Wasn't the Lucic goal an illegal pick?

Guest Phillygrump

I hope (and still expect) he plays better down the stretch - a 3 GAA is just brutal and his Save % is worse.

He should eventually be an upgrade over Boucher - if he ever gets his sh!t together. But an upgrade over Bob? Don't think so...it's looking more doubtful every day as Bob continues to improve his game - his communication and his puck-handling is so much better this year, he's slowly but surely establishing himself as "the real deal." He had a great chance in the WC and he blew it with the bad goal, but that hiccup aside his season is on a nice arc - one that (hopefully) leads to him starting in the POs, if not for us then somewhere. His talent should not go to waste sitting behind Mr. Small.

I get the feeling (for whatever it's worth) that Bryzgalov has always been in it for the money and the prestige. The way he plays, the way he carries himself, his "stardom" on HBO...but most of all the way he plays the game - to me it shouts "I'm above all this." I truly hope he's miserable in Philly and decides the KHL is where the love is...the sooner the better imo. I've seen enough.

I hope (and still expect) he plays better down the stretch - a 3 GAA is just brutal and his Save % is worse.

I have to curb my expectations, unfortunately. See, I don't question his dedication and desire to play at a higher level. My concern is, I don't think he is capable of playing any better than what we've seen. I said it before and I'll say it again: his relative success (and by success I mean a decent save% in Phoenix during the regular season) last year and Mike Smith's success THIS year are attributable largely to Dave Tippett's unbelievable - I would even call it unmatched - defensive style of play. I watched that team play 4 or 5 times this year and it's almost unreal how both d-men and one forward completely clutter their crease when the other team attacks. The goalie doesn't really have to do much, because but the time the shot is made, more often than not it's just such an easy shot that even you or I can make a save on it.

Lavy - and I hate to say it - doesn't actually seem to even believe in playing a team defense. I don't have any other explanation as to why the team that has Timonen, Coburn, Carle, and Meszaros can really struggle that much in their own end. We can curse Bryzgalov as much as we want, and most of this criticism is well deserved, but let's be honest: the team has been playing some really sh!tty D this year, and actually last year also. I don’t know *what* goalie could've faired much better this year, to tell you the truth.

Think about this for a second. We only allowed 1 fewer goal this year than the Islanders and Winnipeg. ISLANDERS AND WINNIPEG!!!! And those are two the worst defensive teams. That's disgraceful and pitiful. Our coach - despite multiple accolades he continues receiving - has no first damn clue what the team defense really means. And I hold him totally resposnbile for that, not Bryzgalov.

Edited by Mad Dog

Yeah, all those rookies playing with their occasional bushy tailed mistakes, and seasoned veterans missing significant time because they are injured has nothing to do with any of that. Lavy is a moron. Totally doesn't know what the back end of the ice is.

C'mon. The Flyers seem to have been on the road damn near all season thus far - AND Bryz allows at least one soft goal per game (32 starts). If Bryz cleans up his act, that 142 goals against in 48 games turns into 110 goals against (3rd in the East behind the Bs and Rags).

Yes, I am serious. At least one terrible WTF were you thinking goal against PER game from Bryz.