Tim Thomas Skips White House Visit

Guest The Quigster

It's a d!ck move. His statements indicate he has a problem with the government and it's process. This wasn't about that, it was about feting the Stanley Cup champions at the home of not only the most important world leader on the planet, but President of the United States to which Thomas is lucky to be a citizen of. Every time he hears the National Anthem he should be reminded what an a$$hole he is for taking his country for granted.

He disrespected the President, he disrespected his country, he disrespected his team mates. He is a damned avery-esque scum bag.

Edited by TedZep

The president doesn't deserve respect because he is the president. Respect is earned. We have had at least 3 decades of presidents that have disrespected the position and the country. Maybe if Tim Thomas supported legislation that takes away more freedoms and intrudes on private citizens lives, he would be a better Patriot!!!

The president doesn't deserve respect because he is the president.

The office of the President of the United States always deserves respect. This wasn't a fund raiser or an invitation for a private dinner with the Obamas, it was a traditional event staged by the office of the President. If Obama wasn't the president right now, someone else would be and the event would still have been held. It really has nothing to do with Obama, it's about public recognition of a championship team. Thomas made it political, Obama didn't.

In 1997 Charleton Heston, who was a rather vocal advocate of conservative issues, was a Kennedy Center honoree. He showed up, despite the fact that the event was hosted by Bill and Hillary Clinton. In 2008 Barbra Streisand, no fan of George W Bush, was a Kennedy Center honoree. She also showed up, saying that for one night art took precedence over politics. This is called having some respect and some class.

The office of the President of the United States always deserves respect. This wasn't a fund raiser or an invitation for a private dinner with the Obamas, it was a traditional event staged by the office of the President. If Obama wasn't the president right now, someone else would be and the event would still have been held. It really has nothing to do with Obama, it's about public recognition of a championship team. Thomas made it political, Obama didn't.

Thomas said it wasn't about Obama. It was about our politicians in general.

In 1997 Charleton Heston, who was a rather vocal advocate of conservative issues, was a Kennedy Center honoree. He showed up, despite the fact that the event was hosted by Bill and Hillary Clinton. In 2008 Barbra Streisand, no fan of George W Bush, was a Kennedy Center honoree. She also showed up, saying that for one night art took precedence over politics. This is called having some respect and some class.

When do politicians start to have respect for us? That includes the OFFICE of the President.

Please. It's a visit to the white house. It's not like he skipped a childrens cancer event. I am pretty sure his teammates will be just fine. Hopefully they support him and his constitutional rights. If not, they aren't very good teammates.

Yeah, true. His owner and GM are only publicly disappointed in him.

I'm sure the team - all of two of which have the same rights - support his "Constitutional rights" to pick and choose whatever team events he deigns to join them on.

That was not a "very good teammate" move. Period.

Yeah, true. His owner and GM are only publicly disappointed in him.

I'm sure the team - all of two of which have the same rights - support his "Constitutional rights" to pick and choose whatever team events he deigns to join them on.

That was not a "very good teammate" move. Period.

Eh, It's only a big deal to people that want to make it be one. Quite honestly neither of us know how his teammates feel. I personally wouldn't give a sh!t, but thats because I agree with him. Mostly likely there are some that do care and some that don't. It's a stupid photo op at the white house for a fringe sport that no one really cares about in this country. If we didn't have 24 hour news coverage and things like twitter, it would be a non-issue.

The people who WERE INVITED were "inconvenienced" by his decision to showboat and when you have your owner practically begging you to go, it just might "hurt" when you virtually spit in his face

Well , I dunno about any of his teammates being inconvenienced, they went anyway. And ,as long as Thomas can play goal as well as he does, I don't think the owner is too hurt. Also, I've never heard any of his teammates say anything bad about him. He seems to be well liked by them.

If I was Thomas, I would have gone. But, if I was a Bruin, I'd be more concerned about him stopping pucks than I would about his non-appearance.

Plus, he's a goalie. They live in a different world.

Edited by blocker

I gotta say I fully support Thomas' decision if he decided not to go for political reasons. Saying that it's not the right time to do it is exactly why it's the best time to do it.

If Thomas wanted to maximize visibility to his issue, then he succeeded.

I view Thomas' decision in the same light as when Sean Penn goes to Venezuela to see Chavez, both are retards, except Thomas is probably worse because he is putting himself above his team. Thomas is dumb enough to think a rich hockey player expressing his political view has any affect and Sean Penn is dumb enough to think a wealthy actor expressing his political view has any affect.

If Thomas is political, he should do things on his own time, not at the expense of his team.

@mojo1917-

Don't laugh too hard at me, but I really did go look it up because I wasn't sure what an object predicate was. I had to root around. What I found was a couple of things.

1) Object Predicate:

OBJECT:

The object is the person or a thing upon whom or upon which the action of the verb is carried out.

Examples:

I lived in DC for 25 years. I know it pretty well. I also know that there is a difference between disrespect and differences of opinion.

In any event, this not about me or you. It's about Tim Thomas. You have your opinion, I "respectfully" disagree.

Huh? What does living in DC have to do with anything? Anyone paying attention can see the harm both parties are causing our country and our future. They don't give a sh!t about us. That is pretty disrespectful.