Wild 2nd Round

EmptyShelf

LIG - How did we acquire our other second rounder?  Did we acquire this pick from the Luke Kunin trade to Nashville (which also included Bonino coming back to Wild in a potential salary dump with one year left at age 32)?  Or, did we have to give something else up to move back into round 2 (hopefully not one of our 2 1st rounders next year)?  I do like the pick of both Marat Khusnutdinov (who was ranked pretty high, #12, on the Central scouting for European Skaters), and I also like the write-up on Ryan O'Rourke - a nasty stay-at-home blue liner with a huge shot that is 6'2" and could be end up well over 200lbs.  The Marat kid is small like Rossi, but is a center that skates very well and back-checks very well.  What else do you know about them?  We now have quite a few mediocre centers on the Wild, now including Bonino with few spots for them all....BG is sure shaking up this team this year

• Like 1

I know this may kill you to wait, but I am at school and its parent-teacher conferences today.  I won't have a post-Day 2 article up until this evening.  But it will be loaded full of analysis, quotes, etc.  So far, the Minnesota Wild are doing a FANTASTIC job with this draft.  We won't know for sure what we have in a few years, but these are good selections IMO.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I know this may kill you to wait, but I am at school and its parent-teacher conferences today.  I won't have a post-Day 2 article up until this evening.  But it will be loaded full of analysis, quotes, etc.  So far, the Minnesota Wild are doing a FANTASTIC job with this draft.  We won't know for sure what we have in a few years, but these are good selections IMO.  

Don't sweat it, you have it ready when you can. 👍

And I agree, this draft has been great so far. Couple of promising centers, a defender with an edge to his game (and from what I hear, great captain-material too)

Edited by Lonkkis
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Agree. So far - FANTASTIC selections. Marat(best speedy motor center forward) is already playing for KHL (2 games) and MHL(8 games) new 2020-2021 season of the SKA team at St. Petersburg. And Ryan(defenseman) has an absolutely lethal slap shot, like Ovechkin does. Definitely we need that skill for our team.