• Bruins in 5 (Boston wins series)
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7
    • Hurricanes Sweep
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

Wow!  I get his POV and I respect his opinion but if he was thinking this all along he should have done this a couple of weeks ago. This kind of throws his team a major curveball.

It's also worth noting that Rask's wife gave birth to their third child back in April.

Tuukka should’ve known/announced before camp that he would rather sit out. I know it’s different when you’re the starting goalie, but the players would’ve appreciated it more then than they do now. Halak needed that extra time to prepare, so if he’s not ready and the Bruins lose this series, IMO a lot of Bruin fans will blame Rask.

• Like 1

I find it hard to blame Rask. If anything, he tried to put his concerns aside to help his teammates, and it just got to be too much. Not everyone is built for the life the players are leading right now. 100% ok with this choice.

• Like 1

I think there is something more to the story.  Just being with his family sounds to generic.  If there was some type of medical emergency then that is a totally different story.  I also understand  without knowing the full story or all the facts that there will be varying opinions and judgments.

3 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I think there is something more to the story.  Just being with his family sounds to generic.  If there was some type of medical emergency then that is a totally different story.  I also understand  without knowing the full story or all the facts that there will be varying opinions and judgments.

Apparently he'd always been ambivalent about the whole thing. The other day he said it didn't feel like the playoffs to him. It just seems like he doesn't have the mentality for the bubble. And that's perfectly fine. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AJgoal said:

I find it hard to blame Rask. If anything, he tried to put his concerns aside to help his teammates, and it just got to be too much. Not everyone is built for the life the players are leading right now. 100% ok with this choice.

Exactly....

He's getting killed on social media and i am in awe of the hate he's receiving.

Anyone who blasts him for choosing family over a sport is just wrong....Perhaps he was on the fence and played the first two games with this in his mind, and decided his family comes first. He's got my support 100%. He's been a rock for the last 7 -8 seasons.

I do know this though...sad as it is, if he ever comes back to boston (which i can't see happening) he's gonna get run right out of town, and that will be a shame.

That said, Halak looked great today, sans that one goof...

• Like 1

The last period of yesterday's game may be the dagger of this series. Leading 2-0, the Canes were crushed by the Bruins and totally unable to respond. Rask is not there anymore, maybe this won't be a factor.