RD 1: Eastern Conference: #1 Philadelphia Flyers vs. #8 Montreal Canadiens

pilldoc

RD 1: Eastern Conference: #1 Philadelphia Flyers vs. #8 Montreal Canadiens  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Flyers sweep
    • Flyers in 5
    • Flyers in 6 (Philadelphia wins series)
    • Flyers in 7
    • Canadiens sweep
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, intheslot said:

62 Artturi Lehkonen - 24 Phillip Danault - 41 Paul Byron

The Flyers have to really find an answer for this line....this line is the one who was causing more issues for them from the first game.

Solve it AV do this and this game will not be as close...they are pesky and but be neutralized!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

The Flyers have to really find an answer for this line....this line is the one who was causing more issues for them from the first game.

Solve it AV do this and this game will not be as close...they are pesky and but be neutralized!

Agreed. At the very least don't let JVR out against them

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Digityman said:

I might be alone here and that's okay, but...... I bet it would be a little easier if she didn't post stuff like that.   Or maybe instead of saying "34 days without Dad" she could say something like "Cheering for Daddy to win the Stanley Cup".    Or how about "Just hanging out, don't have to worry about money (thanks Dad!)"   Or maybe "Just hired a nanny to help cause Dad busts his ass to make us comfortable".   

I'm sure there are others - feel free to add some.     Am I off base here?

how about... "get me out of this car! Mom drives like an idiot!"

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Pretty amazing that Danault was abusing both Giroux and Couturier at the dot for 2 periods.

That asshole Byron can really skate. 

In the first period when the Flyers had the puck and were imposing their will that line wasn't noticeable, in the second when the Habs started jumping the rim plays in our d zone and started with the tap pass to guys really flying on their breakout this was their best line.

I don't know what the answer would be other than trying to get Myers and Sanhiem out against them and telling them to be super ****** sure when they pinch. 

Montreal doesn't suck.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Montreal doesn't suck.

This is true. All you had to do was watch them.

They were flying all over the ice...in fact i can't remember the Flyers looking that frustrated in a long long time...they didn't look like vs Boston, Washington or Tampa.

The wheels look like they were coming off in the 2nd and some of that was on the Flyers....they were getting beat to puck and turning it over and they lost they gap control...and seemed to get it back in the 3rd.

A lot of the issues were 3 guys just seemed to be fighting the puck and not making smart plays from what i saw...Niskanen, Braun and Ghost struggled in the 2nd and regained their composure come the 3rd.

I want to see the whole team more composed and ready to impose their will on the Canadians out the gates.

The Flyers are the better team...they need to play like it for 60 minutes!!!! Hart helped the get that 1-0 start! 3 more wins needed!

Keep an eye on this guy...

CANADIENS (RW: #11 - Brendan Gallagher)

Gallagher posted his first point since Game 1 of the series vs. PIT with an assist on the Habs only goal of Game 1... Montreal was 18-3-1 in games when Gallagher scored... He also posted 10 goals and 22 points in 31 games following a loss this season... Against the Flyers, he has 10 goals and 16 points in 22 regular season games.

57 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Im not sure what Hayes was doing. In the round robin the puck was velcroed to his stick. Not so much in game 1

Just an off game for him I think. Also, I think in the round robin the pace was not as fast and that allows him to shine. Surrounded and hounded by speed, Hayes is less effective. He needs to raise his game a notch and I expect nothing less from the big man.

4 minutes ago, intheslot said:

Keep an eye on this guy...

CANADIENS (RW: #11 - Brendan Gallagher)

Gallagher posted his first point since Game 1 of the series vs. PIT with an assist on the Habs only goal of Game 1... Montreal was 18-3-1 in games when Gallagher scored... He also posted 10 goals and 22 points in 31 games following a loss this season... Against the Flyers, he has 10 goals and 16 points in 22 regular season games.

no need to keep an eye out, Mike Milbury will let us know the entire game how good this guy is, second only to She Weber. He makes TK look like a 4th line scrub

2 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Just an off game for him I think. Also, I think in the round robin the pace was not as fast and that allows him to shine. Surrounded and hounded by speed, Hayes is less effective. He needs to raise his game a notch and I expect nothing less from the big man.

he's slowed down by that huge contract he signed

HAHAHAHAHA

8 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Just an off game for him I think.

TK as well one of the worse game i see him put out in a long while. I think everyone not name Carter Hart can play better.

And Giroux got owned at the faceoff dot he must do better....time to bring it Ol' Captain.

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

TK as well one of the worse game i see him put out in a long while. I think everyone not name Carter Hart can play better.

And Giroux got owned at the faceoff dot he must do better....time to bring it Ol' Captain.

Agreed. Even Coots was like ~40% at the dot through two periods I think. I can't imagine they will both be that bad two games in a row.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Agreed. Even Coots was like ~40% at the dot through two periods I think. I can't imagine they will both be that bad two games in a row.

Yes whatever funk they were in i hope they are over it and have figured it out so it doesn't happen again. 

It sure would help to get this power play going when you look at all this talent they have on paper. But paper don't win games.

Get it going!

Trust The Bourbon!!!!!

26 minutes ago, Puck_Pun said:

FB_IMG_1597454359378.jpg

Well the Flyers got their assess handed to them today which isn't a bad thing, the whole team needed to be brought back down to reality. It's time for the coaches to earn their money and it's time for the top players on this team to earn their money also. Everybody knew the Habs would come out with the rally cry to win one for their coach. So now it's time for the Flyers to come out with a chip on their shoulders and take it to the Habs. Price is beatable so he's not a god so the Flyers have to stop treating him like one and get in his face. Also they have to start pounding the Habs!

• Like 1