Some Flyers rumours

Guest brelic

Disclaimer: This is from Eklund. I know how many people feel about Eklund, so if you feel like throwing up when you read his rumours, then don't read it.

At the very worst, he's entertaining.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/On-Carter-FlyersSuterWeber-Beauchemin-Malone-LeafsBolts-Sens-Buyers/1/41540

I get the sense that the rumor world just kicked it up a notch this morning...Sunday mornings tend to be quiet hockey rumor mornings, but not today...

Start here...

on The Flyers....

The Flyers have a history of jumping into their major moves and the search for a defenseman may not be an exception. Ed Snider hates the unknown and going hard this summer in an attempt to sign Ryan Suter or Shea Weber is an unknown.

Consider the Flyers trading for Bryzgalov's rights this summer and then paying him ahead of July 1. In the past the Flyers have done this on other occasions as well when they really wanted a player...(Jeremy Roenick comes to mind). Right now, with the uncertainty of Pronger's future and money to spend the Flyers look like they are definitely trying to get a jump.

Suter and Weber are firm in their crossfire, although it is doubtful Poile would move either with the Preds in the hunt and actually looking to add talent right now. A source added, "Unless, that is the offer is huge, and could be viewed as actually helping their chances...say Schenn, Coburn, and Eric Wellwood plus a top draft pick huge."

My source went on to make sure I noted this WASN'T a specific rumor, just his own speculation as to how big a deal could get we're Philly going hard after Weber/Suter. I would like to note, a bit tongue-in-cheek, that this source has told me his own "speculation" before and it has ended up being pretty darn close to what actually went down...when I told him I would be writing that he laughed.

Between Suter and Weber the Flyers of course want Weber for the physical force they are trying to replace in Pronger. Suter gives them an incredibly talented defender, but a little bit of the same role currently played by Kimmo Timonen...who by the way is quietly having a Norris Trophy worthy season.

On Jeff Carter...

The word is that the Jackets are talking to the Wild, the Leafs, and the Flames about Jeff. Carter has definitely had an off year, but what is always important to remember about Carter is he turns things around suddenly and has the ability to be and immediate top ten NHL forward when he finds his groove. Carter is a star and has shown how he an dominate everyone when on top of is game..

@brelic

For a guy that is supposed to be a "professional", his writing is crap. I mean it is not like he is just posting on a message board, he is posting an article on a commercial hockey blog website. That was a horrible read regardless of the content (was there any content there?).

Eklund is a tool, this fat jerk0ff , always writes about these bullcrap trades, and talks about his "sources" .I have yet to see one trade he has talked about become a reality. He is a typical armchair athlete with no life, when was the last time he made out with a girl? His the kind of middle aged loser you see at sporting events with his face painted acting like a buffoon, and His sources are the same as ours, TSN, ESPN, The hockey News etc.

talks about his "sources" .I have yet to see one trade he has talked about become a reality. He is a typical armchair athlete with no life, when was the last time he made out with a girl?

I know sheep that have better sources. I know sheep that have had better luck making out with girls....etc

I kind of forgot about Wellwood. Does he have any trade value at this point? I don't know how much he could bring in for us but I don't think I would mind parting ways with him. I'd rather see Wellwood go rather than any of the rookies currently playing on the Flyers.

He and Lupul can turn Kessel into an alcoholic.

A secret plot to destroy the laffs? Don't bother; they are doing fine on their own thanks and don't need any help.

I don't think Carter's drinking will do any harm but if Carter is his center, Kessel may not see the puck often enough to keep up his scoring pace. I can't figure out who Jeff Carter's line mates should be; Columbus can't seem to either.