West Champs

notfondajane

Went through a bunch of teams that many, perhaps said they should have lost to.

Calgary, then Colorado, now Vegas. 
Pretty impressive.

Question now is, do they want the Lightning quickly? Or cool down and wait for the Islanders to come back?

I'd say they would be even with the Islanders as far as favored status goes...a pick'em if you would.
But the Lightning would be heavy favorites against them.

Then again, from the way they've played these playoffs, the Stars don't give a crap who is favored over them.

Congrats to the team.
Hard earned West title and spot in the Finals.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

It was really pretty impressive how they took over the game from about the 13;00 mark of the second period. 

I have no idea how that happens, Las Vegas was winning every race and 70% of the pucks, how does a team turn it around?

I know a bunch of alpha idiots will say, will, desire blah, blah, blah. I don't buy that as the whole story. Because what? they didn't want to win during the first part of the game where they had nothing going on? Was it really Jamie Benn? 

What was the break or the thing that got that whole team leaning forward and changing the mindset after having had their asses handed to them for 30 minutes.  They counter punched every game in this series, VS the Avs they were better as front runners. 

Without Khudobin playing out of his mind the Stars a swept out of this series and wouldn't have won vs the 'lanche.

That was a pretty impressive victory though. Congrats to Stars will be interesting to see what kind of team they are in the final. 

Knights were in an elimination game, they were in the kinda like go-or-die mission. They had the good strategy, they dominated games 2 to 4 with this approach, but you can't sustain that for 60 minutes. For the Stars, it was the classical bend-not-break.

The difference was in the battle level. Stars began to win 1-1 battle and faceoffs as well along with better execution in the transition game, giving them more puck possession. Knights went nervous once the Stars reduced the score to 2-1. The changing point was also the Knights failing to score on three consecutive PP. Klingberg and Heiskanen were horrible in the first half of the game and then decided to level up their game and take better decisions.

Now, I hope for the other CF to go to game 7 with multiple OTs :cointoss: