You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Kraken Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

pilldoc

RD 1: Eastern Conference: #4 Boston Bruins vs. #5 Carolina Hurricanes

RD 1: Eastern Conference: #4 Boston Bruins vs. #5 Carolina Hurricanes  

11 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Bruins Sweep
    • Bruins in 5 (Boston wins series)
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7
    • Hurricanes Sweep
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

I didn't think Carolina would win this series BECAUSE of Mrazek, that is for sure.

Yikes they manage to win despite him...

• Uggh... 1

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So will we see a Reimer vs. Halak battle tomorrow since there are back to back games now??

I would say the chances of that are quite good.

On 8/12/2020 at 3:28 PM, FD19372 said:

Sorry for blasphemy against Peter the Great. 😜

How is this NOT a penalty???

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Boston.

• Good Post 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Boston got theirs, and lost 3-2, all that matters in the end. Go Canes!

• Like 1

Rask has decided to opt out of being part of the playoff bubble, citing a need to be with his family. This will have a big effect on how Boston performs from here on

FB_IMG_1597503306362.jpg

Wow!  I get his POV and I respect his opinion but if he was thinking this all along he should have done this a couple of weeks ago. This kind of throws his team a major curveball.

It's also worth noting that Rask's wife gave birth to their third child back in April.

Tuukka should’ve known/announced before camp that he would rather sit out. I know it’s different when you’re the starting goalie, but the players would’ve appreciated it more then than they do now. Halak needed that extra time to prepare, so if he’s not ready and the Bruins lose this series, IMO a lot of Bruin fans will blame Rask.

• Like 1

I find it hard to blame Rask. If anything, he tried to put his concerns aside to help his teammates, and it just got to be too much. Not everyone is built for the life the players are leading right now. 100% ok with this choice.

• Like 1

I think there is something more to the story.  Just being with his family sounds to generic.  If there was some type of medical emergency then that is a totally different story.  I also understand  without knowing the full story or all the facts that there will be varying opinions and judgments.

3 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I think there is something more to the story.  Just being with his family sounds to generic.  If there was some type of medical emergency then that is a totally different story.  I also understand  without knowing the full story or all the facts that there will be varying opinions and judgments.

Apparently he'd always been ambivalent about the whole thing. The other day he said it didn't feel like the playoffs to him. It just seems like he doesn't have the mentality for the bubble. And that's perfectly fine. 

• Like 1

Man, Svechnikov leaves with an ankle injury that looked BAD. 

6 hours ago, AJgoal said:

I find it hard to blame Rask. If anything, he tried to put his concerns aside to help his teammates, and it just got to be too much. Not everyone is built for the life the players are leading right now. 100% ok with this choice.

Exactly....

He's getting killed on social media and i am in awe of the hate he's receiving.

Anyone who blasts him for choosing family over a sport is just wrong....Perhaps he was on the fence and played the first two games with this in his mind, and decided his family comes first. He's got my support 100%. He's been a rock for the last 7 -8 seasons.

I do know this though...sad as it is, if he ever comes back to boston (which i can't see happening) he's gonna get run right out of town, and that will be a shame.

That said, Halak looked great today, sans that one goof...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Man, Svechnikov leaves with an ankle injury that looked BAD. 

Yes it did.

Hope he is ok.

The last period of yesterday's game may be the dagger of this series. Leading 2-0, the Canes were crushed by the Bruins and totally unable to respond. Rask is not there anymore, maybe this won't be a factor.