Wild vs. Vancouver Game #2, August 4th, 2020 @ 9:45PM CST - Official GDT

CreaseAndAssist

3 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Maybe we rattled the Canucks goalie a little bit at the end.
He's still beatable for sure.
Now the question, Does Evason put Dubnyk in for game 3??
If he doesn't, Does that mean he has no confidence in him ?🤔

Hope,they will start with our star - Kaapo Kahkonen. It is time for him to show his excellence. It will be a big mistake to put Dubnyk for such an important game #3. We also need badly production from all lines as well as from our defense, especially, from Dumba who is practically a zero factor so far. We badly need his goals and be more focused on a high tensioned game,but not on raising hand. Last night we received 7 power play penalties, which means we were not well organized during the game and should be out of the penalty box like we did in game #1.

• Like 1

Mistakes and Penalties Doom Wild in 4-3 Loss to Vancouver, Series Even at 1-1

Kind of a predictable outcome.  The first goal, especially just 24 seconds in really set the tone for the rest of the game.  Minnesota had to chase the game.  I talk about the Dubnyk question in the post-gamer.  I would've posted this last night, but I explain that as well.  The Wild now play Thursday afternoon which I think will be a tough adjustment after playing these late night games.  As much as I don't like staying up until 1AM to cover a game, I kind of wish they'd stay at that time because of the routine that has kind of been created.  

By the way, if Hartman did to Pettersson what Pettersson did to him, we'd probably see a suspension IMO.  

7 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Hope,they will start with our star - Kaapo Kahkonen. It is time for him to show his excellence. It will be a big mistake to put Dubnyk for such an important game #3. We also need badly production from all lines as well as from our defense, especially, from Dumba who is practically a zero factor so far. We badly need his goals and be more focused on a high tensioned game,but not on raising hand. Last night we received 7 power play penalties, which means we were not well organized during the game and should be out of the penalty box like we did in game #1.

I figure it'll be Stalock and obviously if the Wild got up 2-0 in games, They could try others to see what they look like.
I wasn't as impressed with Alex last night tho. 2 goals should've been stopped, Especially the first one. I don't care if it fluttered or not.
It wasn't a rocket that's for sure. The D around him was terrible too most the night.
If that was Dubnyk in game 2, People would be all over him. Imo, Stalock should get the same scrutiny now.

2 early PP's and they do squat with them. It's almost like the teams swapped jerseys form game 1
Back to that Jekyll and Hyde team I guess. 😒

3 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Mistakes and Penalties Doom Wild in 4-3 Loss to Vancouver, Series Even at 1-1

Kind of a predictable outcome.  The first goal, especially just 24 seconds in really set the tone for the rest of the game.  Minnesota had to chase the game.  I talk about the Dubnyk question in the post-gamer.  I would've posted this last night, but I explain that as well.  The Wild now play Thursday afternoon which I think will be a tough adjustment after playing these late night games.  As much as I don't like staying up until 1AM to cover a game, I kind of wish they'd stay at that time because of the routine that has kind of been created.  

By the way, if Hartman did to Pettersson what Pettersson did to him, we'd probably see a suspension IMO.  

I agree with your gamer conclusions on Stalock (not totally his fault), and that Donato and Zuccarello were ineffective.  I would add Galchenyuk to that mix (among others).   Would love to see Sturm.   Convinced he has the off puck skills to excel in playoff hockey.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 4Check said:

I agree with your gamer conclusions on Stalock (not totally his fault), and that Donato and Zuccarello were ineffective.  I would add Galchenyuk to that mix (among others).   Would love to see Sturm.   Convinced he has the off puck skills to excel in playoff hockey.  

I would agree.  Galchenyuk's turnover that set up Vancouver's 2nd goal was a pretty bad.  Just overhandling the puck and making a really high risk, low-reward kind of play that turned the game back in Vancouver's favor.  

Sturm would probably be my first pick too; because he's bigger, and can be effective on a checking line with the versatility to play center if needed.