Round 2: Flyers vs Islanders Thread

pilldoc

38 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

**** Claude Giroux. I've been his biggest defender for years, but I'm done. If you can't get your team focused for a Game 7 as captain, you don't deserve to be captain. I hope they shop the hell out of him. I've never been so disappointed as I am right now. To watch this team come out absolutely flat, and to continue to come out flat two series in a row is inexcusable. I got that it's been popular to bash ex gms and coaches (however, the hate for Haktard was well deserved), this doesn't fall on Vigneault. Everyone got a clean sheet with him and Claude completely **** the bed.  

I have been saying this for years now... except for “the shift” .. Giroux has done squat in post season play....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I have been saying this for years now... except for “the shift” .. Giroux has done squat in post season play....

He was never a captain. Was never even a center before the NHL.

Should have made him a Forsberg play making winger with an A.

He was the wrong choice at the wrong time. Should have let G be G and not expected him to be something he never was.

Been saying this for years.

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

I'm done. In the most important time and most important game of the year, he doesn't show up. Reading on HFBoards tonight and they were throwing Vigneault under a bus, yet they played THE SAME system during the regular season and they looked like champs. Every one of them should be embarrassed and Giroux needs to be held accountable for his playoff failure, yet again. He's the captain and he's the face of the franchise. It's time to face the heat and it's time to plead your case why you should remain in Philadelphia.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Tell us more about the brisket and pork belly burnt ends!

OMG... some of the BBQ I have done. I absolutely love my Traeger. 
started the Brisket at 4 am served  at 5:30 pm.

Pork Belly started at 12 noon and served at 5:30 pm

used a combo of Mesquite and Oak pellets.

#meatchurch bbq rubs

#kosmos smokehouse reserve blend brisket injection 

#butchers bbq brisket mop

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'm done. In the most important time and most important game of the year, he doesn't show up. Reading on HFBoards tonight and they were throwing Vigneault under a bus, yet they played THE SAME system during the regular season and they looked like champs. Every one of them should be embarrassed and Giroux needs to be held accountable for his playoff failure, yet again. He's the captain and he's the face of the franchise. It's time to face the heat and it's time to plead your case why you should remain in Philadelphia.

yeah they are always sticking up for the players and blaming the coach, im surprised they didnt eat crow when berube won a cup with st.louis like these fans on that board so closed minded that's it's always the coaches and not the players. berube winning a cup with st.louis proved the fact it is the players.

27 minutes ago, musky said:

Not even clicking on that.

Congratulations.

The better team won. Good luck going forward.

I hope if anything positive for my Flyers comes of this is change. It's long past due. I hope Chuckles has the balls to do it.

18 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

yeah they are always sticking up for the players and blaming the coach, im surprised they didnt eat crow when berube won a cup with st.louis like these fans on that board so closed minded that's it's always the coaches and not the players. berube winning a cup with st.louis proved the fact it is the players.

Agreed. We have some good players, but it's time to cut bait on others. Right now, the core of this team should be: Hart, Provorov, Sanheim, Meyers, Laughton, Farabee, Lindblom, NAK, Koncency, Hayes, Couturier. We need to see if Patrick comes back healthy and cleared of his migraine issues first and Frost needs regular playing time before considering them core. After that, all bets are off. Shop the hell out of Claude, Jake and JVR and see what the results net. It's clear that this club needs a Keith Primeau type to be the leader. No more of the "silent, but strong." A vocal and commandeering leader is needed. 

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

I do feel good that TK has as many goals as i do....maybe i should learn to skate now and make about 6 mill a year...talk about a bum.

Edited by OccamsRazor
Trust The Bourbon didn't work....no heart left in the team

50 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

OMG... some of the BBQ I have done. I absolutely love my Traeger. 
started the Brisket at 4 am served  at 5:30 pm.

Pork Belly started at 12 noon and served at 5:30 pm

used a combo of Mesquite and Oak pellets.

#meatchurch bbq rubs

#kosmos smokehouse reserve blend brisket injection 

#butchers bbq brisket mop

Big fan of the kosmo's rubs. 

We used Dirty Bird on everything, especially eggs. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Right now, the core of this team should be: Hart, Provorov, Sanheim, Meyers, Laughton, Farabee, Lindblom, NAK, Koncency, Hayes, Couturier.

I think a lot can be learned from these Islanders....look how far they have came once hey shipped Tavares off.

So Flyer fans let's not be afraid to say goodbye to your Captain...look at the Islanders two years later...better off without him.

Think about that for a minute and stop looking at just stats...stop being a b!tch and chop off the arm to save the body.

Can you???? Will you???

• Like 2

You have to be kidding me. That was the effort in a game 7? I actually fast forwarded through the entire game. I paused for the fight where Laughton never never threw a punch. Yeah, good job there. You cant even do that right. A little too late and not a damned bit effective.

Good thing is I can turn off sports now and not bother watching.  Technology's a wonderful thing. It may make sports obsolete. You can just FFWD the game and save yourself the heartbreak and emotional connection that was once there.

I hope they make major changes. Its obvious the coach, goalie and defense are good, bit the offense is an embarassment and the so called captain is a joke. I wont hold my breath though.

I was having a fantasy football draft tonight at my house. Im glad i didnt bother tuning in to the game, or having people stick around for this turd of a spectacle. The draft was more fun and at least there I have a legit shot ay winning

See you all whenever the next season starts, not that i really care 

Some anger here tonite, the Flyers were beaten by a better deeper team that is playing with a ton of confidence. 

They will give Tampa all they can handle, if not win outright. 

There is no way to objectively look at this season and call it a failure. 

10 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

It feels like it to me. Is he perfect no far from it. He certainly has his flaws...like coaches challenges he needs to work on.

And it seems designing a power play that is affective!!!! A work in progress on it all it seems...and i may be forgetting something.

isnt Yeo in charge of the PP?

Does he get fired? I cant think of single reason why you would keep him?

13 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Some anger here tonite, the Flyers were beaten by a better deeper team that is playing with a ton of confidence. 

They will give Tampa all they can handle, if not win outright. 

There is no way to objectively look at this season and call it a failure. 

Failure or not, I'm mostly just looking at what went wrong and how that can be fixed. Only one team wins the cup every year after all.

That said, a lot went wrong. The Flyers weren't just beaten, they were outclassed by a significant margin. The series made it to seven on the backs of better goaltending for the O&B, and that's about it. Even against Montreal, the 24th ranked team in the league, the Flyers could barely muster a half dozen shots on goal. They could have very easily lost that series and never even made it to the Isles in the first place.

So yeah, they were beaten by a better deeper team... by a lot. So how does Fletch improve the team in a way where this type of showing doesn't happen again next year? Can he, or is there just too much of a gulf between this iteration of the Flyers and true cup contenders? What do they have that we don't? 

These are the good questions to ask, and I do think we're asking them.

Edited by elmatus
  • Like 3
  • Good Post 1

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think a lot can be learned from these Islanders....look how far they have came once hey shipped Tavares off.

So Flyer fans let's not be afraid to say goodbye to your Captain...look at the Islanders two years later...better off without him.

Think about that for a minute and stop looking at just stats...stop being a b!tch and chop off the arm to save the body.

Can you???? Will you???

I know I may be crucified for saying this but, as much as we want to shop Giroux, Jake and JVR, do we really think anyone wants trade for these past their prime overpaid players? Realistically what is the best you can get for them , no one is giving up a blue chip prospect for those underachievers. At best ,we get a first round pick for Jake , and hope JVR is taken in the expansion draft and we will be stuck with Giroux. 

So , if you want to change things up and add some skill , and get multiple assets in return, it’s gonna cost you something good.  Hayes and Coots are similar style players, do we really need two slow skating defensive centers?  The most marketable player we have is Coots and he is up for a big contract. So that may be an option, because we are not getting much of anything for JVR and Jake and I don’t know if G will accept a trade. If we got two first rounders for Schenn, we can get a huge return for Coots. I love the guy and he is a great player, but he will get the biggest return in a trade.

4 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I know I may be crucified for saying this but, as much as we want to shop Giroux, Jake and JVR, do we really think anyone wants trade for these past their prime overpaid players?

Let me think about this and i will try to answer tomorrow.

Sorry i am just a little too pissed right now to answer right now i think i just need to put my head in my pillow and scream for awhile.......