• Lightning Have Just a Little Trouble and win in 5
    • Lightning Take a Tough Series in 6
    • Lightning Take a Maximum Game Series in 7
    • Islanders Shock Everyone and Pull a Columbus in 4
    • Islanders Trotz the Bolts and Win In 5
    • Islanders Grit Out a Hard Won Series in 6
    • Islanders Outlast the Bolts and Thrill Win in 7

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Tyler Johnson lucky he didn't get a call there, but this game looking like it needs extra time. Both teams playing well, and slightly cautious.

I sorta expected more desperation out of the Islanders........seeing as how they could be heading home after this one.

Still though, as long as things stay low tempo, I think it favors them.
Bolts need to turn things up a notch or three.

Bonus hockey. If the Lightning don't score on this PP,  the Islanders might very well extend this series. They're playing very well, hitting and playing a good tempo for them.

Edited by FD19372

Barzal if its the Isles....he has been sneaking into the offensive zone all night and making plays. He may be due.

If it's the Lightning, i am going with Alex Killorn. Been too quiet tonight, though he was involved in some earlier play where the Islanders simply diffused the situation.

The Islanders, over the last few games, have succeeded often in playing in Tampa's face. You beat that with speed, and although Tampa has it, they need Point back...even if he's at 60%, to move on. The Islanders have that neutral zone strategy working for them very well right now, and a confident Varlamov.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1

Watching this series, I feel less bad about the Flyers losing to the Islanders...I hate to say it, they're a good hockey club.

There are so few things I like, outside of my friend Marianne, that from Long Island.

I've enjoyed the the hockey team's years in the wilderness with bad owners and low cognitive functioning GMs...I mean Mike Milbury was "perfect" for Long Island. - I digress.

They can skate, their forecheckers are starting to take a toll on the Tampa D, they never ****** let up...There's a lot to like about the way they play the game. 

It is amazing how differently Tampa plays with Point in the line up. With him they are a machine, class of the league, without him, they are still very good, but beatable. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

It is amazing how differently Tampa plays with Point in the line up. With him they are a machine, class of the league, without him, they are still very good, but beatable.

I hate hoping anything bad happening to an opponent. I truly hate it. I would never do that, ever. It's not fair play, it's bitchy, it has nothing to do with sports in general, it's disgraceful.

Again, I'll never do that.

Never thinking of that.

Ever !

Really... never !

I'm not like that.

No, I'm not...

I swear it...

Never...

But...

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2020 at 1:04 PM, Villette/Lavaux said:

I hate hoping anything bad happening to an opponent. I truly hate it. I would never do that, ever. It's not fair play, it's bitchy, it has nothing to do with sports in general, it's disgraceful.

Again, I'll never do that.

Never thinking of that.

Ever !

Really... never !

I'm not like that.

No, I'm not...

I swear it...

Never...

But...

But.... it happened. They (Islanders) lost it in 6 games. Interesting, that more than 50% fans, including me, predicted Tampa's tough win in those 6 games. It was a nice battle between Vasilevsky and Varlamov. And now is coming another tough but final battle in Stanley Cup Finals between Vasilevsky and Khudobin. Both goalies played equal numbers of games(19) during these playoffs. Interesting, who is going to win it? Tampa or Dallas? Dallas or Tampa? Who....

The interesting thing will be between back-to-back games scheduled (eventually) next Friday and Saturday to avoid NFL games. While playing your back-up goalie in one of those two games might be an option, I'm pretty sure both teams will stick with their regular goalie. It's the last straight line, give all what you have.

@TropicalFruitGirl26

Finally, we were due to meet 😉

• Like 1

@Villette/Lavaux

That we do.
Both the Lightning and Stars truly earned their way to where they are.
Bolts played the role of favorites along the way, Stars played the role of underdogs (though I question that status to be honest...I think they are more than people give them credit for), but neither had an easy path to the Finals.

Tip of the helmet to the Islanders for a very tough series against the Lightning and particular, props to one Mr. Matt Martin.
I talked all kinds of smack about Martin and what he does on the ice, his playstyle, his penchant for a bit of goonery, etc.

But when the teams lined up for the handshake, I saw that very same Matt Martin not only sincerely congratulate a guy he traded blows with (Luke Schenn), but also seemed to encourage the younger Lightning players as he met them, as they made their way to the Finals round.

Class. Act.
Especially in the face of a tough series loss.

Sometimes, it feels like hockey is a bit like pro wrestling when it comes to personalities.
The biggest "maniacs" on the ice, are the most upstanding and complete human beings off and away from it.
Public enemy number one during a game....sweetheart of a man afterwards.

Milan Lucic at the handshake line Matt Martin certainly is NOT!
Again, kudos to him!  :) 

• Like 1