• Blues in 7
    • Canucks sweep
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

dates / TV schedule coming soon

image.png.1763163657d3fd7cf1404e3a954dab2f.png

This will be the fourth playoff meeting between these two teams, with Vancouver winning all three previous series. They last met in the 2009 Western Conference Quarterfinals, which Vancouver won in a four-game sweep. Vancouver won two of the three games in this year's regular season series.

Edited by pilldoc

Vancouver has some pretty exciting players but not enough to match the depth of St Louis.

Plus they have some pretty stupid players to offset Petersson, Horvat and Hughes

No one is talking about the returning champs, they probably are okay with that.

they just whelmed in the round robin, but that defense is still outstanding, there's enough forward talent they have 3 very good lines and Binnington wasn't a fluke. 

this team is dangerous.

I think this might go 5 but I'm giving the young legs an edge in two games.

• Like 1

Blues in 6. I don't think the Canucks have enough physicality, nor do I trust Markstrom to make that big save. The Canucks have a lot of good, to very good young players, but their time is not right now. The Blues have too much size, and strength. Eventually, they'll wear Vancouver down. They also have the edge with Binnington.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1

Blues are simply the better team ..... for now.  The Canucks are young and upcoming and could steal 2 games.  With that said I think Vancouver gives the Blues all they can handle and the Blues experience will be the deciding factor.

I'll make @Hockey Junkie happy and take the Blues in 7.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Blues are simply the better team ..... for now.  The Canucks are young and upcoming and could steal 2 games.  With that said I think Vancouver gives the Blues all they can handle and the Blues experience will be the deciding factor.

I'll make @Hockey Junkie happy and take the Blues in 7.

I must say I am a little worried.  I know the Blues went through the motions, putting Allen in and all.  But now Binnington has to step up.  And so does Teresenko who is a huge bonus

Vancouver Canucks have absolutely NOTHING to lose here.
All pressure is on the Blues (if there IS any actual pressure in these Covid Cup playoffs), and overall, the Blues ARE the more complete team.

But I like these Canucks.
Young up n comers, have some real nice players on board....and they did the Minnesota Wild a big favor by removing them from the equation (Wild can now plan ahead for '20-'21 with a shot at a better draft pick).

Rooting Vancouver as they are playing with house money, although I think the Blues take this.
Probably in 6.

That Bo Horvat is something else.... and I don't even think we've seen the absolute best from him in his still young career.

He is a face off monster, plays a solid two way game and over the last two seasons and going into these Covid Cup playoffs, he has been a major thorn in the side of the St. Louis Blues as he also was in the sides of the Minnesota Wild prior to that.

Good looking player and I look foward to watching him continue to mature on the ice.

18 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Deep? Can they even win a game?

I picked the Blues to win this series in 6. If they keep playing like this, it's likely they don't win a game. The Canucks are making the Blues look slow.

Edited by FD19372

14 hours ago, FD19372 said:

I picked the Blues to win this series in 6. If they keep playing like this, it's likely they don't win a game. The Canucks are making the Blues look slow.

Compared to the Canucks, the Blues ARE slow....
Make no mistake....the Canucks may not be a complete team yet, but youth and speed, that they DO have in spades!
Very exciting team to watch.

• Like 2

LOL @ Berube-isms....

Media: "Coach...the Blues won the game, what was the difference in this one?"
Berube: "We scored more than them."

Hah....I expect NOTHING less from the coach whose mantra is, "must play harder!!" 

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Haha 1

Blue say "not so fast!" to the young Canucks.

Series tied and now Vancouver will have to prove they are better than the Champs best two out of three moving forward.
Canucks MIGHT be able to get it done, but I think it is safe to say the Blues are fully awake now.

They are still the more complete team and could now be in position to show Vancouver how much more work needs to get put in before they can win anything.

Canucks definitely need to get their 5 on 5 scoring going more consistently... Blues aren't just going to keep gifting them PP time.

On 8/18/2020 at 12:29 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Blue say "not so fast!" to the young Canucks.

And let's be honest Jake Allen has came in and outplayed Binnington and for now has stolen the crease. Binnington has been fighting the puck and just not been play like the guy we saw leading to the Cup win.

I must say i never saw that coming never been that high on Allen but i have to give him props for his play.

• Like 1

Jordan Binnington is in net for this possible elimination game in favor of the Canucks.

Vancouver is off n running with an early 1-0 lead less than 4 minutes in.
Blues looked strong to start, often hemming in the Canucks in their zone, but Van's defense held, got opportunities and Jay Freakin Beagle of all players, gets his team on top of St. Louis 

And now as I finish this, Vancouver with more pressure in the St. Louis zone...

Berube to his team:
"Must come back harder!" :bigteeth:

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

3 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Canucks crushing the Blues so far....
4-0 about midway through the second period and that 4th Vancouver goal just knocked out Binnington.

Jake Allen now in net for St. Louis.
Wow.

Blues may go out in a whimper if this continues.

Not sure why he didn't go back to Allen he got them their last two wins.

Oh well going home now.

Was that Alex P's last game in a Blues uni?

15 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Was that Alex P's last game in a Blues uni?

Good question.

Blues are awfully tight on cap space for the next two seasons, but then they have other salaries coming off the books, so if they do some wheeling and dealing this offseason, create some room, they COULD keep Pietrangelo, be tight against the cap for a bit, then find relief in two seasons again.

All depends on what Pietrangelo is seeking in salary, how badly would he want to stay in St. Louis, who the Blues have in the pipelin, or whether someone offers him a knock out deal elsewhere.