Round 2: Flyers vs Islanders Thread

pilldoc

17 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

not playing for sixty minutes is on giroux not the coach, that's why you have a captain on the ice, the coach cant play for them.

I’d like to see Giroux play for 6 minutes. 60 minutes from him seems like a dream.

Just now, trevluk said:

I’d like to see Giroux play for 6 minutes. 60 minutes from him seems like a dream.

The one thing that may really come back and haunt us is ,our third failed coaches challenge In this series, which resulted in a PP goal for the Isles. They we’re dominating had all the momentum from tying it up and you challenge and give them a PP ,  and they score, dumb move.

The Isles are just getting way too much time In our zone controlling the puck and the quality chances they keep getting is unbelievable. It’s also nice to have a game changer like Barzal, whos incredible skills make his linemates  better and he singlehandedly turns a game in their favor. We have no one even close to that.

2 minutes ago, Digityman said:

While it feels good, it does not look like Oskar is ready.   Frost, even at wing would have been a better option.   

Oskar has a little more experience. I think that was the reason for AV's decision, simple as that.

I think some people don't understand leadership.

If you're watching this Flyers team you're seeing it on display.  

"Much maligned Giroux" and "overrated Voracek" have been excellent the last 3 games. G is a point per game player when the team is facing elimination. That was a great pass to 21 for the equalizer. 

Kevin Hayes has been wonderful as well.  He is so smart and brought an edge tonight, great recognition on the Provorov goal. The best players have been the best players.

They  have fought their way back to even without their Selke candidate. 

Kindly STFU about the leaders   'cause you're showing a lack of understanding about the subject. 

K? Thx bye 

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

The one thing that may really come back and haunt us is ,our third failed coaches challenge In this series, which resulted in a PP goal for the Isles. They we’re dominating had all the momentum from tying it up and you challenge and give them a PP ,  and they score, dumb move.

AV has been outcoached most of this series. That's not a huge knock when your opponent has Trotz. But those challenges are just idiotic. I can't believe they haven't cost us the series.

Not that we deserve to win it. But Hart does.

• Like 3

It ain’t pretty, but it’s a win.  I know it’s been said, but finding a way to score on the PP would go a long way toward a win in game 7.  And someone please stop AV from challenging goals.  I saw a quote that said he didn’t see the second angle until after he challenged.  WTF?  Is that our replay guy’s fault?  Can’t wait for Saturday night.  

I dont agree with AV challenging, because he lost. But I understand it, given the way the team has played. The Islanders didnt need much to turn the momentum their way, and after watching his team squander leads,  he had no choice

Its amazing that the Flyers seem to control the first periods, then hang on for dear life the rest of the game.

But hey, props to them, they bend but dont break, and are finding a way to stay alive