Wasn't the Lucic goal an illegal pick?

Guest Phillygrump

If it wasn't I really have no idea what the rule is, because that looked as plain as day. I had to miss the end of the game because of work, but in the first period it looked like Philly brought a ton of physicality and toughness (the likes of which I hadn't seen this season yet) and they were getting rewarded by being hosed by the referees.

Followed by Lucic's goal that should have never been allowed because of an illegal pick. But the positive is we took a point and scored 5 on Thomas. We aren't leaps and bounds from NY or Boston, but we're a step behind.

If it wasn't I really have no idea what the rule is, because that looked as plain as day. I had to miss the end of the game because of work, but in the first period it looked like Philly brought a ton of physicality and toughness (the likes of which I hadn't seen this season yet) and they were getting rewarded by being hosed by the referees.

Followed by Lucic's goal that should have never been allowed because of an illegal pick. But the positive is we took a point and scored 5 on Thomas. We aren't leaps and bounds from NY or Boston, but we're a step behind.

If the refs were following the play i don't know how they missed that. Sad, had Bryz been able to come up with some huge saves the point might be moot.

What do you mean, an illegal pick?

It is a fancy term for the penalty that we know of as interference. It totally should have been called. I was at the game and my whole section screamed for a penalty and before we knew it, it was in our net. The only call worse than that was the tripping call that ler to the bruins 2nd goal.

Yah, it was clear interference. Bill and Keith and JJ broke it down very succinctly. Just like Voracek's very legal check was called a "trip" but wasn't remotely. O'Halloran gave the Bruins two goals on utter shite.

Goalie. Thats the difference between the Rangers, Brruins and Philly. They have great goalies. We have a terrible bum.

I don't understand why the refs have been nothing short of horrible at the home games against the Bruins. The whole game is a power play fest for each team.

man you're not kidding. I missed both games - most of them - but of course saw the HLs and box scores. Jeezus I mean it's flat out fkng ridiculous. It reminds me of the Flyers/Devils PO series 2 years ago, where it got so bad - every game had 10, 12 (12!) minors per period - Ken Danyko said (on the air) that the officiating needs to be better, that it was hurting the series.

Of course hockey fans everywhere talk like that all the time. But for an on-air guy to say the officials are doing a bad job - that was like an "Oh my god" moment.

I only wish someone would say something like that while the Flyers/Bruins games are happening. ALL PPs ALL THE TIME sucks.

Goalie. Thats the difference between the Rangers, Brruins and Philly. They have great goalies. We have a terrible bum.

You're right FC. That is the difference. I think we could use a little more toughness as well. I loved Sestito's game on Sunday. I loved Couts's game too. Couts played like he was 30lbs heavier and 5 years older. It set the tone and picked up everyone's game.

Still, I'd like to see some toughness added because I can't see Couts and Sestito doing in all post season.

@JackStraw

I'm sure if you keep up with my posts you'll be able to read between the lines.

the stinking capitalisti commie is a bum, the most useless goalie I've ever seen and a huge waste of capspace

Of course, you'd have to pay attention and be able to dissect each and every word.

His game could improve. Its slowly starting to.

It is?

If the Boston game is any indication then Bryzgalov looks to me like he hasn't improved a bit - just the opposite really.

He's gotten worse the past few weeks - in the NHL if you're not improving you're falling behind. His best game - Minny - he "only" gave up 1 bad goal so I guess there's that. But it was a terrible goal - a long drive from Darrell Powe, who frankly has no business scoring goals from the top of the circle.