Great Save Tim Thomas!

Guest OH1FlyersFan

Why is Simmonds picked for a shootout? he has zero stickhandling skills and his shot is OK, but all his goals are off scrambles in front, he is not gonna fool a guy like Thomas.I would have used Courturier or Schenn or even Hartnell, who doesnt have lots of moves, but has a great shot and is on a tear

Why is Simmonds picked for a shootout? he has zero stickhandling skills and his shot is OK, but all his goals are off scrambles in front, he is not gonna fool a guy like Thomas.I would have used Courturier or Schenn or even Hartnell, who doesnt have lots of moves, but has a great shot and is on a tear

I wondered the same thing when I saw him take the ice. I'd have taken any of the players you listed

@RonJeremy - simmonds is a decent player and is having a good year, but there is nothing about wayne simmonds game that would lead me to believe he needs to be taking shootout attempts. i'm not sure what lavi was thinking there. i would have went with zolnierczyk or someone that has more than 1 move . the shootout is not about rewarding a player as much as it is about actually having a chance to win a game.

The shootout is BS anyway, so might as well let Simmonds take a shot - there certainly isn't any book on his approach to a penalty shot/shootout situation.

And since Bryz is going to let them all in anyway, might as well give everyone a shot just for giggles.