• Lightning Zap the Isles and Sweep 4
    • Lightning Have Just a Little Trouble and win in 5
    • Lightning Take a Tough Series in 6
    • Lightning Take a Maximum Game Series in 7
    • Islanders Shock Everyone and Pull a Columbus in 4
    • Islanders Trotz the Bolts and Win In 5
    • Islanders Grit Out a Hard Won Series in 6
    • Islanders Outlast the Bolts and Thrill Win in 7

This will be the third playoff meeting between these two teams with Tampa Bay winning both previous series. They last met in the 2016 Eastern Conference Second Round, which Tampa Bay won in five games. This will be Tampa Bay's sixth Conference Finals appearance. They last went to the Conference Finals in 2018, which they lost to the Washington Capitals in seven games. This will be New York's fifth appearance in the Conference Finals. They last went to the Conference Finals in 1993, which they lost against the Montreal Canadiens in five games. New York won two of the three games in this year's regular season series. 

image.thumb.png.8735108957b557046a80c9f80943e5e7.png

1365205000_NYITB.jpg.7d4ed222e71bcdb950d8f25bbb46d4ad.jpg

All discussion and game day postings can go here.

Lightning trying to continue their path to that elusive Stanley Cup..... Barry Trotz and his NY Islanders though, standing in the way to the Finals.

For Trotz, he is attempting to make another Finals appearance with his coached team and putting a blue and orange shaded Cup right next to his Capital red one.

Bolts' core is still in their prime, but they've missed opportunities in the past to win.

Even though I am obviously biased towards Tampa Bay, I will wish good luck to both teams and looking forward to a very good series with lots of fast play, contrasting styles, some rough n tumble play in the trenches, and outstanding goaltending.

I think this will be a compelling series.

Looking forward to the Barzal/ Point matchup, I want to see those two head to head as much as possible. Two great young players who are coming into their own, they skate like the wind and see the ice well. Should be fun.

I'm curious to see how Tampa responds to the physicality and speed of the Islanders.

A thing I noticed about the Islanders and I'm sure everyone else has as well, they tie up sticks in front of the goalie so well they have to be cheating. Also their forecheckers get their sticks on so many outlets...even when the opponent wins the race or the puck battle, they tip the pass, poke the puck off the stick, it looks like a desperate move, but they are successful too often for it to be luck.  

Whoever their skills coach is should get a raise, they disrupt everything.

Tampa is well rested and has some really high-end talented players, and the better goalie so I picked them in 7,   I think this will be a highly entertaining series, there is a new found toughness that Tampa is playing with that I think will be the thing that takes them to cup, I really think this is their year. 

Lightning in 6 ...

Tampa wants to erase that embarrassment from last year.  I am taking Tampa in 6 over the Islanders because I've had a good feeling about the Bolts since they got past Columbus. Yet these are not your father's Islanders of Bossy, Trottier, and Potvin. This is a focused team that is not only strong defensively, but has also bought into the system of Barry Trotz.

I could see the Isles pushing Tampa to the limit here, but ultimately talent wins out. If your reason for picking Tampa is that the Islanders aren't strong offensively, keep in mind that the Isles are third in playoff goals per game played (3.33 GF/GP) and first among remaining teams.

Don't forget The Isles won 2 of 3 regular-season contests between the teams, outscoring the Lightning 11-4 in the aggregate (but that was months ago)....this is an Isles team that will give Tampa fits.  Tampa will be wise not to take them too lightly.

IMO,  Tampa Bay boasts better top-end talent, a deeper forward group and -- thanks to new additions this season -- enough physicality to earn a spot in the Stanley Cup Final.

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

5-1 Lightning and just now they were grinding the Islanders down real good with their 4th line.

Islanders also making uncharacteristic sloppy clearing attempts.
Trotz has to be beside himself behind that bench.

Definitely not a Trotz game for his club.

It's a lot harder to beat someone when they have a power play that can you know actually score.

I knew the Isles wouldn't get lucky again playing an impotent power play like the Flyer's.

As long as I have followed the Flyers I can't remember them ever going through a series and not scoring one.

Bolts have star players that show up, makes it harder to win.

The speed helps too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It's a lot harder to beat someone when they have a power play that can you know actually score.

I knew the Isles wouldn't get lucky again playing an impotent power play like the Flyer's.

As long as I have followed the Flyers I can't remember them ever going through a series and not scoring one.

Bolts have star players that show up, makes it harder to win.

The speed helps too.

Well, Flyers still have some up n coming players and their PP should improve, but I see your point.

On the whole, the Bolts are ready NOW, Flyers not quite...and the Isles are seeing the big differences firsthand.

• Like 1