• Bruins in 5 (Boston wins series)
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7
    • Hurricanes Sweep
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

I will post dates and TV times when they become available.

image.png.fdfaf2767a5554afdbf55ec2627485e0.png

This will be the second consecutive postseason match-up and sixth playoff meeting overall between these two teams. Boston won last year's series in a four-game sweep. Boston won the only game in this year's regular season series.

Edited by pilldoc

Canes in 5. They already had the best defensive corps in the league, and they're getting Hamilton back. Unless Mrazek implodes, I don't see Boston being able to match the speed of the Canes. Bruins just have no jump, I don't think they're going to be able to turn it on.

• Like 1

Hurricanes in 6. The mental aspect will be the key with a Carolina team on fire and the Bruins still searching form themselves and not having played real playoffs hockey yet.

If the Canes are able to build a 2-0 lead, they will defeat the Bruins. However if this series extends, The Bruins have a better shot on the long-term.

• Like 1

I picked the Canes in 6

I think they are as good in the Pre COVID world and are playing better at the moment.

The edge that Boston has is Rask, if he plays to his top level, he can steal the series. 

I think the Broons will need that, I don't see where past Pasternak, Coyle and Krejci they have anyone playing "well" at the moment. 

Chara looked slow, MacAvoy is he good or is he benefiting from his partner? I thought Krug looked dinged up... Marchand, Bergerron didn't look "right".  Too many things looking out of sync for them. 
The Canes are fast and humiliated the Rangers which was awesome! I would think they would have a lot more confidence going into the series, even with tweedle dee and dum in nets for the Canes they will win this series. 

• Like 1

If there is an upset this year....I truly believe this could be it. The Bruins have not responded well during the round robin and I don't subscribe to the "turn it on" and play theory.  I watched most most of their 3 games and they simply did not look the same.  Agree Rask in net will keep it close.  

The Canes can score and if they get decent goaltending in net then this series is going 6 or 7 games.  I really like the Canes chances here.  Bruins going home scratching their collective heads and Bruin fans complaining how they screwed by going from the #1 seed to the #4 seed.  (which will be entertaining) :)

Going with the upset here with the Canes in 6.

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

If there is an upset this year....I truly believe this could be it. The Bruins have not responded well during the round robin and I don't subscribe to the "turn it on" and play theory.  I watched most most of their 3 games and they simply did not look the same.  Agree Rask in net will keep it close.  

The Canes can score and if they get decent goaltending in net then this series is going 6 or 7 games.  I really like the Canes chances here.  Bruins going home scratching their collective heads and Bruin fans complaining how they screwed by going from the #1 seed to the #4 seed.  (which will be entertaining) :)

Going with the upset here with the Canes in 6.

Meh, in all my years of watching hockey, i never have or never will give a **** about seeding. We live in an NHL world where an 8th seed can win a cup...remember those guys ?

It's all about the mojo, and the bruins had tons of it going into the stoppage...now coming back, it's gone. They look slow, lazy, unorganized and disinterested...and maybe perhaps because they had already secured a spot in the dance upon the return, and best effort or no effort does not matter.

That said, they had better mind a way to get it back, or canes in 5....hope not though.

• Like 1

Have been watching a bit of this on and off today...
Reasonably exciting...then again, I am listening to John Forslund on the play by play, and he has a propensity to make ANY teams he announces for (lucky him, he gets his home network Canes!) sound very exciting.
Love listening to his calls.

Anyways, looks like the Bruins and Canes, not happy bout being bumped by the Lightning and Jackets, will try to do a multi OT of their own.

Boston and Carolina:
"...What??? TB and CBJ with an epic quintuple overtime???? Hold our beers...."  :shifty:

• Haha 1

Carolina wins the series in 7. I think they have enough team speed to wear down the Bruins defense. I think players like Aho and Svechnikov step up their offensive game, and they get it done. I think Boston will have a Stanley Cup final hangover, plus they haven't played well at all since they've begun playing again. The SC hangover is real.

28 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I didn't think Carolina would win this series BECAUSE of Mrazek, that is for sure.

Blasphemy! , if he plays just as good as he did in the last series, the Canes will be fine. Also, there is no “I” in team.

• Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

1 minute ago, HockeyLdy said:

Blasphemy! , if he plays just as good as he did in the last series, the Canes will be fine. Also, there is no “I” in team.

Sorry for blasphemy against Peter the Great. 😜