CBJ add Domi for Anderson

Wow.

The Canadiens have been looking to deal Max Domi because they know that with switching agents he is going to be difficult to sign, he was dealt a few minutes ago along with a third rounder in this years draft for Josh Anderson.

Look, i like Anderson, quite a lot in fact, got the chance to meet him with the team meet and greet a few years ago (the wife has a partial season ticket plan and that is a perk, going to Nationwide, going onto the carpet on the ice and getting autographs). Good kid, huge, hell of a shot, he missed most of last season but he has power forward written all ove him. I hate to see him go, he plays a heavy game and has 30 goal potential written all over him.

BUT

Columbus wins this deal, hands down. Domi is a nasty little pest, can play wing or center has a manitoba farm boy cockiness to him. I hated my teams playing against him. I am going to love to see him in the new Jackets sweater this year.

Domi may be hard to sign while the Habs own Andersons rights for several more years, he is a RFA this offseason while Domi could walk after next year so their is a gamble on the part of the Jackets. But while Domi seems to have been around forever and Anderson seems more of a prospect, Anderson is actually a year older (26) than Domi.

I think Domi is exactly the type of player Torts loves. Great deal for Columbus. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

@RonJeremy

I think you and i were posting this at the same time, i went to merge them and somehow lost your post, i apologize. You are right though, columbus absolutely knocked this out of the park.

I have always liked the way he plays, wish we could have gotten him. He plays a lot bigger than that big p u s s y JVR.

Good deal for the Jackets...will agree with that.

All things being the same and injuries not being an issue, I'd say Anderson > Domi overall.
However, probably due to the way he plays, Anderson has seen his fair share of IR time.

If he stays healthy, he can certainly help the Canadiens shed that "soft team" aura they've had for a few years now.
Sure, they toughened up some over the last two seasons, but none of those tougher players they got have the skillset of Josh Anderson.

Domi....all around player? Probably.
Can do lots of things, and do them well.
He and Cam Atkinson on the same line could be lethal....

Or maybe he can be the guy that finally gets that enigma Alex Wennberg going consistently.
And as Yave already said, Domi is a PITA to play against.

2 hours ago, yave1964 said:

@RonJeremy

I think you and i were posting this at the same time, i went to merge them and somehow lost your post, i apologize. You are right though, columbus absolutely knocked this out of the park.

I did think Domi was completely useless against the Flyers in the last playoffs. And that's saying something. Cause pretty much everyone else looked great against them.

Well, Montréal wanted to ship him as far as they could and they are definitely convinced (like every trade they make) that they won this one. Maybe it'll a win-win, not impossible.

It's kind of a last chance for Domi, and I fully trust Tortorella in sweetly cuddling his low-back if required.

@yave1964 And then Habs signed Anderson to a 7 x $5.5M contract. With 1 year so far in his career where he's been worth that much, and a cap which will be flat for years, I think that they'll regret that in not very much time at all: the next time he only plays a handful of games in a season.

They even kicked in a No-Trade Clause, as if the dollars and term don't make it NTC already.

So if I understand correctly, the Habs rushed to give that contract in a flat cap context and all uncertainties linked to the pandemic situation, only because he will bring some grit and physical play to this small and light team, also considering (mode bad faith='on') he piled up a marvelous 4 pts in 26 games last season (mode bad faith='off')...

I was first shocked but realizing that it's Montréal who did that future epic fail, I'm quite happy.