Friedman: Big Deals Don't Always Pay Dividends

Guest brelic

Doesn't really make a person very optimistic about Bryzgalov long-term!

Neither does Bryzgalov...

Too many times FAs are seen as robotic automatons who will sign and continue to play and produce exactly how they did before.

But they're not. They're humans. They have weaknesses and foibles. In some cases (Leino) they are products of their environment.

There will be a change coming into a new city, new team, new organization. Everything is different, now play exactly as you have been. Pay no attention to the fan behind the curtain!

To me hockey, especially, is the quintessential team sport. Excellent players can affect the game, for sure, but overall a better team is going to beat a team of great players who are thrown together.

Too many times FAs are seen as robotic automatons who will sign and continue to play and produce exactly how they did before.

But they're not. They're humans. They have weaknesses and foibles. In some cases (Leino) they are products of their environment.

There will be a change coming into a new city, new team, new organization. Everything is different, now play exactly as you have been. Pay no attention to the fan behind the curtain!

To me hockey, especially, is the quintessential team sport. Excellent players can affect the game, for sure, but overall a better team is going to beat a team of great players who are thrown together.

Foibles? Nice. I think Bryz just got a new nickname.

Great points, rad. I think we can see that firsthand with our rookie-laden *team*. We improved our *team* by subtracting really big components and replacing them with smaller, albeit better 'fitting' parts.