Flyer's 2020 NHL draft

OccamsRazor

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Is it a secret?? I promise i won't tell anyone else. Promise.

Lol...no.

Warren Reichel coached/managed jammers Windsor Spitfires. They, along with a couple of other junior teams have been known to "bend" the rules. They've been fined/had draft picks taken away etc.

Reichels son Kerby was considered a 1st round pick for the upcoming draft that year. It's kind of an unwritten rule if your son is in this position that a GM can ask teams not to pick him so he can, using his 1st rounder. Warren Reichel did this, but when the 1st round came to him (2nd last pick in the round) he took another player (hoping he could get his son late in the 2nd round...essentially getting 2-1st rounders for the price of 1). Barrie picked next in the draft (last pick 1st round) and took Kerby Reichel...who refused to report. 

They pulled the same sort of crap when he was drafted into the NHL by the Blue Jackets with dad complaining they weren't treating spoiled brat Kerby royally enough and demanding a trade. Which they got...over and over and over again. Turns out he just wasn't good enough for the NHL. Or apparently the KHL, which is where he went and put up...wait for it....ZERO points. 

Anyway...that's where my contempt for them comes from.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Lol...no.

Warren Reichel coached/managed jammers Windsor Spitfires. They, along with a couple of other junior teams have been known to "bend" the rules. They've been fined/had draft picks taken away etc.

Reichels son Kerby was considered a 1st round pick for the upcoming draft that year. It's kind of an unwritten rule if your son is in this position that a GM can ask teams not to pick him so he can, using his 1st rounder. Warren Reichel did this, but when the 1st round came to him (2nd last pick in the round) he took another player (hoping he could get his son late in the 2nd round...essentially getting 2-1st rounders for the price of 1). Barrie picked next in the draft (last pick 1st round) and took Kerby Reichel...who refused to report. 

They pulled the same sort of crap when he was drafted into the NHL by the Blue Jackets with dad complaining they weren't treating spoiled brat Kerby royally enough and demanding a trade. Which they got...over and over and over again. Turns out he just wasn't good enough for the NHL. Or apparently the KHL, which is where he went and put up...wait for it....ZERO points. 

I love this story

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

It's only been a decade...I'll let it go one of these years.

I wouldn't. There's nothing like seething deep rooted hatred to keep you pumped. Toronto and Pissburg are good examples for me

Besides, I admire your dedication to your craft

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Lol...no.

Interesting i wasn't aware of this story. But thankfully this isn't his kid.

I've read a few reviews of this guy.  I'd say this is high risk and high reward.  He has a cannon shot and sounds like an anchor for a power play.  The skating assessment ranges from awful to fixable to so-what, as you heard on the tube.  If nothing else, it's a departure from centers and defenders. 

10 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Well, Lindblom was a worse skater than Foerster and his skating got corrected. Foerster will be fine.

Yes he will be fine. They need a guy whonis going to take a shot and more importantly a guy who can get it on net.

I like it. Now we'll see in 3 years if it was worth it.

• Like 1

From Red Line Report (please check them out and purchase their products - very eclectic, often funny, and affordable):

We love everything about his game. He’s got a prototypical power winger’s frame that is only going to get stronger. Has elite vision and hockey sense in all three zones, and is a highly imaginative playmaker. He does everything at a pro level. Has a wicked shot with a lightning release. Extremely smart and patient. Deadly sniper. Big, strong, and rugged. Plays a physical game and is strong in puck battles. Goes to all the right areas at the right times. Has excellent hands and fine playmaking skills. Strong work ethic. He simply can not skate. Not even a little bit. Lacks both first step quickness and a top-end gear. Struggles in transition and to keep his feet moving. And the problem is not a lack of leg strength. It’s a short, ugly, knockkneed stride. We don’t know if that can be fixed. If it could, you’d be looking at a top 15 pick

Lol. Sean Couturier can't skate either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Podein25 said:

From Red Line Report (please check them out and purchase their products - very eclectic, often funny, and affordable):

Fletcher: "I think in his own words, (Tyson) would tell you he does have a shoot-first mentality, which certainly didn't upset me."

29 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

He can't skate a lick so what option does he have? 

So once he gets a callup, he can post up in the slot just stand there, not even move and one the Flyers plethora of passers will set him up (I'm sure after passing it around the group a time or two) and then he can just put it in the net.

6 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Ya, that report is bang on. As I mentioned, if he could skate he'd be long gone.