• Lightning in 7
    • Blue Jackets sweep
    • Blue Jackets in 5
    • Blue Jackets in 6
    • Blue Jackets in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

Will post TV times and schedule soon

image.png.e741315087980df1acd5f1cd93e7745e.png

This will be the second consecutive playoff meeting and second postseason match-up between these two teams. Columbus won last year's playoff meeting in a four-game sweep. Tampa Bay won the only game in this year's regular season series.

Edited by pilldoc

Oh my.

Columbus just sent a skilled soft team home with bruises from head to toe and an offseason to recover, now they face the team that they did the same to last year.

I have Bolts in six, adding skilled tough players will make the difference this time around. Man i cant wait for this one to start. Drop the puck already.

• Like 2

Agree @yave1964... should be a fun series.  Hey the Jackets did it last year why not this year too! ;)   No Stamkos..No Hedman (at least for game #1) for the foreseeable future.    Agree the Bolts got tougher but they still have nightmares about last year.  I could easily see this going 7 games.  There will be no sweeps this year.

In an upset again...Jackets in 7.

Edited by pilldoc

I think this could be an entertaining series.

Dubois is a superstar in the making, that guy is big and  fast with the filthy mitts. There are a bunch of quality skilled dudes on the  Jackets and Fonzi is still getting through to them so I think this will be competitive.

It will be interesting to see how this Tampa team reacts without some of its best players and leaders. MacDoungagh is a good leader but he's just alright as a defender these days, I don't know what kind of guy Stamkos is in the room either, who steps up? The Bolts got tougher but I don't know if they got better or more focused. 

Tyler Johnson is still pretty clutch, Svetchnikov ( I meant Sergachev) is an exciting guy to watch, there are still a lot of good players and Vasileivski is still a stud. 

This should be interesting, I don't have a good feel for it. If the Bolts play vs CBJ the way they did vs the Flyers they will have a result similar to last year. Are they champing at the bit to redeem themselves against CBJ?

I think this series depends on how well Tampa comes together, it's an organizational gut check IMO. If they cowboy up they could be NHL champions, they might wind up being also rans too. 

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 3

I was never impressed with Jonas Korpasalo (or CorpseASalo as I sometimes called him), but I have to give him props....
If it weren't for him, the Bolts would have won Game 1 long ago.

Game is still in progress....about to go into a FOURTH overtime as I type this, but man, has Korpasalo been excellent.

If he plays like this when the seasons go back to somewhat normal, then Columbus fans can say "Bobrovsky Who?"...of course referring to the big name goalie that left and many assumed (myself included) that the Jackets simply did NOT have a proper replacement for him.

Korpa just may be that guy.

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I was never impressed with Jonas Korpasalo (or CorpseASalo as I sometimes called him), but I have to give him props....
If it weren't for him, the Bolts would have won Game 1 long ago.

Game is still in progress....about to go into a FOURTH overtime as I type this, but man, has Korpasalo been excellent.

If he plays like this when the seasons go back to somewhat normal, then Columbus fans can say "Bobrovsky Who?"...of course referring to the big name goalie that left and many assumed (myself included) that the Jackets simply did NOT have a proper replacement for him.

Korpa just may be that guy.

Yeah, he’s the only reason they’ve got this far in the first place. But dang, I got tired of watching it and it’s going on now 8 periods. The Lightning need to put them down now and end this game already.

Just now, hf101 said:

How are you holding up TFG...   This brings back some memories for sure

OMG ... yeah... and to think I stayed up until ~2am watching the Pens/Flyers dandy. This game may top that one!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hf101 said:

How are you holding up TFG...   This brings back some memories for sure

I'm holding up pretty well actually.

I am not as emotionally invested in these playoffs as I normally would be.
That said, I'd be lying if I said I didn't care whether the Bolts exorcised a big demon and beat the Jackets.

I still feel that whomever wins this Cup should have an asterisk next to their name, but at the very least, I would like it if the Bolts, even if they lose at some point later, wouldn't go into the short break before a season restart STILL stewing over the Blue Jackets.

• Like 1

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

So much WOW, that the Bruins/Canes game that was supposed to be played was moved to tomorrow morning!! :lol:

Bolts n Jackets hogging up all the ice....

great minds think alike... I just posted the same thing at the same time...LOL

• Haha 1