Round 1: Flyers vs Canadiens Thread

pilldoc

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Wow....I never wish ill will on anyone. Speedy recovery....however I would expect the Habs to come out flying and rallying around their coach....

And i expect the Flyers to come out and show why they were the #1 seed and be prepared to show they are better than what we saw from them last game.

If not for Hart they don't win that game. Now it is time to all get on the same page and getting back to swarming in waves.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 5:10 PM, Podein25 said:

I can't believe I didn't know about the Price as boyhood idol thing. Are their games the same? I assume so, right. The calm. 

Did you know Carey Price's dad (Jerry) was also a Flyers draft pick in the 70's too.

I will probably miss a chunk of the game.  How the Habs react to Julien's situation is hard to predict--suspect, like Occ, they will be fighting like hell.  

On a separate note, will AV run with Hart until hell freezes over or do we see Moose, especially if we take the first two?

8 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I will probably miss a chunk of the game.  How the Habs react to Julien's situation is hard to predict--suspect, like Occ, they will be fighting like hell.  

On a separate note, will AV run with Hart until hell freezes over or do we see Moose, especially if we take the first two?

I think AV will stick with Hart unless one game he's getting blown out then AV will put in Moose to give the kid a chance to regroup. As for the Habs, it's sad regarding Julien but the Flyers have to match the intensity in the 1st period today because you know the Habs will come out. Keep getting in the face of Price because eventually he'll snap and take a stupid penalty and the Flyers have to take advantage of powerplay opportunities and bury the Habs.

• Like 1

Interesting tidbit.... Trever Van Riemsdyk has more points so far than James while playing 2 fewer games.    Not only that, but if you watched the Canes/B's game last night, you could actually see TVR's contributions.  

If JVR shows nothing again today, he needs to sit.   At this point Bunnaman is better or hell, Frost out of position is better.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Doing some day drinkin' and hockey watchin' today fam!

Got the Silverback Distillery Blackback bourbon going for the mojo day drinkin' hockey mule. (formerly a noreaster)

Bourbon/gingerbeer/lime juice/maple syrup/rocks

https://www.sbdistillery.shop/product/blackbackbourbonvirginia/59?cs=true

Then....uh then going with Winding path Hazeway IPA 

https://wyndridge.com/crafty-beverages/winding-path-brewing-year-round/

the the last for digits for my divorce attorney are...

Go Flyers! 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Doing some day drinkin' and hockey watchin' today fam!

Got the Silverback Distillery Blackback bourbon going for the mojo day drinkin' hockey mule. (formerly a noreaster)

Bourbon/gingerbeer/lime juice/maple syrup/rocks

https://www.sbdistillery.shop/product/blackbackbourbonvirginia/59?cs=true

Then....uh then going with Winding path Hazeway IPA 

https://wyndridge.com/crafty-beverages/winding-path-brewing-year-round/

the the last for digits for my divorce attorney are...

Go Flyers! 

Day drinking..it’s what’s for breakfast!!!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Let's not enumerate the chickens before they cluck good sir, nothing good can come from that. There can't be any room in the brain for any of those kinds of thoughts. There is only room for a few mantras (in JVR's brain there's even less room):

• One  shift at a time
  • Stick to the game plan
  • Keep it simple (e.g., get pucks deep)
  • Hard on the puck (aka take the shortest route to the puck, ill humor etc)
  • Trust the bourbon

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Digityman said:

Interesting tidbit.... Trever Van Riemsdyk has more points so far than James while playing 2 fewer games.    Not only that, but if you watched the Canes/B's game last night, you could actually see TVR's contributions.  

If JVR shows nothing again today, he needs to sit.   At this point Bunnaman is better or hell, Frost out of position is better.  

JVR is the most useless Flyer since Mike York

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Distillery Blackback bourbon

Never had it but if anyone here knows me i am always up for some good bourbon. In fact going to finish off the Angel's Envy today.

cask-2019-profile.png

Good stuff. Is that a local bourbon you're going with?? Anyways Trust The Bourbon!!!!!!

Got some nice skirt steak for the grill going to be taco night in this house!!!!!!! If i make that late after starting at 3pm!!!

T.T.B.

• Like 1