Round 2: Flyers vs Islanders Thread

pilldoc

9 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I know I may be crucified for saying this but, as much as we want to shop Giroux, Jake and JVR, do we really think anyone wants trade for these past their prime overpaid players?

There will always be takers. There's always someone who's willing to take that chance. I'm certain you put those three on the market and there will be teams lining up for their services. They no longer fill the required need here and it's time to send them elsewhere. If the Flyers want to break with the past, those are the three that represent it. It's time to move on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

There will always be takers. There's always someone who's willing to take that chance. I'm certain you put those three on the market and there will be teams lining up for their services. They no longer fill the required need here and it's time to send them elsewhere. If the Flyers want to break with the past, those are the three that represent it. It's time to move on.

In the pre salary cap NHL days , yes, in today’s NHL, no way. Not many teams have 8 or 9 million to spare under their cap and no one is lining up for these guys. In the old days , right before the trade deadline there would be bidding wars for veteran players and you could clean up. That doesn’t happen any more. These guys are in their thirties and make a ton of $ , if we were able to unload any of them , we might have to take on a stiff with a 3 or 4 million $$ contract from that team. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I’d consider holding onto Jake since he was the only one of those three that played with some heart and grit in the playoffs. Giroux should have been dealt when we could have gotten something good for him but I’d take a warm

beer for him at this point I’m so disgusted with his effort. JVR never has and never will be an elite player, no idea why the flyers wanted him back. I don’t think we will get anything but a low draft pick for him.

• Good Post 1

11 hours ago, Digityman said:

In like a lion, out like a lamb.  They achieved what was expected this season considering losing Lindblom and Patrick for the whole year.  A few tweaks and they are back again next year hopefully taking another step.   

Now what do I do with my time....

Although I agree whole heartidly with your statement and "take" on our season....

I still have a VERY hard time swallowing a loss LIKE THAT. Again, there are ways too loose.....That was abysmal.

SOMETHING has to change. And as other's are saying....tie to stop blaming the coaches/GMs/etc.

Someone get a GIANT mirror for the dressing room....

Your goalie keep flyers in the series ,a varly the isles goalie let a few soft ones in last 2 games,But at least the flyers have a great goalie to build around for the future.

All in good fun

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47esojlq3zyiln7a7j9n

Edited by musky
  • Like 1

Couple things on my mind as I swallow the end of this season....

1) Hart was the shining light in all of this. Amazing for a 21 YO.His composure is UNREAL. I'm so excited he is on our team! It's literally a pleasure to watch him play goal!

2) Lindblom was a terrific story and if he doesn't win the Masterson I'll eat my shoe. The whole thing...laces and all.

3) Speaking of Lindblom. I do not mean to come off as a "jerk" here (probably too late), but Lidblom was diagnosed with cancer, went through HELL which is refereed to by doctors as "treatment", and was back n the ice in approx 9 months!!!....... Patrick has been out for like 2 years with a headache. If I were Patrick, I would not be able to look Linblom in the eyes.....

I'm Probably HORRIBLY ignorant on the topic so someone (Pilldoc??) wanna educate me on this?!!?

It's ****** 2020! We can cure Ewings Sarcoma but can't figure out "Headaches?!"........😕

(EDIT: just to be clear, I'm not saying Patrick is "faking" or that migraines aren't a real thing....just honestly amazed that we do not have a solution for this "aliment"....)

Edited by MaineFlyFan
  • Good Post 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, elmatus said:

I mean, I can think of at least 5x2 reasons? Yeo isn't the one on the ice after all.

But is he the one who decides who is?

I mean, Grant on the PP? Who made that decision?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Couple things on my mind as I swallow the end of this season....

1) Hart was the shining light in all of this. Amazing for a 21 YO.His composure is UNREAL. I'm so excited he is on our team! It's literally a pleasure to watch him play goal!

2) Lindblom was a terrific story and if he doesn't win the Masterson I'll eat my shoe. The whole thing...laces and all.

3) Speaking of Lindblom. I do not mean to come off as a "jerk" here (probably too late), but Lidblom was diagnosed with cancer, went through HELL which is refereed to by doctors as "treatment", and was back n the ice in approx 9 months!!!....... Patrick has been out for like 2 years with a headache. If I were Patrick, I would not be able to look Linblom in the eyes.....

I'm Probably HORRIBLY ignorant on the topic so someone (Pilldoc??) wanna educate me on this?!!?

It's ****** 2020! We can cure Ewings Sarcoma but can't figure out "Headaches?!"........😕

(EDIT: just to be clear, I'm not saying Patrick is "faking" or that migraines aren't a real thing....just honestly amazed that we do not have a solution for this "aliment"....)

As someone who suffers from chronic migraines, it's not as simple as you make it out to be with regards to finding a solution or cure. There is no cure for migraines and if you ever knew the pain of a real migraine, you'd be thinking different. 

I don't know how bad the migraines are that Patrick gets, but I can tell you with mine, the pain is so bad that I vomit, lost my eyesight and then pass out. No amount of medicating fixes it. 

I have had all sorts of different treatments. I've had different diet changes. I've been placed in different environments that have tried to replicate different humidity and barometric pressures. I've had numerous cat scans and MRIs. I've had numerous allergy tests done. I've had numerous acupuncture procedures. I've had different glasses prescriptions complete with different levels of tinting. I've had numerous medications. There's just no cure. 

The only thing that I've been successful with is being able to identify when a migraine is about to happen and being prepared for it. I've found that THC is the best component so far in helping manage the migraines. I smoke and then I go to sleep for a few hours. 

Eventually Patrick will get sorted out and he'll find a regimen that works for him. With every single chronic migraine sufferer, there is no common solution to correct it. You eventually find a way to manage them. That's about it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CoachX said:

isnt Yeo in charge of the PP?

No that would be Therrien. And needs to be shown the door. See if Briere would want the job now that was a creative guy on the PP.

If not him please find someone to show these unoriginal bastards how to play the game they seem to have forgot..

11 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

as much as we want to shop Giroux, Jake and JVR, do we really think anyone wants trade for these past their prime overpaid players? Realistically what is the best you can get for them , no one is giving up a blue chip prospect for those underachievers.

I can't really say but it's hard to believe only the Flyer brass are sold on these guys having some use. They need to reach and find if there is any and exploit it....this team needs a shake up...after what i have seen take place this playoff run especially from their Captain.

It's time to raise the bar of expectations...you finally have a great young goalie please don't waste him.

Build the team around him like would a good young QB in the NFL. Go out find the guys through free agency and the draft.

Stop accepting mediocrity from anyone on the team and the Captain especially.

If it wasn't for Hart they wouldn't have even made it out the first round.

It won't be easy but nothing ever worth having ever is...and you don't have to move everyone who underachieved (because good lord it would be a complete over haul almost) but you need to move a few and let a few walk.

It's what Chuckles gets paid for...now he has to pull up his sleeves and get his hands dirty. But he has a lot of assets to work with.

2 hours ago, musky said:

Your goalie keep flyers in the series

You're absolutely are right. So if i may ask what we're you thoughts on out Captain's performance??

Also i was very impressed with your team.

Hands down the best Islander team i have ever seen play. I didn't start watching till the early 90's.

I'm am not bitter about being beat by a better team you guys are certainly better off without Tavares.

However i am pissed out the performance of my team's big money guys...the Isles took them behind the woodshed in that game 7.

Good luck moving forward. Tampa looks like a very worthy opponent.

2 hours ago, MaineFlyFan said:

If I were Patrick, I would not be able to look Linblom in the eyes.....

Alright i thought about it and that was mean so i will change my post.

I just hope Patrick can get it figured out it sure would have been nice to have him for the playoffs.

I hope he will be able to play next season. I want him and Frost in and the old guys out.

Edited by OccamsRazor

31 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I've found that THC is the best component so far in helping manage the migraines.

Sorry to hear about your issues.

That stuff has some amazing medicinal purposes for sure, there is a reason why they have been using it for over 2,000+ years...and why the native americans used it and still use it....and it is ashame that they won't let athletes or even common people use it today but would prefer to shove a pill down someone throat. Not trying to derail this thread i hope Patrick finds a way to figure it out. 

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Our goaile varly was great against the caps ,he faltered on a few games against the flyers,iv noticed the team that forchecks the hardest was going to win this series,if the dmen were reaching or flat footed that team lost,God please help our power play it,s just horrible the isles play way to much with the puck.

You're absolutely are right. So if i may ask what we're you thoughts on out Captain's performance??

Also i was very impressed with your team.

Hands down the best Islander team i have ever seen play. I didn't start watching till the early 90's.

I'm am not bitter about being beat by a better team you guys are certainly better off without Tavares.

However i am pissed out the performance of my team's big money guys...the Isles took them behind the woodshed in that game 7.

Good luck moving forward. Tampa looks like a very worthy opponent.

12 minutes ago, musky said:

iv noticed the team that forchecks the hardest was going to win this series,if the dmen were reaching or flat footed that team lost

Yes. The Flyers got beat to a lot of loose pucks and that was the same vs. Montreal and Trotz found the weakness which many of us all saw....and he exposed the Flyers with his game plan.

Flyers have a lot of guys who just didn't want to pay the price for those puck battles due to not wanting the physical stuff. Most of those guys are in the top 6.

Plain an simple you have to want the puck at any cost more than the other team and the Flyers big guns were scared of that type of play.

It needs to change for next year or it's more of the same.....JVR and Jake i know for sure need to go.

I would hope Giroux would be shipped out to but he won't he gets the pass as always...and TK was an anomaly this year with his disaster of a playoff performance.

It's going to be interesting to see how you guys play vs Tampa.

Their top 6 is very very good unlike the Flyers.

Palat, Point and Kucherov is easily one of the nest top lines in the NHL.

Then you have Killorn Cirelli and Johnson on the second should be a helluva series.

And their bottom 6 can score as well. And then lock down in goal.

3 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

As someone who suffers from chronic migraines, it's not as simple as you make it out to be with regards to finding a solution or cure. There is no cure for migraines and if you ever knew the pain of a real migraine, you'd be thinking different. 

I don't know how bad the migraines are that Patrick gets, but I can tell you with mine, the pain is so bad that I vomit, lost my eyesight and then pass out. No amount of medicating fixes it. 

I have had all sorts of different treatments. I've had different diet changes. I've been placed in different environments that have tried to replicate different humidity and barometric pressures. I've had numerous cat scans and MRIs. I've had numerous allergy tests done. I've had numerous acupuncture procedures. I've had different glasses prescriptions complete with different levels of tinting. I've had numerous medications. There's just no cure. 

The only thing that I've been successful with is being able to identify when a migraine is about to happen and being prepared for it. I've found that THC is the best component so far in helping manage the migraines. I smoke and then I go to sleep for a few hours. 

Eventually Patrick will get sorted out and he'll find a regimen that works for him. With every single chronic migraine sufferer, there is no common solution to correct it. You eventually find a way to manage them. That's about it. 

That sounds horrible! And there is no "pattern" or "circumstances" that induce them? Yikes! That sucks man, I'm very sorry.

I guess I always thought that perhaps he could "play around" the episodes but can't have a guy developing a BLINDING headache in the middle of a dog fight!

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Uh was that a typo and you forget to add a comment?? Scratching my head....

...never mind i seen it was in the top of the quote bubble.

captain i thought you said capitals  lol.

6 hours ago, tucson83 said:

if they strip the c or trade giroux, you think kevin hayes would be a good candidate for captain since he would listen to av and has good relationship with his players?

No. He's a slow, overrated player who cannot lead by example.