Round 2: Flyers vs Islanders Thread

pilldoc

1 minute ago, Podein25 said:

Excuse me?

yeah man, it's where I live until I emigrate to the great white north- eh?

The taint of Pennsyltucky- otherwise known as York, PA. 

I kid, York has a good mayor and some cool things going on, we are a pretty blue collar town though, don't look at us and definitely don't talk to us unless you're ready to throw down. Then after 5 years maybe we'll say hi to you.

Just now, mojo1917 said:

yeah man, it's where I live until I emigrate to the great white north- eh?

The taint of Pennsyltucky- otherwise known as York, PA. 

I kid, York has a good mayor and some cool things going on, we are a pretty blue collar town though, don't look at us and definitely don't talk to us unless you're ready to throw down. Then after 5 years maybe we'll say hi to you.

You gotta get your arse up here man. What can I do to help? I know some lawyers lol

• Like 1

IMG_1857.jpg.9271332bfdadf1cfb8c37be9e23ab679.jpg

at first i thought i'd be labeled petty and bitter for posting this, but then i remembered my near-35 years of suffering and if some asshole Islanders fan scratches my car up here in NYC I will dedicate my remaining 100 years on earth to putting an ancient Chinese Pox on the franchise.

• Haha 2
  • Good Post 1

3 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

at first i thought i'd be labeled petty and bitter for posting this, but then i remembered my near-35 years of suffering and if some asshole Islanders fan scratches my car up here in NYC I will dedicate my remaining 100 years on earth to putting an ancient Chinese Pox on the franchise.

Lucky for me I guess I wasn't following the Flyers then...but I am still mad for my fellow fans who had to suffer through that...

1 hour ago, mkscrewy said:

It was like 400 feet offside.

2 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

What is the killer part of that non-call is that the Flyers would've likely won game 6 and then headed home to the Spectrum for game 7.  There's no way they're losing game 7 at home, especially in that era.

Seriously though, look at Stickle standing there with his arms out to signal on side when 12 feet to his left is an Islander player who likely just skated by him.  He ALREADY has his arms out BEFORE the puck even crosses the blue line!

I'm now re #*$&ing irritated!

Edited by eleven24
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, eleven24 said:

What is the killer part of that non-call is that the Flyers would've likely won game 6 and then headed home to the Spectrum for game 7.  There's no way they're losing game 7 at home, especially in that era.

Seriously though, look at Stickle standing there with his arms out to signal on side when 12 feet to his left is an Islander player who likely just skated by him.  He ALREADY has his arms out BEFORE the puck even crosses the blue line!

he definitely had his arms out before the puck crossed the line. the gif of it (repeating ad infinitum) is infuriating.

55 minutes ago, eleven24 said:

Wait till you read this if you thing you’re irritated now.  I posted this in another thread a while back.  A retired NHL linesman told me this

Leon Stickle goes around telling people that he didn’t cause the Flyers to lose the cup but instead started a dynasty.

Chew  on that for a while.

5 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Game day: What's everybody drinking?

Personally, I'm having whatever Gritty was imbibing:

https://www.nhl.com/news/short-shifts-gritty-visits-the-wrong-toronto/c-318709100?tid=281396148

I'm sorry but I love this mascot. Whoever is running that show is comedy genius.

Got to meet (and got "silly stringed" on the jumbo tron) by gritty up here in Maine last year.

NOW....Lets go FLYERS! Beat the FishSticks!!

(I'm drinking some good aged Rum with just a SPLASH of pineapple to take the burn out.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

I'm sorry but I love this mascot. Whoever is running that show is comedy genius.

Got to meet (and got "silly stringed" on the jumbo tron) by gritty up here in Maine last year.

NOW....Lets go FLYERS! Beat the FishSticks!!

(I'm drinking some good aged Rum with just a SPLASH of pineapple to take the burn out.)

was that at the Portland arena? my cousin's kid had another team's hat on and Gritty snatched it off his head and threw it as far as he could.

• Haha 1

PROJECTED LINEUPS (subject to change)

FLYERS

12 Michael Raffl -- 14 Sean Couturier -- 93 Jake Voracek
49 Joel Farabee -- 13 Kevin Hayes -- 11 Travis Konecny
25 James van Riemsdyk -- 28 Claude Giroux -- 21 Scott Laughton
38 Derek Grant -- 44 Nate Thompson -- 18 Tyler Pitlick

9 Ivan Provorov -- 15 Matt Niskanen
6 Travis Sanheim -- 5 Phil Myers
8 Robert Hägg or 53 Shayne Gostisbehere  -- 61 Justin Braun

79 Carter Hart
[37 Brian Elliott]

ISLANDERS
27 Anders Lee - 13 Mathew Barzal - 7 Jordan Eberle
18 Anthony Beauvillier - 29 Brock Nelson - 12 Josh Bailey
10 Derick Brassard - 44 Jean-Gabriel Pageau - 47 Leo Komarov
17 Matt Martin - 53 Casey Cizikas - 32 Ross Johnston or 15 Cal Clutterbuck

3 Adam Pelech - 6 Ryan Pulock
25 Devon Toews - 24 Scott Mayfield
2 Nick Leddy - 4 Andy Greene
55 Johnny Boychuk ???
40 Semyon Varlamov
[1 Thomas Greiss]

Comparative Team Stats(League ranking, via NHL.com and Natural Stat Trick)

GPG: PHI 3.29 (7th), NYI 2.78 (22nd)
GAA: PHI 2.77(T-7th), NYI 2.79 (9th)
5-on-5: PHI +18 (153-135), NYI -10 (121-131)
Power Play: PHI 20.8% (14th), NYI 17.3% (T-24th)
Penalty Kill: PHI 81.8% (11th), NYI  80.7% (15th)
Special Teams Index: PHI 102.6, NYI 98.0
SHG: PHI 8 (T-6th), NYI 6 (T-10th)
SHGA: PHI 6 (T-14th), NYI 5 (T-7th)
Average Shots: PHI 31.4 (16th), NYI 29.6 (28th)
Shots Against: PHI 28.7 (1st), NYI 31.2 (T-13th)
Corsi: PHI 51.02% (9th), NYI 46.45% (29th)
Scoring chances: PHI 50.91% (13th), NYI 47.91% (15th)
High-danger chances: PHI 50.83% (12th), NYI 50.08% (18th)
Expected goal differential: PHI 50.64 (14th), NYI 48.84% (20th)
Faceoffs: PHI 54.6% (1st), NYI 49.9% (T-17th)
Credited Hits/60: PHI 21.4 (17th), NYI 27.7 (1st)
Blocked Shots/60: PHI 12.02 (28th), NYI 16.61 (1st)
Giveaways/60: PHI 8.93 (13th), NYI 12.96 (31st)
Takeways/60:  PHI 6.29 (24th), NYI 7.02 (18th)

Series Schedule

Mon, Aug 24 -- 7 PM
Wed,  Aug 26 -- 3 PM
Thu,  Aug 27 -- 7 PM
Sat,  Aug 29 -- Noon
Mon, Aug 31 -- TBD *
Wed, Sep 2 -- TBD *
Thu. Sep 3 -- TBD *

41 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Also..... Why is Ghost not back in the line-up?!.....

From what I have seen it hasn't been announced yet it will be a game time decision and I expect Ghost to play.

Looking at the lineup it is strange see the Flyers have a #1 center making 4 mill a 3rd line center making 7 mill and a 3rd line center making 8 mill.

Hhhhhhhmmmmm...

On 8/22/2020 at 11:48 AM, Poulin20 said:

I remember it like it was yesterday.  Especially the series clinching game.  I was a 5th grader and we had to attend a 50th anniversary celebration for the grandparents of my neighbor across the street.  It was being held at a hotel in Philly.  Not wanting to miss the game my dad brought our brand new SONY Walkman radio.  He also brought a single earpiece so he could listen relatively unnoticed.  He looked like a secret service agent with his suit and single earpiece.  I’m guessing some thought he was hotel security since we were fairly unknown among the guests. He kept coming over to me telling me how the scored yet again and we both celebrated quietly together knowing we were moving on to the next round.

Sadly my dad has been gone for 20 years now but this is one of my favorite memories of the 23 years I got to spend with him.

Awesome story bro!! God bless....