!

Who is Couturier?

• Haha 2

I'll leave this right here....

Speaking of Corsi numbers from that game, how well did Bruce Cassidy's decision fare to go strength-on-strength by matching Patrice Bergeron's line up directly against Sean Couturier's line? Bergeron's individual on-ice Corsi was 38.4 percent, Brad Marchand's was 35.7% and David Pastrnak's was 35.3%. For Philly, Sean Couturier was 76.9 percent, Claude Giroux's was 69.6 percent, and Jakub Voracek was 69.2 percent. Boston defenseman Zdeno Chara was deep under water at 23.1% overall (a relative -40.1% for the day).