Round 2: Flyers vs Islanders Thread

pilldoc

17 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow how did i overlook him...he basically outscored everyone to win the last series i have to put him in.

Damn...sorry JVR.

Giroux - Couturier - Aube-Kubel

Laughton - Hayes - Konecny

Farabee - Grant - Voracek

Raffl - Frost - Pitlick

Provorov - Niskanen

Sanheim - Myers

Ghost - Hagg

Hart

Elliott

I have the first line set up to try and G and Coots going but you could swap Jake and NAK if it looks like it isn't working.

Dagnaggit OR you thought like me before I could post it, (can't steal your thunder)except one player....

Against the isles:

Raffle/Coots/N.AK

(Raffle seems to up his game on the top line and plays rugged/Coots just "Knows"/ K.NAK scores nice off of Coots vision, plus he HITS)

Laughton/Hayes/Konecny

(They know they have to play better, and will make that effort)

Farabee/G/Jake

(The 3rd Line that might be the difference maker)

JVR/Grant/Pitlick

(Two heavy lifters and a guy that can deposit his paychecks per goal if handed to him)

Provy/Nisky

Sanheim/Myers

Ghost/Hagg

Hart

Moose

Edited by LegionOfDoom

22 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Ya Frost would be interesting, but I don't think "Interesting" is something we can afford after the series we just finished.

Unless JVR causes team to loose or injury happens.....

I could not possibly be more uninterested in something like I am uninterested in seeing JVR on the roster sheet to start game 1.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Dagnaggit OR you thought like me before I could post it, (can't steal your thunder)except one player....

Against the isles:

Raffle/Coots/N.AK

(Raffle seems to up his game on the top line and plays rugged/Coots just "Knows"/ K.NAK scores nice off of Coots vision, plus he HITS)

Laughton/Hayes/Konecny

(They know they have to play better, and will make that effort)

Farabee/G/Jake

(The 3rd Line that might be the difference maker)

JVR/Grant/Pitlick

(Two heavy lifters and a guy that can deposit his paychecks per goal if handed to him)

Provy/Nisky

Sanheim/Myers

Ghost/Hagg

Hart

Moose

Interesting.

Raffl on the top line with intentions of going against Barzal I imagine. Ok.

And Hayes line vs Nelson's line. Ok.

And Giroux centering the 3rd.

Not sure I'm crazy with him at center going against Pageau....and then he'll have a rookie and a floater in Jake on his wings.

I'm afraid Brassard and Komarov going against those two wings would be a mismatch especially when it comes to going into the corners. I think Trotz exploits that.

And I'd rather have Thompson and Grant on the 4th with Pitlick than JVR back in.

Anyways that is my 2 cents.

53 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Ya Frost would be interesting, but I don't think "Interesting" is something we can afford after the series we just finished.

Unless JVR causes team to loose or injury happens.....

First game of these series is where I would want to experiment...with the hopes of adding more skill and speed to the lineup.

And if Frost plays well maybe he moves up the lineup.

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Interesting.

Raffl on the top line with intentions of going against Barzal I imagine. Ok.

And Hayes line vs Nelson's line. Ok.

And Giroux centering the 3rd.

Not sure I'm crazy with him at center going against Pageau....and then he'll have a rookie and a floater in Jake on his wings.

I'm afraid Brassard and Komarov going against those two wings would be a mismatch especially when it comes to going into the corners. I think Trotz exploits that.

And I'd rather have Thompson and Grant on the 4th with Pitlick than JVR back in.

Anyways that is my 2 cents.

nak and tk do concern me with that size, i just hope they have that speed to go by those big wingers. that's a mismatch in my opinion.

Edited by tucson83

2 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

nak and tk do concern me with that size, i just hope they have that speed to go by those big wingers. that's a mismatch in my opinion.

Yeah TK size is concerning somewhat.

But I ain't worried about NAK, who besides Coots is the 2nd best physical, throw ya weight around forward on the team.

When the hammer swings down...

• Like 1

I know, I know not many fans of who I'm about to say, who I will bring up, but this, this is what I miss....Rinaldo! yes, yes I don't know of any fans east of the Mississippi, but he use to cause the opposition to rethink their life choices when going to the boards.

Imagine him and N.AK with Grant tapping peoples heads, tap tap tapperooo, just tap, tap, tappy it in...

The bookies have installed us as a favorite:  -134 at last glimpse.  This suggests it is our series to lose.  Containing Beavillier and Barzal is Job 1.  Our top line needs to produce.  I agree that Raffl is play driver and rugged--he should be moved up.  NAK should be in the top six.  

Thompson's face-off wins don't offset his metrics.  He doesn't score and drags down the rest of the squad's Corsi scores, actual and expected.  So...Grant....Pitlick?  

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

Oh, right, that guy

Yes that guy.

Seems you have water logged your brain with too much bourdon while you off

hopping and skipping through the woods pretending to be a Lost Boy this past weekend off the grid.

Nail any loose sheep....and by loose I mean away from the flock.

4 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Thompson's face-off wins don't offset his metrics.  He doesn't score and drags down the rest of the squad's Corsi scores, actual and expected.  So...Grant....Pitlick?  

He has more goals than the Captain, TK, Coots, and Ghost combined.  I know, I know...its only 1.  But still.

AV must like what he sees out of Thompson.  I trust AV's judgment.

On 8/22/2020 at 9:38 AM, SCFlyguy said:

The Islanders are very, very tough.  We might have the edge in goal and maybe on D, but they play Trotz' system to the T, which can make up for it.  They have the edge at forward and they play harder more consistently.   If I had to bet, I would guess Islanders in 6.  Hope to be wrong.

your D is no where as good as isles D.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

AV must like what he sees out of Thompson.  I trust AV's judgment.

Well, I hope the judgment pans out. This will be a tough series. We need to bottle up the the Isles' top line. 

14 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah TK size is concerning somewhat.

But I ain't worried about NAK, who besides Coots is the 2nd best physical, throw ya weight around forward on the team.

When the hammer swings down...

Fantastic band ...really underrated IMO

• Good Post 1

Dear 6lb 8oz baby Jesus, please let AV see the benefits of Ghost on the top PP unit.  Please let him go back and look at how Ghost, G, and Voracek worked so well together & that the PP could very well get G going again.  Please let him recognize how unpredictable Ghost is on the PP and that makes the entire PP harder to defend.  Above all, baby Jesus, please remember that you owe us one from the non offsides call.  You know the one I mean.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

Game day: What's everybody drinking?

Personally, I'm having whatever Gritty was imbibing:

https://www.nhl.com/news/short-shifts-gritty-visits-the-wrong-toronto/c-318709100?tid=281396148

Liquid Hero - Clarification used to be called Cloudification, but the guys accidentally filtered it and everyone said they liked it more so they had to change the name . Local guys in Taint, Pennsyltucky- they make good beers & have a cool little jawn going on. 

https://liquidhero.com/brews/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Liquid Hero - Clarification used to be called Cloudification, but the guys accidentally filtered it and everyone said they liked it more so

This basically describes most beer-making breakthroughs: some dude fukcs up and presto!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1