Round 2: Flyers vs Islanders Thread

pilldoc

Agree guys, we NEED Ghosts creativity on the top pp to open up those passing lanes AND get a heavier shot from the point. Varley lets out some nice rebounds...hard accurate shots from the point will matter. If the big guns don't get it done, things will not turn out the same as the Habs ...give Frost a chance and see if he can generate chances. Islanders don't scare me, not dismissing them, but Flyers in 5 or 6 if all play up to expectations. We also need Sanhiem and Myers to continue to contribute offense and make smart offensive zone entries!!

i think it's a such an uphill climb to get to the finals and win the cup and we just dont have talent to do it, im talking about jake, jvr, giroux, i think we all have to be realistic that these players will not get us to the cup and we need better players because we changed coaches like we changed our socks with this core and it's still the same problems. we need a a major change in leadership and relying rookies isnt good enough, you need great players to step up and it isnt these guys.

Edited by tucson83
  • Like 2

Giroux, Coots, Konecny  and JVR have done nothing. As some other have suggested, maybe we try Frost for a game and see if he sparks the PP and adds some much needed offensive  creativity. Bench Thompson and put in Frost. I would also move Giroux to the other wing for the PP. How hard is it to scout our PP and shut it down knowing it all starts with Giroux on the left side and has been that way forever, it’s so predictable. Put Giroux on the right side and see if he can create a few sneaky Danny Briere style goals. I also don’t know why we benched Haag,  when he blocked a ton of shots and did some heavy hitting. He is the only guy who can stand up to Martin and some of the other big players the Isles have.

I've had it with Giroux.  Done.  You can't even make the argument that he contributes.  in 79 playoff games he's a career +4.  This year he has FOUR hits in 9 games.  The only players he has more hits than are Ghost and Bunnaman (who have both played 5 less games).  There are no intangibles you bring when 9 games into the playoffs and not only do you not have a goal, but not even a sniff of a goal.  

You simply cannot win in the playoffs when your captain and team scoring leaders are a no show.

It's time for AV to sit G. Put Frost in the lineup.  Heck, JVR will give you the same production.

Tonights game?  Coots was horrendous.  The 3rd goal was completely on him.  His job is to cover net front when both D men are behind the net.  He was also uncharacteristically turning the puck over left and right.

There's part of me that thinks some of these guys just want to get out of the bubble and go home to their families.

Edited by eleven24
  • Like 2

Well ...that sucked. I have learnt over time to not overreact to one game...keep the overall context in mind. Cant help but wonder...how many Cup winners have lost 2 games by a combined 9-0 score in a single playoff week. 

I'm also DONE with Giroux. Useless. Bench him and bring in somebody hungry. Vorachek non existent..Cooter nullified EASILY on offense. SMH!!!

• Like 1

I don't see this as a defensive implosion as much as an offensive self-destruction.  Yes--our top line isn't generating any offense and this is a carryover from the last series.  We need a Suzuki or two.  As I've said before, we are just too "North-South."   Hart was fine-these were tough goals to stop.  

If this continues, our GM is going to have some tough choice ahead.  He has some very well paid players who are either past their prime or ineffective.  

3 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Well ...that sucked. I have learnt over time to not overreact to one game...keep the overall context in mind. Cant help but wonder...how many Cup winners have lost 2 games by a combined 9-0 score in a single playoff week. 

I'm also DONE with Giroux. Useless. Bench him and bring in somebody hungry. Vorachek non existent..Cooter nullified EASILY on offense. SMH!!!

What scares me is , we had a hard time getting the offense going against Montreal and it’s still happening now. The Isles out hit us big time and won all the battles on the boards, if we don’t have the offensive skill and finesse to beat them , then there is no way we are gonna win a physical battle against them. From the looks of it , our so called skilled players are showing very little skill. I hate seeing the Flyers get manhandled, we always were a big tough, slow team that was in need of some skill, now we are a smaller team , that gets pushed around and still is in need of some skill and some toughness.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I don't see this as a defensive implosion as much as an offensive self-destruction.  Yes--our top line isn't generating any offense and this is a carryover from the last series.  We need a Suzuki or two.  As I've said before, we are just too "North-South."   Hart was fine-these were tough goals to stop.  

If this continues, our GM is going to have some tough choice ahead.  He has some very well paid players who are either past their prime or ineffective.  

Ghost for Suzuki

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Ghost for Suzuki

RJ:

That's an interesting thought. My gut says he stays until next year's trade deadline.  He might even be an unprotected player as salary dump and potential reclamation by Kraken.  

Someone please for the love of God tell me why Frost can't crack this damn lineup?

What is the worse that can happen they lose 5 or 6 to 0?

Who gives a f**k try to find someone who can generate and sustain some offense!

This sad top 6 can't score and if it was for the bottom 6 and Hart they would already be home.

Edited by OccamsRazor
Trust The Bourbon!!!!
  • Like 4