• Stars in 5 (Dallas wins series)
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Done.
Deal.
Vegas is gone...Stars move on to play for Lord STanley

Good veteran team, and with Klingberg, Heiskanen and especially, Khudobin-Roy, they'll give Tampa quite a test. Their goalie is LOCKED IN.

7 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Deputy Commissioner to Jamie Benn: "So, Mr. Benn...not gonna touch the Western trophy due to superstition?"

Benn:  "No, stupid...we are in the middle of a pandemic....I ain't touchin %$#@!"

:bigteeth:

As the Stars trainers hand out non-latex, plastic gloves.

Dallas was beaten in last year's playoffs in an overtime thriller Game 7 by none other the then Blue, now Bolt, Patrick Maroon. They meet again. Instant revenge factor? Certainly a plot twist.

Edited by FD19372

Stars have several lives. How many times they were dug deep in the hole and manage to come back... Not the prettiest way nor the most efficient way to win games but we'll take it.

I was curiously more confident this time, even at 2-0. Total Knights domination in the first part of the game, but the Stars slowly began to took advantage of the game, winning battles and faceoffs while getting out of their own zone much better. It's playoffs hockey, sometimes we just need garbage goals and capitalizing on special teams. Momentum changed when the Knights missed their third straight opportunity on the PP.

And it's finally done with the Reaves hype. He maybe set the tone in game 2 but otherwise he was a total non factor. I'm also happy to send the victimized yapping prima donna Marchessault on vacation. However I was truly sad for Whitecloud. The guy just did the thing to do, but rules are rules and it was not nice to see him devastated like that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Villette/Lavaux said:

And it's finally done with the Reaves hype. He maybe set the tone in game 2 but otherwise he was a total non factor. 

Agreed.
I thought it was crazy the amount of air time his name got in these playoffs and in this series in particular.

I get it. Big blue collar guys like him are good to have in the playoffs....and they CAN help to swing momentum at times.
But Vegas' good fortunes really didn't hang on what Reaves did.....though interestingly, their BAD fortunes could very well hang on things Reaves could have done. 
Is it a wonder they kept him mostly off the ice when Vegas needed to play catch up? Probably not.

Reaves may bring a couple things to the table, but a Keith Primeau, Kirk Maltby, Esa Tikkanen, or even a Patrick Maroon he is not.

On 9/14/2020 at 8:38 AM, Villette/Lavaux said:

I Think it was Fletcher as GM. It was one of these horrible decisions the Wild made at that time. He was already pretty darn good and I never understood why they let him go. On the other hand the Bruins also haven't kept him. 

Agree with you. I wished that he will receive a nice tryout time at the Wild team then, but he have got only 6 games in 2 seasons here in Minnesota. Not enough games(actually team won all 6 games) for trading him somewhere else. Fans liked him. I just looked through the Anton Khudobin career stats on eliteprospects.com site. He actually played for 5 NHL teams(Minnesota, Boston, Carolina, Anaheim, Boston again and finally Dallas). 4 teams out of 5(except Dallas) were sending him to the farm clubs to play lots of games there, but, interesting, that his stats most of the time were better when he played for the NHL clubs. Dallas never sent him to AHL , probably, because he became a real valuable goalie for that team. And now he helped to that team to reach Stanley Cup Finals. I think, it is a nice achievement already, which happen not very often for each NHL team. Wish the Wild team will be in Dallas place someday in a lifetime. Do not know when...