You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Kraken Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

jammer2

2020 Draft Lottery

23 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Nylander is soft as Charmin. If he can be dealt for a respectable d man you do it! Even more extreme..Marner is not built for the playoffs...trade him for a young super star d man!

Nobody is picking up Marner at his cap hit in a flat cap world. 

• Like 2

Damn..... better than leafs , pens, Oilers,.... but still

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Nobody is picking up Marner at his cap hit in a flat cap world. 

Someone will pick up Marner if he's on the market. Say what you want about the cap hit, but he's a 90 point forward. He's got Giroux-like qualities to him. Move him from the wing to center and Marner will be better off for it. If there's anyone in Toronto that should be moved, it's that dog Austin Matthews.

1 minute ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Someone will pick up Marner if he's on the market. Say what you want about the cap hit, but he's a 90 point forward. He's got Giroux-like qualities to him. Move him from the wing to center and Marner will be better off for it. If there's anyone in Toronto that should be moved, it's that dog Austin Matthews.

Let me rephrase: 

There's no way the Leafs can make a trade that makes sense. There are three teams that can absorb Marner's hit next year: New Jersey, LA, and Ottawa. None of those have pieces that should interest the Leafs in exchange for Marner. That means that they're going to have to take back salary, and that makes their life much more difficult.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Gotta agree, 90 pt forwards under 25 yrs old dont grow on trees. Projecting a lot...but Marner for Moritz Seider and the Wings 1st next year? Detroit has the cap space and TO needs D...although experienced D is probably preferred. Dont see Stevie Y biting on this though. 

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Damn..... better than leafs , pens, Oilers,.... but still

What? The Pens are the best thing going out of the bunch!!😀

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

What? The Pens are the best thing going out of the bunch!!😀

you are too funny... thanks for the chuckles.. 😁

Edited by pilldoc

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

you are too funny... thanks for the chuckles.. 😁

Aww... thanks!😊

2 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Gotta agree, 90 pt forwards under 25 yrs old dont grow on trees. Projecting a lot...but Marner for Moritz Seider and the Wings 1st next year? Detroit has the cap space and TO needs D...although experienced D is probably preferred. Dont see Stevie Y biting on this though. 

Will he score 60 goals though?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Yes before Christmas break...

:crazysmile:

Did someone really check the bottom of the balls? I mean, they showed them having all teams logos, great, But I'm sure the Rangers logo was behind any of them. Picking the Rangers is win-win-win of everybody:

1) For Lafrenière: he lands on a big market, big team which might be the best fit for him

2) For the Rangers: it was the team that was the most on rebuild mode.

3) For the League: One the biggest market in the league could significantly improve, Buttman avoids criticism and polemics if it would have been Pittsburgh, Edmonton or Toronto and this has more impact than if it were Winnipeg or Nashville.

On 8/10/2020 at 10:01 PM, AJgoal said:

No one will ever score 60 again. If they do...God helped them cheat...thats my new stance...lol

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

No one will ever score 60 again. If they do...God helped them cheat...thats my new stance...lol

Learned yer lesson finally eh? Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

What about if you pro-rate Mathews' season?

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, AJgoal said:

What about if you pro-rate Mathews' season?

>>>>In my very best Sgt. Schultz voice>>> I SEEEEE NOOTTTINGGG!!!

• Haha 1

Lafreniere should do well with the Rangers.  They have lots of young talented players in their system.  (sigh)  It wasn't the best outcome (Wild, Panthers), but it certainly wasn't the worst (Leafs, Jets).