Jets Shopping Laine?

Podein25

On 9/25/2020 at 9:59 AM, Podein25 said:

I've read the Jets may be interested in Wild defenseman Mat Dumba and that Minnesota GM Bill Guerin is wanting a top six forward in return for Dumba.
Though the Wild's main need is really a top line center.

Would Minnesota take Laine for Dumba instead and try to get a center elsewhere?
Also, teams within the same division usually wouldn't make a big trade like this.

Other stories have Dumba ending up in Toronto so there may not be much to a Wpg-Min trade anyways.
Just thought I'd put this here in case that sort of surprise trade does happen.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I've read the Jets may be interested in Wild defenseman Mat Dumba and that Minnesota GM Bill Guerin is wanting a top six forward in return for Dumba.

I think this would be a decent trade for both teams. I think the Wild make out slightly better in this one. So might have to add to this deal since Dumba has 3 more years under contract and Laine will be looking for a new deal.

42 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Though the Wild's main need is really a top line center.

Might have to find that guy through a trade because the top guy on the market is Ryan Nugent Hopkins who would top out as a second line center at best i think.

On 9/25/2020 at 10:59 AM, Podein25 said:

Would you give up Sanheim for Laine??

They are also looking for a 2C which the Flyers don't have unless they are willing to take hometown boy Nolan Patrick.

Asking for a friend.

I have to say i have been thinking about this since you posted this too....

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Would you give up Sanheim for Laine??

They are also looking for a 2C which the Flyers don't have unless they are willing to take hometown boy Nolan Patrick.

Asking for a friend.

I have to say i have been thinking about this since you posted this too....

I forgot about this thread lol, I owe TFG a reply as well.

As a Flyer fan, I have no interest in Laine, so no.

As a sometime Jets fan I have an interest in trading Laine for whatever he commands on the market, which is not inconsiderable.

2 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

As a Flyer fan, I have no interest in Laine, so no.

I understand. How about Ehlers i have seen it mentioned they may shop him to prepare to offer Laine a huge deal.

I would love to offer them JVR for him JVR is more costly at 1 mill more per season but he would be off the books two years sooner.

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

I understand. How about Ehlers i have seen it mentioned they may shop him to prepare to offer Laine a huge deal.

I would love to offer them JVR for him JVR is more costly at 1 mill more per season but he would be off the books two years sooner.

Ehlers sure. Dynamic player can single handedly breakdown the best neutral zone locks with his speed. I would package Ghost to do that though, but I think the Jets are looking for a bigger, more complete Dman than Ghost.

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

Ehlers sure. Dynamic player can single handedly breakdown the best neutral zone locks with his speed. I would package Ghost to do that though, but I think the Jets are looking for a bigger, more complete Dman than Ghost.

Do  you send them Ghost and Hagg ?

Together they make a fine defenseman. 

I actually think Hagg can be a better player than he's been. He's still sort of young for an NHL defenseman based on older models of that position. Used to be the prime didn't start until they were in their later 20s...now with the athleticism of some of these blue chip young cats that has sped up.  But lot's of the young studs struggle in their mid 20s. Could be Hagg hasn't "taken off" yet?

There is talent there, he's got a good heavy shot, he's on target with it. He'll hit a guy....I feel like i'm the only person in the hemisphere who thinks he can play. 

That might push a youngster into the Flyers lineup before they're ready, maybe, I don't know. It seems like in terms of hockey trades something like a 2 for 1 with a pick might be an alright deal.

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

Do  you send them Ghost and Hagg ?

Together they make a fine defenseman. 

I actually think Hagg can be a better player than he's been. He's still sort of young for an NHL defenseman based on older models of that position. Used to be the prime didn't start until they were in their later 20s...now with the athleticism of some of these blue chip young cats that has sped up.  But lot's of the young studs struggle in their mid 20s. Could be Hagg hasn't "taken off" yet?

There is talent there, he's got a good heavy shot, he's on target with it. He'll hit a guy....I feel like i'm the only person in the hemisphere who thinks he can play. 

That might push a youngster into the Flyers lineup before they're ready, maybe, I don't know. It seems like in terms of hockey trades something like a 2 for 1 with a pick might be an alright deal.

Lol, yeah they do. But I don't think that's nearly enough to get Ehlers. And I like Hagg too, so that's two people. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...