Round 2: Flyers vs Islanders Thread

pilldoc

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm out of bourbon.

I need to run by the liquor store, so i can't announce my drink of choice yet for tonight's game but i will when i have said beverage in grasp...however you can bet it will be bourbon...

...so what is everyone else's drink of choice???

Trust The Bourbon

Arsenic

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

May i recommend at least a chaser...

Formaldayhyde .. :cheers:

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:
  3 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Arsenic

Believe it or not we actually use that!  Sometimes we give arsenic trioxide intravenously (by IV) to treat a type of blood cancer called acute promyelocytic leukemia.  For those that wanted to know. :VeryCool:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

For those that wanted to know.

We just ran a bunch of test on our blow fill seal machines so we are ready once the covid-19 vacince batches are approved so we can move forward with producing it.

But we are being investigated now since the company who owns us is actually located in Wuhan, China (Humanwell Pharmaceuticals) .

The picture in this article is my place of business...now it's a pay for site but you can read the first few lines for free...

https://www.postandcourier.com/business/national-security-experts-worried-over-sc-pharmaceutical-companys-ties-to-china/article_cb168b46-c69e-11ea-a841-43d1318923b4.html

I know you have heard of Nephron they are actually our main competition and are only 20 miles away from where i work here in South Carolina

https://www.wral.com/pentagon-warns-china-is-exploiting-the-coronavirus-pandemic-to-wage-economic-warfare-on-the-us/19147491/

Whatcha think about that.....

• Like 1

PROJECTED LINEUPS (primary Game 2 lines, subject to change)

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux- 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jake Voracek
49 Joel Farabee - 13 Kevin Hayes - 11 Travis Konecny
25 James van Riemsdyk - 38 Derek Grant - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel
12 Michael Raffl - 44 Nate Thompson - 18 Tyler Pitlick

9 Ivan Provorov - 15 Matt Niskanen
6 Travis Sanheim - 5 Phil Myers
8 Robert Hagg - 61 Justin Braun

79 Carter Hart
[37 Brian Elliott]

ISLANDERS
27 Anders Lee - 13 Mathew Barzal - 7 Jordan Eberle
18 Anthony Beauvillier - 29 Brock Nelson - 12 Josh Bailey
32 Ross Johnston - 44 Jean-Gabriel Pageau - 47 Leo Komarov
17 Matt Martin - 53 Casey Cizikas - 15 Cal Clutterbuck

3 Adam Pelech - 6 Ryan Pulock
25 Devon Toews - 24 Scott Mayfield
2 Nick Leddy - 4 Andy Greene
55 Johnny Boychuk ???

40 Semyon Varlamov
[1 Thomas Greiss]

19 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I know you have heard of Nephron they are actually our main competition and are only 20 miles away from where i work here in South Carolina

yup ...we actually use some of Nephron's  products .....

1485403341_nephron2.jpg.5037cea3164197a7e430cd9314fa07e0.jpg  nephron.jpg.2a82c79d905fbeff97fccfe170cce250.jpg

25 minutes ago, intheslot said:

PROJECTED LINEUPS (primary Game 2 lines, subject to change)

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux- 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jake Voracek
49 Joel Farabee - 13 Kevin Hayes - 11 Travis Konecny
25 James van Riemsdyk - 38 Derek Grant - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel
12 Michael Raffl - 44 Nate Thompson - 18 Tyler Pitlick

9 Ivan Provorov - 15 Matt Niskanen
6 Travis Sanheim - 5 Phil Myers
8 Robert Hagg - 61 Justin Braun

79 Carter Hart
[37 Brian Elliott]

ISLANDERS
27 Anders Lee - 13 Mathew Barzal - 7 Jordan Eberle
18 Anthony Beauvillier - 29 Brock Nelson - 12 Josh Bailey
32 Ross Johnston - 44 Jean-Gabriel Pageau - 47 Leo Komarov
17 Matt Martin - 53 Casey Cizikas - 15 Cal Clutterbuck

3 Adam Pelech - 6 Ryan Pulock
25 Devon Toews - 24 Scott Mayfield
2 Nick Leddy - 4 Andy Greene
55 Johnny Boychuk ???

40 Semyon Varlamov
[1 Thomas Greiss]

Ok ....getting this thread back on topic ....

I have had more pleasant thoughts than seeing JVR inserted into the line-up.    (sigh)

2 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

yup ...we actually use some of Nephron's  products .....

1485403341_nephron2.jpg.5037cea3164197a7e430cd9314fa07e0.jpg  nephron.jpg.2a82c79d905fbeff97fccfe170cce250.jpg

Yeah my company Rite Dose use to manufacture products for Nephron but years back a few of our employees quit and stole a lot of our manufacturing secrets and sold them to Nephron in return for jobs with them. So it severed the relationship.

I have friends who work for them it is owned by an evil with name Lou Kennedy....she married the billionaire who actually owned it.

She has literally been so mad at one employee that she has a few times just came in and fired everyone one in the whole department.

My buddy told me she recently came in and fired the whole microbiology department.

My front office and management is nowhere like that. So use Rite Dose products not Nephron!!!! 

Cheers! 

6 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Ok ....getting this thread back on topic ....

I have had more pleasant thoughts than seeing JVR inserted into the line-up.    (sigh)

Yeah i can't figure out what AV is going for here.

Unless he is just thinking maybe i can get this guy scoring...because they sure need all the goals they can get.

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

Ok, maybe this year it’s mental, but his career playoff performances have not been good at all and his regular season numbers have been declining too. 

@OccamsRazor

Guy's 32 been playing in the league since he was 22, he's not big, I think there is a "mileage" factor. In the NBA when a player hits 1100 games their play declines...I wonder if this is happening with Giroux? He might not be a top line guy anymore, that could be true.

I don't think he should be absolved from criticism, I do think those who are questioning his effort and desire are high and would like for marijuana to be legal in my state too. 

I think there are 2 things contributing to much of this criticism; he makes a big salary that he signed when he was top 10/15 in the league. His compensation was commensurate with his performance.  Also, there was that time he was day drinking and grabbed the cop's ass.  That caused about 1/2 the fan base to turn on him because, he might be a "light running homosexual".  

Those are 2 things that have zero to do with what actually happens on the ice but shade everyone's opinion of him.

I would like to posit this.

It could very well be we are witness to his physical decline, he has not been effective nor dominant as he was as a younger man.

The reason the team bounces back is because of leadership. Of which he plays a large role.

There would have been zero reason to watch this team over the last 8 years were he not on it.

They were objectively a bad team for much of the teens. Wasting his prime years on rebuilds.

2 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Also, there was that time he was day drinking and grabbed the cop's ass.

Who am I to judge? I have done this to myself

3 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

There would have been zero reason to watch this team over the last 8 years were he not on it

We still watched when Mike York and Billy Tibbetts were here. I can't agree with this statement

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@OccamsRazor

Guy's 32 been playing in the league since he was 22, he's not big, I think there is a "mileage" factor. In the NBA when a player hits 1100 games their play declines...I wonder if this is happening with Giroux? He might not be a top line guy anymore, that could be true.

I don't think he should be absolved from criticism, I do think those who are questioning his effort and desire are high and would like for marijuana to be legal in my state too. 

I think there are 2 things contributing to much of this criticism; he makes a big salary that he signed when he was top 10/15 in the league. His compensation was commensurate with his performance.  Also, there was that time he was day drinking and grabbed the cop's ass.  That caused about 1/2 the fan base to turn on him because, he might be a "light running homosexual".  

Those are 2 things that have zero to do with what actually happens on the ice but shade everyone's opinion of him.

I would like to posit this.

It could very well be we are witness to his physical decline, he has not been effective nor dominant as he was as a younger man.

The reason the team bounces back is because of leadership. Of which he plays a large role.

There would have been zero reason to watch this team over the last 8 years were he not on it.

They were objectively a bad team for much of the teens. Wasting his prime years on rebuilds.

Sure maybe you missed my post on the previous page but he missed his son's first birthday party and i can't/won't speak anyone else but for myself and being a dad that has to be hard. So as i said i am going to back up off of Giroux and give him a break.

I am just going to wish he keeps fighting with his teammates. They need him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CoachX said:

We still watched when Mike York and Billy Tibbetts were here. I can't agree with this statement

LOL

Those guys weren't the main guy though.

I can't even remember Billy Tibbets I know he was an awful person, when did he play? 

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Oh i agree, in fact you will find comments on the thread in the shoutbox where i joked he already has....he just has yet to announced to us all like Rask manned up and did.

Because G knows if he ever does he will lose the fans in Philly..........right or wrong. Just the facts. However i truly am rooting for Giroux to keep up his work and maybe he will completely snap out of this.

I don't mean to always beat on G, because until the past month I've always seen him in a positive way.  Even if he's struggling without his family in the bubble, which is perfectly understandable, consider these stats:

From the 2012-13 playoffs through yesterday (8 seasons) 

• games played: 30
  • plus/minus: -9 (51st out of 51 players)
  • goals: 3 ( 1g every 10 games )
  • assists: 12 ( 1a every 2.5 games )
  • hits: 32 ( 1 per game )
  • sog: 61 ( 2 per game )
  • ice time avg: 18:48/gm

But let's compare that to his playoff performance from the start of his career through in 2005-06 through the 2011-12 playoffs (7 seasons)

• games played: 50
  • plus/minus: +13 ( 1st out of 60 players )
  • goals: 21 ( 1g every 2.4 games )
  • assists: 34 ( 1a every 1.4 games )
  • hits: 66 ( 1.3 per game )
  • sog: 113 ( 2.2 per game )
  • ice time avg: 19:55/gm

I think it's a large enough sample size comparison to come to the conclusion that this may just be who Giroux is now.  He'll throw a hit per game, score once every 10 games (which means he's due today) and tack on an assist every 2.5 games.

1 minute ago, eleven24 said:

I don't mean to always beat on G, because until the past month I've always seen him in a positive way.  Even if he's struggling without his family in the bubble, which is perfectly understandable, consider these stats:

From the 2012-13 playoffs through yesterday (8 seasons) 

• games played: 30
  • plus/minus: -9 (51st out of 51 players)
  • goals: 3 ( 1g every 10 games )
  • assists: 12 ( 1a every 2.5 games )
  • hits: 32 ( 1 per game )
  • sog: 61 ( 2 per game )
  • ice time avg: 18:48/gm

But let's compare that to his playoff performance from the start of his career through in 2005-06 through the 2011-12 playoffs (7 seasons)

• games played: 50
  • plus/minus: +13 ( 1st out of 60 players )
  • goals: 21 ( 1g every 2.4 games )
  • assists: 34 ( 1a every 1.4 games )
  • hits: 66 ( 1.3 per game )
  • sog: 113 ( 2.2 per game )
  • ice time avg: 19:55/gm

I think it's a large enough sample size comparison to come to the conclusion that this may just be who Giroux is now.  He'll throw a hit per game, score once every 10 games (which means he's due today) and tack on an assist every 2.5 games.

I still see a guy who cares. He can win faceoffs, can skate still, and can make plays. I don't see a guy taking shifts off like you see with guys like JVR. He's trying.

• Like 2

Just now, Podein25 said:

I still see a guy who cares. He can win faceoffs, can skate still, and can make plays. I don't see a guy taking shifts off like you see with guys like JVR. He's trying.

I'm not doubting AT ALL that Giroux cares and is trying.  I care and I'd try too, but I'd be hurting the team if I were on the ice.

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure maybe you missed my post on the previous page but he missed his son's first birthday party and i can't/won't speak anyone else but for myself and being a dad that has to be hard. So as i said i am going to back up off of Giroux and give him a break.

I am just going to wish he keeps fighting with his teammates. They need him.

I didn't see this.

I missed my 20th anniversary and several teen-girl mojo birthdays because of work. not good times.