You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Kraken Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

pilldoc

Round 2: Flyers vs Islanders Thread

One of the joys of working from home...my desk moves to the den....

Notice Giroux on the right side on the last PP, the coaching staff must have seen my post.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Game day: what's everybody drinking?

Redhook Long Hammers while the sun is up, and then... the scotch is gone... the tequila is gone... rum it is!

• Good Post 1

Is Leon Stickle still alive?  My bladder has a longstanding date with his grave.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wrasslin' is legal in Hockey now?

Posted (edited)

In this day and age, why don't they have high speed cameras to determine offsides? The all telling frame that shows the Islanders were indeed offsides is missing.

I take it back, the frame IS there.  The puck is about 6" into the zone just as the leaving Islander's skate touches the blue line: Offsides.

Edited by TedZep

One period of good hockey, and realistically it was just the last 15 min of the first.  Then it was back to allowing the Islanders to come out of their zone with zero resistance.  I just don't get it.  The first forechecker is hanging out in the neutral zone and not even forcing the NYI puck carrier to change direction until the red line.  

This game had the chance to be a confidence building statement game after jumping out to a 3-0 lead.  Instead, even if the Flyers win in OT, the Isles walk away feeling like they're clearly the better team.

And they are.

this ultraconservative defensive style just blew up in their face. First time I have questioned AV's coaching. They are being outplayed and out hustled. They look like an exhausted, and beat down squad. Unless they manage to survive this overtime, I think the collapse is inevitable

Griess hasn't played a meaningful game in five months, and they cant score on him....kinda says it all

2 minutes ago, TedZep said:

In this day and age, why don't they have high speed cameras to determine offsides? The all telling frame that shows the Islanders were indeed offsides is missing.

Shouldn't have even been in a position where an offsides should've mattered in this one.  Even if that one was offsides, the Islanders were dominating the Flyers.  I'll go as far as suggesting the problem with the Flyers is endurance.  They're all sucking wind at every stoppage.

• Like 1

when the big argument coming from a team is a possible missed call, you're in deep ****

1 minute ago, eleven24 said:

Shouldn't have even been in a position where an offsides should've mattered in this one.  Even if that one was offsides, the Islanders were dominating the Flyers.  I'll go as far as suggesting the problem with the Flyers is endurance.  They're all sucking wind at every stoppage.

The Isles look like they are on a PP every time they are in our offensive zone. They are controlling play and passing the puck around while we watch. They have all sorts of room for drop passes and wide open shots. We can’t complete a pass or skate two feet without being swarmed....and Giroux is useless again , as is Baby Hughie JVR , what a marshmallow, he’s a 98 lb weakling , trapped in a 200 body. We should call him Private Pyle from now on.

• Like 1

well, there it is. a deflection and lucky bounce beats a third rate backup for the OT winner. The Flyers still have .....

they are breathing😰

10 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

The Isles look like they are on a PP every time they are in our offensive zone. They are controlling play and passing the puck around while we watch. They have all sorts of room for drop passes and wide open shots. We can’t complete a pass or skate two feet without being swarmed....and Giroux is useless again , as is Baby Hughie JVR , what a marshmallow, he’s a 98 lb weakling , trapped in a 200 body. We should call him Private Pyle from now on.

they won thank god, but giroux has to be benched enough said.

i'll take the win! the young ones don't give up. gut check time tomorrow for this series. now back to the Four Roses i left in the other room.

Benching Giroux wont do anything but help the Islanders finish this off quicker. There really isnt a better option

• Like 1

Winning a game this way is one thing. But we won a series we were outplayed in and are tied in this one even though we only won 2 periods total. We're playing some ugly hockey right now.

• Like 1

Well, fellas, that was more excitement than I needed for a Wednesday afternoon.

Or maybe the exact right dose.

2 minutes ago, TedZep said:

Well, fellas, that was more excitement than I needed for a Wednesday afternoon.

Or maybe the exact right dose.

Dosage is determined by the size of the shot glass

trust the bourbon!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, eleven24 said:

Shouldn't have even been in a position where an offsides should've mattered in this one.

Absolutely, we should never be hoping for a correct offsides call vs. the Islanders, even if we "deserve" a payback.

So here's my new narrative: the Islanders expended so much energy to come back, only to be defeated, while the Flyers took the third period off.  This means the Flyers should coast to an easy victory on the second half of the back to back.  Yeah, that's the ticket.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TedZep said:

This means the Flyers should coast

its what they do best

• Haha 1

This core needs to be traded while they still have......wait...they won?  

Series is at 1-1 despite being outplayed.  Nice to have a real goalie after all these years.

Exciting game.   Still need to string 60 minutes of good hockey together.  Not sure they can ride Hart this much to take them to the promised land.

A win is a win.  

• Like 1

Sadly I didn't get to watch the middle part of the game, I saw the first and third periods. So for me it was Wow they chased Varlomov and now are trading chance here in the third. I thought the first 10 minutes of Pd 3 were 55/45 in the Isles favor, but they were pressing. Then...

The Beauvellier goal and that was a bummer.

The Flyers were starting to play in the islanders end and they made that play off the rush.

That is why the forechecker isn't balls deep in the zone. 

Maybe it's me, but I think the league has figured out the exit along the boards play and are jumping it all the time.

The high flip into the NZ negates this, why aren't the Flyers using that more?

I'll bet the Islanders jumped that exit via the boards 10 times in the last 7 minutes of that game.

All in all though it's a win, they could have folded after the equalizer and they didn't. 

They could have turtled in the OT they didn't.

They were going to win that game once they killed that penalty at 17:40. 

Couturier missed a wide open net because? who the **** knows? so the Myers goal was cosmic justice. 

This is a group that hasn't won in the playoffs and they're learning.

There is a goalie playing well behind them. 

I don't think the world is ending. This series is tied the other team doesn't suck. 

Oh and benching Giroux is the dumbest ****** idea I've read. Full Stop.

GTFOH with that. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Digityman said:

This core needs to be traded while they still have......wait...they won?  

Series is at 1-1 despite being outplayed.  Nice to have a real goalie after all these years.

Exciting game.   Still need to string 60 minutes of good hockey together.  Not sure they can ride Hart this much to take them to the promised land.

A win is a win.  

yeah i do because they are not getting any younger, they are getting slower, if you dont trade them now, their value will lower, they wont show up at all, that's my fear for next season especially if younger players could steps back and that's a recipe for tanking because they hold on to their players too long, they break down, they retire, you are getting nothing back and you got nothing to rebuild with.

5 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Oh and benching Giroux is the dumbest ****** idea I've read. Full Stop.

GTFOH with that. 

im watching for him to score and not skate around and look at lights and getting knocked over every shift, i get your personal like for him but i dont.

Edited by tucson83