Flyers 1st Round opponent?

pilldoc

Who do YOU want the Flyers to face in Round 1  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who do the Flyers match up better with?

• #8 Toronto
    • #9 Columbus
    • #12 Montreal
  2. 2. Who do YOU want the Flyers to play in Round 1

• #8 Toronto
    • #9 Columbus
    • #12 Montreal

So depending on how the Flyers end up today, It has been narrowed down to 3 potential teams the Flyers would face in the 1st Round.

Who do you want to face?

Regardless of your feelings, who do the Flyers match up better with?

As @AJgoal confirmed in another post ....

image.png.2fc16091d1a54680e2a298875fcf61f2.png

So the Flyers get the likes of either Montreal / Columbus / or Toronto ............

Thoughts????

Edited by pilldoc

I don’t care who they play as long as they play well.  I selected Montreal because I want the Flyers to be the #1 seed in the east.

EDIT:  I would also like to see A Columbus - Tampa Bay rematch if the Flyers win.

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan

14 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I dont want any part of Columbus 

The playoffs are a small sample size but if I were the Flyers, I'd want the Habs. The Habs are clearly the weakest team in that group of three. They got lucky defeating the Penguins. Their luck will run out in round 2, and you want to be that team that gets to face them just as their Cinderella clock strikes midnight and the wheels come flying off. 

3 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

The playoffs are a small sample size but if I were the Flyers, I'd want the Habs. The Habs are clearly the weakest team in that group of three. They got lucky defeating the Penguins. Their luck will run out in round 2, and you want to be that team that gets to face them just as their Cinderella clock strikes midnight and the wheels come flying off. 

I didn't watch much if any of the series, but my understanding that goaltending was a factor. Price was excellent and whoever plays goal for the Pens was somewhere between average and not good. 

What do you mean by lucky?

Edit: one of the reasons that first stick down matters is that the guy first down gets kicked out more. This equals faceoffs against lesser opponents and more wins. 

Edited by Podein25
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Podein25 said:

I didn't watch much if any of the series, but my understanding that goaltending was a factor. Price was excellent and whoever plays goal for the Pens was somewhere between average and not good. 

Flyers seem to have good goaltending this year as well. Won't be an issue for you guys any longer.  :) 

4 hours ago, Podein25 said:

What do you mean by lucky?

Well unless you believe the Canadiens really were a better team than Pittsburgh. It sure didn't look that way back in March while they were having their fire-sale.   

Just now, WordsOfWisdom said:

Well unless you believe the Canadiens really were a better team than Pittsburgh. It sure didn't look that way back in March while they were having their fire-sale. 

Ok, I get that. But were they lucky to win the series based on the play? Like, did they get outplayed badly but won on a great bounces and/or shoddy Pens goaltending? 

22 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Ok, I get that. But were they lucky to win the series based on the play? Like, did they get outplayed badly but won on a great bounces and/or shoddy Pens goaltending? 

The Pens were playing to get Alexis Lafrenière :shifty:

• Good Post 1

Greetings:

I remember playing them the year before we won our first Cup. We lost in six but knew our squad was on the way up and no longer an expansion doormat. 

I hope our power play gets untracked. Meanwhile, Farabee is growing up very quickly. We really can roll four lines!

17 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I hope our power play gets untracked.

Hard to believe this kid was put on waivers to start the season and anyone could have plucked him and now he is playing a pivotal role in gaining home ice advantage through the playoffs.

image.png.3201e18801fde4bc530adbc8c3df3ea0.png

Edited by OccamsRazor
#Cupbound