Wild vs. Canucks Game 4, August 7th, 2020 @ 9:45PM CST - Official GDT

CreaseAndAssist

Vancouver leads the series 2-1

11.8% Wild Power Play Percentage (19th in the NHL)

80% Wild Penalty Kill Percentage (14th in the NHL)

44.2% Wild Faceoff Win Percentage (21st in the NHL)

----------------------------------------

20% Canucks Power Play Percentage (11th in the NHL)

88.2% Canucks Penalty Kill Percentage (6th in the NHL)

55.8% Canucks Faceoff Win Percentage (4th in the NHL)

Lines:

Vancouver Canucks

Miller~Pettersson~Boeser

Pearson~Horvat~Eriksson

Roussel~Sutter~Virtanen

Motte~Beagle~MacEwen

Hughes~Tanev

Edler~Stecher

Fantenberg~Myers

Markstrom

Demko

Minnesota Wild

Parise~Staal~Fiala

Foligno~Erksson Ek~Greenway

Zuccarello~Galchenyuk~Kunin

Sturm~Koivu~Hartman

Suter~Spurgeon

Brodin~Dumba

Soucy~Hunt

Stalock

Dubnyk

Well its do or die time.  Vancouver breezed to a 3-0 win in game 3, and the Wild were a team that looks both uninspired and supremely frustrated.  Still no even strength goals for the Wild in this entire series, and far too many passengers among its older group of veterans.  Ryan Suter may or may not be available for this game.  Will this be Mikko Koivu's last game playing for the Minnesota Wild?  Unless this team shows some fire we have not seen in the last two games, I would think this series has shown just how far away this team is from being anything resembling a true Stanley Cup contender.  Enjoy and discuss!  

Edited by CreaseAndAssist

They better will win tonight and on Sunday. Media already talking about possible massive changes in the team if we will lose tonight. And many fans at my work were supremely frustrated by our team's play last 2 games too.

I was really frustrated by their play in the last two games, as well. I think they have  some effort, but in the end the results just confirm the fact that the effort needs to be 100%. Anything less will fail miserably. (And even if they managed the total effort, they might still lose the game.. )

5 hours ago, Alexandron said:

They better will win tonight and on Sunday. Media already talking about possible massive changes in the team if we will lose tonight. And many fans at my work were supremely frustrated by our team's play last 2 games too.

Gives them something to write about. Have they seen our contracts?? 😆
As a team, The Wild were still just a bubble team. Even tho they caught some fire when Evason took the helm, That was 4+ months ago.
That energy burned out long ago.
They still needed changes back then to make any playoff run, So why is now any different?
Relying on a handful of players that are actually playing to their potential right now is what we're getting.

Hopefully they can pull this one out tonight and have an interesting gm 5.

• Like 1

It's not looking good for teams on the brink of elimination as all have lost so far today and Toronto is down 2-0 in the 3rd. Hopefully we can buck that trend but with the way we've played probably not looking good, hopefully they can finally feel the desperation and get on the board early and swing the game in our favor right away.

32 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

It's not looking good for teams on the brink of elimination as all have lost so far today and Toronto is down 2-0 in the 3rd. Hopefully we can buck that trend but with the way we've played probably not looking good, hopefully they can finally feel the desperation and get on the board early and swing the game in our favor right away.

3-3 ot in to now

7 minutes ago, wildstars95 said:

the team is skating 10 mph faster without sutes

it's like he's a ball and chain attached to the other players.

Probably has a clause in his contract that says the other players aren't allowed to skate faster than him or some chit.

Edited by bbgarnett

Defensive Breakdowns Doom the Wild in 5-4 Season-Ending OT Loss to Vancouver

(sigh)  Well that's all she wrote for this season.  The Wild had chances to take this game, but defensive breakdowns killed them of the absent-minded variety.  They played with more fire, which was good, but where was this the last two games before this one?  This is my final game recap of the 2019-20 season.  Thanks for everyone who has read our previews and post-gamers over the past year, we really appreciate your support.  Onto the draft lottery!  

If its Koivu's last hurrah, then so be it.  The organization has compensated him very well and I think its time for him to move on.  You could see it in his face after the game the realization of what just happened.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

The last 11 seconds of Koivu's career? Lafreniere on my mind, right now.

Yes, just 11seconds were enough in OT to finish his career for the team. And, by the mistake of coach Koivu was involved in those 11 seconds. Why the coach put our 4th slowest line against the fastest opposite line which took 11 seconds to finish his career? Shame on coach and shame on Koivu. And a 2nd coach mistake for this game was missing opportunity on Kahkonen involvement. 3 goals out of 5 were on Stalock. Offense provided our team with 4 goals tonight, but he was not able to hold the score. Not acceptable for a starter goalie as well as to lose 12 goals in the last 3 games. And 7 goals (2+2+3) out of 12 he should be able to take. IMO, he is a solid backup goalie.

I am still not sure regarding Lafreniere. Hope, we will get him. 

Sadly to say, the season 2019-2020 is over for our team. It seems next season is going to start in December and for AHL too. (Site shows December 4th for AHL).

30 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Yes, just 11seconds were enough in OT to finish his career for the team. And, by the mistake of coach Koivu was involved in those 11 seconds. Why the coach put our 4th slowest line against the fastest opposite line which took 11 seconds to finish his career? Shame on coach and shame on Koivu. And a 2nd coach mistake for this game was missing opportunity on Kahkonen involvement. 3 goals out of 5 were on Stalock. Offense provided our team with 4 goals tonight, but he was not able to hold the score. Not acceptable for a starter goalie as well as to lose 12 goals in the last 3 games. And 7 goals (2+2+3) out of 12 he should be able to take. IMO, he is a solid backup goalie.

I am still not sure regarding Lafreniere. Hope, we will get him. 

Sadly to say, the season 2019-2020 is over for our team. It seems next season is going to start in December and for AHL too. (Site shows December 4th for AHL).

Blaming Staock is crap.  Poor defensive coverage resulted in at least 3 of those goals.  The more inspired effort proves they had more in the tank.  But you can't to expect to advance if everyone wasn't dialed in.