2020 Draft Lottery

jammer2

Didnt see a thread on this, apologies if there is one started. 

3 questions:

1) Which of the 8 possible teams needs Alexis the most?

2) Which 2 teams would make you vomit if they won the right to pick 1st?

3) Which team does your gut say will draft 1st? 

1)Minnesota. They need young star power in the worst possible way. Suter and Praise are + 35 and getting worse each season. Landing a talented winger like Alexis could attract a legit star center through free agency. This team has never had a super star center (apologies to the Koivu contingent...lol).

2) Pittsburgh and New York. Toronto would also sicken me to the core...but NO WAY do I want a division rival to snag this kid!!

3) My gut says Florida...we shall see. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

3 questions:

1)Minnesota. They need young star power in the worst possible way. Suter and Praise are + 35 and getting worse each season. Landing a talented winger like Alexis could attract a legit star center through free agency. This team has never had a super star center (apologies to the Koivu contingent...lol).

2) Pittsburgh and New York. Toronto would also sicken me to the core...but NO WAY do I want a division rival to snag this kid!!

cant argue with any of it.... I would add the Oilers to list I don’t want him going to..... they have had their share of #1 picks over the past several years....

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

3 questions:

I would love to see Pittsburgh get this kid! To see Flyers fans moan and groan will be music to my ears!😜

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

3 questions:

Florida and Minnesota he would help bring a small increase to attendance. 

Toronto? Why ruin the kid? 

The Rangers? I love to see them struggle as much as I like to hear the Flyers fan bitch!

52 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

cant argue with any of it.... I would add the Oilers to list I don’t want him going to..... they have had their share of #1 picks over the past several years....

I agree with you on the Oilers.

What about the Devils?

13 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

I agree with you on the Oilers.

What about the Devils?

Devils are not eligible for the #1 pick.  In the initial lottery they are slated to go #7 overall.

When the first lottery was drawn, we only knew seven of the teams involved: Detroit, Ottawa, Buffalo, Los Angeles, Anaheim, New Jersey and San Jose (though Ottawa held their pick). The other eight teams were represented by a “placeholder” tag to stand in for the qualifying round losers who would be determined at a later date. If the placeholder team was drawn for any of the top three draft positions, a second lottery needed to be held for the eight teams eliminated in qualifying.

So, of course, one of these placeholders “won” the first overall pick, which is why we need a second draw now.

This is only involving the eight teams that were eliminated from the qualifying round: Toronto, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Pittsburgh, Nashville, Minnesota, Florida and the NY Rangers. One of those teams will pick first overall at this year’s draft. All of the others in this lottery will be slotted in reverse order of points percentage finish in the regular season, starting at the ninth overall pick. By the end of Monday night, we’ll know the order of the first 15 picks of the 2020 NHL Draft.

The Pittsburgh Penguins had the best points percentage of any eliminated team in the regular season, so if they do not win the first overall pick, they’ll lock in at 15th overall. Edmonton had the next-highest points percentage, so if neither the Penguins or Oilers win the first pick, Edmonton will end up 14th overall. And so on.

Draft order:

1. Placeholder team
2. Los Angeles Kings
3. Ottawa Senators (from San Jose)
4. Detroit Red Wings
5. Ottawa Senators
6. Anaheim Ducks
7. New Jersey Devils
8. Buffalo Sabres

Phase 2 Draft Order:

MIN: 1st or 9th
WPG: 1, 9 or 10
NYR: 1, 10 or 11
NAS: 1, 11 or 12
FLA: 1, 12 or 13
TOR: 1, 13 or 14
EDM: 1, 14 or 15
PIT: 1 or 15th

Minnesota's attendance is just fine, especially in comparison to Florida.  But we need a Top line center in the worst possible way and that wouldn't be Lafreniere.  We by far are the team that could use a 1st Overall pick the most, that being said...it will probably go to Pittsburgh, Edmonton or Toronto.  Just because...

• Like 2

Please not Toronto, Edmonton or Pittsburgh. If not one of those three i would rank my preference

5) Predators. I see this as an aging slow team on decline and Lafreniere would be wasted there.

4)Rangers.  Lafreniere would be the final piece of a complete rebuild.

3) Jets Lots of young upcoming talent he would inject youth to a forward group that is in need of depth.

2) Wild. He would be a perfect fit on an aging slow club in need of speed and scoring.

1)Panthers. On a line with Huberdeau and Barkov is the perfect landing spot.

Just please, Hockey Gods, do not let the Leafs, Oilers or Penguins get this one. Please.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

2 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Minnesota's attendance is just fine, especially in comparison to Florida.  But we need a Top line center in the worst possible way and that wouldn't be Lafreniere.  We by far are the team that could use a 1st Overall pick the most, that being said...it will probably go to Pittsburgh, Edmonton or Toronto.  Just because...

I'm pulling for you guys to win it.

I want to see the Wild, Jets or Panthers win it. The fans in Minnesota sell out their building, and deserve a superstar talent that gives the fans something to watch and enjoy for years to come. They probably just lost Koivu to retirement, so they could use an infusion. The Jets are another fan base, in the middle of Manitoba where it gets very cold for months, and want some excitement. They are another devoted fanbase like Minny, and deserve a player of that caliber there. In the case of south Florida, if NHL hockey is going to survive there, they need a big drawing card to put butts in the seats. This kid might just be it.

Edited by FD19372

21 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Please not Toronto, Edmonton or Pittsburgh. If not one of those three i would rank my preference

5) Predators. I see this as an aging slow team on decline and Lafreniere would be wasted there.

4)Rangers.  Lafreniere would be the final piece of a complete rebuild.

3) Jets Lots of young upcoming talent he would inject youth to a forward group that is in need of depth.

2) Wild. He would be a perfect fit on an aging slow club in need of speed and scoring.

1)Panthers. On a line with Huberdeau and Barkov is the perfect landing spot.

Just please, Hockey Gods, do not let the Leafs, Oilers or Penguins get this one. Please.

I’m AOK with this.....maybe swap the Panthers and Wild ... either way I agree NO Pens, Oilers, or Leafs....

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm pulling for you guys to win it.

I'm in the same boat. We have a lot of really cool, dedicated, long suffering Wild fans on this site...as good a reason as any to hope the Wild catch a break. Plus, the region has long supported hockey without fail. From a Flyer perspective...get the kid in the other conference!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, notfondajane said:

Florida and Minnesota he would help bring a small increase to attendance. 

Toronto? Why ruin the kid? 

The Rangers? I love to see them struggle as much as I like to hear the Flyers fan bitch!

I smile at the thought of Crosby and Malkin getting old and feeble. They will start to lose, fans will lose interest and be mired in obscurity forever...the end.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, notfondajane said:

I would love to see Pittsburgh get this kid! To see Flyers fans moan and groan will be music to my ears!😜

Of course you would 😏

Edited by Poulin20

If the leafs get the first pick ,it just gives them a older forward to trade,even though the leafs do not deserve this guy if they win it.

Edited by musky

3 minutes ago, musky said:

If the leafs get the first pick ,it just gives them a older forward to trade,even though the leafs do not deserve this guy if they win it.

If you are the Leafs, coming off another first round bow out, if you get the first pick or not, do you look to move one of Matthews/Marner/Tavares/Nylander? Can you as they all have huge long term deals? What do you trade them for? 

6 hours ago, jammer2 said:

This!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

If you are the Leafs, coming off another first round bow out, if you get the first pick or not, do you look to move one of Matthews/Marner/Tavares/Nylander? Can you as they all have huge long term deals? What do you trade them for? 

Nylander is soft as Charmin. If he can be dealt for a respectable d man you do it! Even more extreme..Marner is not built for the playoffs...trade him for a young super star d man!