• Flyers in 5
    • Flyers in 6
    • Flyers in 7
    • Islanders sweep
    • Islanders in 5
    • Islanders in 6
    • Islanders in 7 (New York wins series)

This poll is closed to new votes

Also Claude Giroux high stick that caught Islanders forward Mathew Barzal under the eye late in the third period.No call with the ref looking right at it?

just brutal

Edited by musky

1 minute ago, musky said:

Also Claude Giroux high stick that caught Islanders forward Mathew Barzal under the eye late in the third period.No call with the ref looking right at it?

It was on a follow through.

High-sticking. 60.1. High-sticking - A "high-stick" is one which is carried above the height of the opponent's shoulders. A player is permitted accidental contact on an opponent if the act is committed as a normal windup or follow through of a shooting motion.

That's from the ol' rule book bud.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, musky said:

just brutal

It was a follow through so no penalty that is why.

• Uggh... 1

9 minutes ago, musky said:

just brutal

waaaaa!

17 minutes ago, musky said:

just brutal

Wow, nice self own their dude. Also, when you see Leon Stickle tell him to get fukced.

• Haha 2

Here is a take on possible replacement if our Coots is out.  Raffl is the probable:

https://sports.yahoo.com/analyzing-sean-couturier-injury-situation-003953111.html

I have to believe our D will be "activated" bomb away.  It seems to be the only way we score.  My faith in the elders is limited.  

6 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Here is a take on possible replacement if our Coots is out.  Raffl is the probable:

https://sports.yahoo.com/analyzing-sean-couturier-injury-situation-003953111.html

I have to believe our D will be "activated" bomb away.  It seems to be the only way we score.  My faith in the elders is limited.  

Wow.

Frost must be a steaming pile of garbage if Coots a center goes down and the kid can't get a sniff.

I just thought it would be nice to get the kid some experience too is the high stakes NHL playoffs for the future.

But hey what do I know. At least it's friday!!!

And game day!

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Frost must be a steaming pile of garbage if Coots a center goes down and the kid can't get a sniff.

I just thought it would be nice to get the kid some experience too is the high stakes NHL playoffs for the future.

hyperbole, I know but I do agree also.  If he's (Frost) going to be the guy he needs to be able to do it no matter who it's against. 

They threw Giroux in vs the Penguins at Frost's age and experience level and he was better than "fine". I'd want to see what Morgan's got. I know he'd be able to skate with Pageau If he's brought up for 3rd line duties. I don't know if Bunny running into people is what is needed. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

About that...

Well it's friday for me i work four on four off so I don't have to be back to work till Tuesday.

So today is Friday and tomorrow is Friday.

Can never have enough Fridays...

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 5:30 PM, musky said:

just brutal

Please stop. It was 100% incidental contact. No intent.

On 9/2/2020 at 4:30 PM, musky said:

just brutal

On 9/2/2020 at 4:36 PM, OccamsRazor said:

It was a follow through so no penalty that is why.

This is exactly correct.  From the rule book...

60.1 High-sticking - A “high stick” is one which is carried above the height

of the opponent’s shoulders. Players must be in control and responsible for their stick. However, a player is permitted accidental contact on an opponent if the act is committed as a normal windup or follow through of a shooting motion, or accidental contact on the opposing center who is bent over during the course of a face-off. 

Well would you look at that.

Flyers made a mockery out of the Islander 3-1 series lead and tied it up sending this thing to a Game 7 where Philly SHOULD have the momentum, and anything really can happen.

And that anything includes the Islanders winning the series after all.
But if you are NY, you most definitely did NOT want to find yourself in this spot........Philly on the other hand, should be ecstatic that they were able to push this thing to the final game....and can now go for a win and a date with the Lightning in the East Finals...
An East Finals that, if it takes place, would be a rematch from the East Finals of 2004!

Does Barry Trotz have any other tricks up his sleeve for just such an occasion? If he does, expect him to empty them all out in Game 7.

I actually didn't watch this entire Game 6, so not sure, momentum wise what the teams were doing.
I still don't have a preference as to an opponent for the Lightning, but I'd be lying now if I said I maybe, perhaps, can push for the Flyers a bit due to their unpredicatable and exciting nature.....and it doesn't hurt I got a WHOLE BOARD full of Flyer fans I can trade trash talk with..... :bigteeth:

Game 7 gunna be gud!

• Good Post 2

Good win.  We showed some gumption.  That said, if we score an occasional power play, maybe we don't need overtime heroics.  

The team skated well.  Losing a two-goal lead is bothersome (second game in a row).  Boy, it was Suzuki last series, Barzal this series--quick shots in the danger zone, and we can't seem to contain it.  

Hart was fine.  Raffl is a good guy to have on board.  Laughton is core--a first rounder showing he was worth drafting. 

Food for thought--Oskar on for 17 mins; Ghost sitting out.  Hagg has three assists overall.

Edited by Howie58
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

An East Finals that, if it takes place, would be a rematch from the East Finals of 2004!

TFG:

I remember that series all too well.  It was a 7 game heroic effort.  Keith Primeau and Sami Kapanen almost carried us to victory.  I view that performance as the end of an era for the club.  It was pre-strike and probably the last physical, Old-Style Flyer club.  You could be very proud of that squad, even in defeat.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

TFG:

I remember that series all too well.  It was a 7 game heroic effort.  Keith Primeau and Sami Kapanen almost carried us to victory.  I view that performance as the end of an era for the club.  It was pre-strike and probably the last physical, Old-Style Flyer club.  You could be very proud of that squad, even in defeat.  

Definitely a rough n tumble series.
In fact, if I remember right, the teams traded wins and losses....the Bolts juts happened to take away the last one.

Classic contrasting of styles in that one.

• Like 1