Brodin signs seven-year contract extension with Wild

Hockey-78

brodin2.jpg.c961b018b4f876a45699e0d8fe0fae5c.jpg

https://www.nhl.com/news/defenseman-jonas-brodin-signs-seven-year-contract-minnesota-wild/c-319038824

Brodin gets $6 millions annually until he's 34. Has the Wild been there before...

I don't know what's there not to like about Brodin but woah, the Wild back end is a serious money pit now.

Do they all stay or who goes? This can't be a "tweak".

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

Minnesota Wild sign Jonas Brodin to 7-year $42 million Contract Extension

(sigh)  This team loves hanging on to the same players that help contribute to its middling finishes.  The length of the term and the NMC for most of it is again maddening.  This team just can't get out of its own way.  Why do we always decide we want the players with the leverage; because it'd be a shame if the country club culture felt threatened by a move; so lets cement them here.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

(sigh)  This team loves hanging on to the same players that help contribute to its middling finishes.  The length of the term and the NMC for most of it is again maddening.  This team just can't get out of its own way.  Why do we always decide we want the players with the leverage; because it'd be a shame if the country club culture felt threatened by a move; so lets cement them here.  

Funny how nhl.com didn't mention the NMC in its article when in fact the clause is a very essential element regarding how the Wild has been constructed. Or painted itself in the corner.,, 

It makes the contract so much worse although I'd be very surprised to see Brodin revert from where he is now in the next 4 years. At least he's fast enough already and equipped with a high hockey IQ. 

Wouldn't exactly say Guerin has made some above average moves so far. With the idea of improving the team. More or less aiming to keep the status quo.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Oh and a good article! The Wild Twitter definitely has a lot of people with mixed feelings. Someone even suggesting Brodin's deal could lead to Pateryn taking a spot in the 2nd pairing with Broding! Funny stuff on the whole.

• Like 1

You guys know how I feel about this, as in my opinion Brodin is the best hockey player on the Wild, mobile, high hockey IQ, and ability to shift directions seamlessly. He's also a cool hand carrying the puck out of our zone. Might I add speed as well.

• Like 1