Dubnyk

EmptyShelf

I still would like to move 1 or 2 of the biggest cultural cancers in the locker room.  Even if we have to eat a portion of their contracts, though the twin contracts (age, NMC, and non-winning attitude) are the biggest reasons we likely cannot find any takers. 

8 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Yeah that is what i saw as well. Looks like it is Kahkonen time for your boys.

I wish, but I really think Bill Guerin is looking at acquiring Fleury and using him as a Mentor to Kahkonen from what I've been seeing on twitter. Now I am fine with a trade for Fleury but only if we get a really nice piece back with him as well.

Edited by bbgarnett

1 minute ago, bbgarnett said:

I wish, but I really think Bill Guerin is looking at acquiring Fleury and using him as a Mentor to Kahkonen from what I've been seeing on twitter. Now I am fine with a trade for Fleury but only if we get a really nice piece back with him as well.

Give them Stalock and they add Cody Glass, Peyton Krebbs, or another similar C 🤣.  We can dream, can't we? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Give them Stalock and they add Cody Glass, Peyton Krebbs, or another similar C 🤣.  We can dream, can't we? 

Well that's has been talked about (a C coming along with MAF) but they also said discussions for a Dubnyk to SJ trade were starting with a 1st or one of there 2nd's coming back to us but of course we didn't end up with anything near that. So I guess all we can do is ask and see if Vegas would do us a solid. I mean they owe us since we gave them Tuch.

Edited by bbgarnett

15 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

Well that's has been talked about (a C coming along with MAF) but they also said discussions for a Dubnyk to SJ trade were starting with a 1st or one of there 2nd's coming back to us but of course we didn't end up with anything near that. So I guess all we can do is ask and see if Vegas would do us a solid. I mean they owe us since we gave them Tuch.

No one will ever do the Wild 'a solid,' though I appreciate the sarcasm.  The Wild have been known to do so in the past, however.  Fletcher was pretty accomplished at doing so.  He should be the first stop to go to for our 'solid.'

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

Ugh to Fleury to the Wild. Your team looks to be in full rebuild, I would give the kid a shot to sink or swim with Stalock as the backup.

According to HFboards and Dreger Fleury was offered along with the Knights second rounder in exchange for taking him and the entire league turned the Knights down. It might take giving up Hague or Glass to get someone to take him on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Ugh to Fleury to the Wild. Your team looks to be in full rebuild, I would give the kid a shot to sink or swim with Stalock as the backup.

According to HFboards and Dreger Fleury was offered along with the Knights second rounder in exchange for taking him and the entire league turned the Knights down. It might take giving up Hague or Glass to get someone to take him on.

Agree we should be starting the Kahkonen but if we could get Glass along with Fleury I think that needs to be done and Kak can still be the 1A/1B guy and get decent playing time.

Edited by bbgarnett
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EmptyShelf said:

We received a 5th for DD.  If true, clearly a salary dump....

That was my thought....salary dump....well, a HALF salary dump anyways.
Oh, and the 5th isn't till 2022, so it will be up to our intrepid Wild scouts to foresee that far ahead to see who is a gem in the 5th round two years from now. :ph34r:

Wild Trade Donato and Dubnyk to the Sharks

I covered both deals here.  The team will certainly look a whole helluva lot different next season, and I'm not complaining.  The fact the Wild had to pay half of Dubnyk's salary sucks, especially since they had to chip in two potential 7th round picks just to make it happen.  I'm guessing we'll see more moves; but I am not sure I'd say its a rebuild but it certainly is a full-scale renovation.  Whether they're better or not is tough to say.  

Things are certainly changing. At a tough price, but what needs to be done needs to be done. I hope they don't acquire a new goalie. Use Stalock as number one goalie, and KK as number two. We're not going anywhere in the near future, so why pay for Fleury.

It's musical chair time for NHL goalies. All were all-world at points in their career, and every team that takes one is looking for either a big turnaround with the proverbial "change of scenery" or a mentor. Stalock unfortunately can mainly mentor a minder to ride the pine.

A terrific deal for the Wild! At best, it could turn out to be similar like in Columbus when Bob left.

At worst, they get better goaltending than last year. (pun intended)

So the Wild pay a couple of millions? Petty sum since they're already paying much more to certain players who deliver just as much as Dubnyk.

Very good job, Guerin!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Exactly! The BJ's did it with Korpisalo and Merzlikins, just follow that route. I like Fleury and hope he gets to a good team. The Wild are far away from being a contender, I'm sure Marc-Andre has different ideas of his career.

15 hours ago, bbgarnett said:

I wouldn't want Fleury as a mentor. He's not a good goalie especially in the playoffs. Pens defense had to play goaltender to get to the finals in 2008 and 2009. Murray was showing him how to play in 2016 and 2017.

He loses sight of rebounds. I don't think he can see anything that comes from the blue line  even when it is a clear shot. (Ask Claude Girouix). 

2 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Exactly! The BJ's did it with Korpisalo and Merzlikins, just follow that route. I like Fleury and hope he gets to a good team. The Wild are far away from being a contender, I'm sure Marc-Andre has different ideas of his career.

I think Marc Andre Fleury should retire. He lost alot of his ability which wasn't much.

15 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

Not a great deal of trade capital in that transaction for Wild, but it is addition by subtraction, I guess.  Trading picks in 2022 is kind of ridiculous, why not 2021?

I like your guess - it is addition by subtraction. Why that addition in 2022, but not in 2021? I think because we have already so many promising prospects(at least 5-6), which we need time to try them before the new comers will come. Plus, maybe, for doing a better smart scouting during that time too.

3 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

A terrific deal for the Wild! At best, it could turn out to be similar like in Columbus when Bob left.

At worst, they get better goaltending than last year. (pun intended)

So the Wild pay a couple of millions? Petty sum since they're already paying much more to certain players who deliver just as much as Dubnyk.

Very good job, Guerin!

Agree. It is a good job of trying something real different, which I did not see for decades out of our Wild organization. He definitely want to get some positive outcome in results from the Wild team. After such a weak 2020 playoffs performance we were expecting to see noticeable changes in the Wild club. And we already see them , which producing already more and more interest to the fans, media as well as to the players from other NHL teams. I did not see this before for a long period of time in the State of Hockey.