Sanheim: "Air Went Out Of The Balloon" in Game 7

radoran

I get that this is a "thing that can happen" but am disappointed that the leadership group apparently "let the air go out of the balloon" after one goal.

This is part of the learning experience of the playoffs, but is also the difference between a 2010 team two years removed from a Conference Final appearance and a 2020 team with three rounds of playoffs in the previous seven years.

That said, last season the Isles we swept in the second round and this year are battling in the Conference Final.

I have more confidence in AV than ever under Hackstol.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, radoran said:

I get that this is a "thing that can happen" but am disappointed that the leadership group apparently "let the air go out of the balloon" after one goal.

This is part of the learning experience of the playoffs, but is also the difference between a 2010 team two years removed from a Conference Final appearance and a 2020 team with three rounds of playoffs in the previous seven years.

That said, last season the Isles we swept in the second round and this year are battling in the Conference Final.

I have more confidence in AV than ever under Hackstol.

Kids these days.

Making em softer by the day.

If we would have had these kids back n da day of World World 2 we would all be speaking German or Japanese.

And to think my daughter has to find a husband amongst all these soft ass motherf**kers!

SMFH

Hopefully this will be a learning experience for the youngsters.

Watching the ECF the Lightning are able to deal with the forechecking of the Islanders more efficiently than our guys did.

Interesting to see how many "flybys" there are from the Islanders F1s in this series. Those guys just bore-down on our defensmen, there was no help and poor decisions were made. Having some guys who've been through it is helpful and that shows. 

It also doesn't hurt that the top end talent for Tampa is all-world. Kucherov has been dynamite, Point when he's in is able to skate with Barzal...Hedman controls the game when he's on the ice. He's able to push the tempo and completely change the flow of the game.

The Flyers don't have those guys yet. 

Hopefully getting their asses handed to them will help them develop into better players. 

• Like 1

the inexperience off the defense is an interesting point. We had some veteran presence, but I dont think it was enough to balance the NYI forecheck and pressure. And since our poor excuse of an offense could not offer any pressure, our guys were constantly under the gun. And that embarassemnt

of a PP is nightmare I wont soon stop having.

A simple decision about Braun is all thats needed on the back end. Hart is legit. AV is a great coach who manages good defensive squads. The future is bright in that regard.

Unless some real changes are made upfront, a few years from now we will be discussing how we squandered a young defense and cant afford to keep key players because of contracts.

wash....rinse....repeat

45 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

farm boy from the Skatch

Lol, look at you getting your Canadian on. I'm serious bud, you should move to Canada. Wide open spaces, great fishing, pretty women and your neighbor pays for your healthcare (and you his).

• Like 1