Tallon Out as GM

Howie58

Well, after 10 years and another disappointing season, Dale is gone, despite Bobo and Q.  

My affinity is for the Flyers...always has been and always will be.  But on occasion, it would be OK to attend a team that plays a few miles from where I live.  Sadly, I've tried being a fan..and going, and end up feeling that I've wasted my time and money.  NHL Center Ice and the Flyers make a lot more sense.

The new ownership team was supposed to make a difference.  Well, based on what I've read, it appears this ship was as rudderless as ever, with intense bickering over its future.  Tallon brought in some good young players (Ekblad, Huberdeau, Barkov) but other drafts and signings have been questionable. This team has had a quarter century to build a quality franchise.  It hasn't happened.  And, I do think there are folks here who might support a good team.  

I wonder if Hextall is a possible candidate? 

Edited by Howie58
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Well, after 10 years and another disappointing season, Dale is gone, despite Bobo and Q.  

My affinity is for the Flyers...always has been and always will be.  But on occasion, it would be OK to attend a team that plays a few miles from where I live.  Sadly, I've tried being a fan..and going, and end up feeling that I've wasted my time and money.  NHL Center Ice and the Flyers make a lot more sense.

The new ownership team was supposed to make a difference.  Well, based on what I've read, it appears this ship was as rudderless as ever, with intense bickering over its future.  Tallon brought in some good young players (Ekblad, Huberdeau, Barkov) but other drafts and signings have been questionable. This team has had a quarter century to build a quality franchise.  It hasn't happened.  And, I do think there are folks here who might support a good team.  

I wonder if Hextall is a possible candidate? 

Or Clarkie. Worked once, lol

26 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Or Clarkie. Worked once, lol

Hi Pods:

I was thinking the same thing...he could truly retire to FL.  They will need someone with a lot of experience. Having Q on board might not be such a great thing if he is perceived to be a roadblock. They also have some serious cap problems--Hexy might do a good job with that. 

• Like 1