Free Agency

CoachX

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So the deadline to sign the qualifying offer is 5 pm tomorrow why has Myers not signed his?

Is this his way of saying he isn't happy?

Not sure but he doesn't have any leverage best thing he can do is sign it then put his nose down and earn his next one.

He's not signing for one year for the qualifying offer.  He'll negotiate a multi-year RFA deal like Sanheim and Konecny did last year. 

23 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I think we're starting to see it with Lindblom, Koneckny, Myers, Sanheim, Provorov, Laughton your favorite Aube-Kubel, Bunnaman

TK is a good player, but he was a no show in the PO

I agree with the defensemen

NAK might be good, but then again, he might be Raffl 2.0. Speaking of which, Laughton isnt who Im referencing.  Hes been here 7 years and hasnt matched Raffl in stats over the same period

Lindblom? I hope he's for real, but we are concerned aboit health. No one could see that coming

@CoachX

RE: Koneckny, I will bet a six pack of your favorite beverage 11 never takes a collar in the playoffs again.

Yes, there were some players who didn't play well in the bubble. He was one of them. I don't think its wise to project a young player's career based on how they played in that extraordinary circumstance.

Raffl is a useful player on a good team, so projecting a guy to play like him doesn't seem derogatory to me.

Laughton hasn't been a Flyer for 7 seasons. I know I was a liberal arts major but 20 -15 = 5 every where I've been. 

Every team expects their young guys to grow why shouldn't we?

23 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

@CoachX

RE: Koneckny, I will bet a six pack of your favorite beverage 11 never takes a collar in the playoffs again.

Yes, there were some players who didn't play well in the bubble. He was one of them. I don't think its wise to project a young player's career based on how they played in that extraordinary circumstance.

Raffl is a useful player on a good team, so projecting a guy to play like him doesn't seem derogatory to me.

Laughton hasn't been a Flyer for 7 seasons. I know I was a liberal arts major but 20 -15 = 5 every where I've been. 

Every team expects their young guys to grow why shouldn't we?

not taking that bet ..lol

Laughton's first season was 2012-13. He only played five games. He played 31 the next season. So if you want to throw out the first because of the amount of games, ok by me. Im in agreement that players should be allowed to  grow, but at some point they are what they will be. I don't see this guy turning into a consistent 25 goal scorer. And that's ok. He's a decent player. So is Raffl. But 6 Raffls + 6 Laughtons won't equal a contender. This team needs offensive players that can do damage and force the opposition to respect the threat. That did not happen this year. Somewhere is this young group, or future groups, this type players need to be drafted. Right now there are bunch of maybe's, who are loaded with "could be" talent

• Like 1

I wish Fletcher would pull a Hextall and go out and sign Ethan Cardwell. I can't believe he didn't get drafted...figured he'd go around the 4th round.

After his trade to Barrie and being given an opportunity he put up a point per game. I know that's nothing amazing but we're talking about one of the youngest kids in this draft, he's two weeks away from being in next years. The kid is a good skater with a nice shot, defensively aware, smart but physically immature. Right now he's around 5'10 and 170ish.

I don't expect him to blossom into a superstar or anything, but he's certainly got as good of a chance of being a middle 6 winger in the NHL as anyone else taken after round 3. And he doesn't cost you a draft pick at the moment.

• Like 2

Basically all the Flyers have left on their to do list is sign Myers. Very important to hold on to that extra cap space. There are some teams in serious cap trouble. 14 teams have less than a mill under the cap. Teams like Tampa are in real trouble. If Tampa does not drop 10 mill or so, they will not be able to play and have to forfeit games until they are csp compliant. 3 mill in cap space could get you a 1st round pick conceivably...or an outstanding player on the cheap. 

• Like 2

Why not sign Sergachev to an offer sheet. Give up the picks sign him to the same contract as Provy. Trade Ghost away for a bag of pucks, eat 2 of his 4.5. Give Frost a real opportunity next year especially with the vets that went away. Trade JVR for anyone get rid of that contract and maybe when the chips begin falling in Tampa there is another nice piece of offence that could be picked up to help out up front, we need help there.

12 minutes ago, scsbb5 said:

Why not sign Sergachev to an offer sheet. Give up the picks sign him to the same contract as Provy. Trade Ghost away for a bag of pucks, eat 2 of his 4.5. Give Frost a real opportunity next year especially with the vets that went away. Trade JVR for anyone get rid of that contract and maybe when the chips begin falling in Tampa there is another nice piece of offence that could be picked up to help out up front, we need help there.

Welcome to the board.

If you can find a team that would take JVR, I'll gladly drive him there. Until you do that, there's just no room on the cap to sign Sergachev.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, scsbb5 said:

Trade Ghost away for a bag of pucks, eat 2 of his 4.5.

Welcome aboard but sorry that option isn't even on the board.

I am down with moving him at full price.

Otherwise I keep him and revisit this at the trade deadline.

• Like 1

I say keep Gostisbehere. That surgery he had on his hip takes about a year to get back to normal and then Yeo completely mishandled him. Don't forget he also required another knee surgery (way to go Flyers medical staff!!!!). Pair up Gostisbehere and Provorov again and let them run roughshod over everyone. I'm sure though we'll hear "ARGH SIIIIIIIIZE!!!!!!" is needed on the first pair........ 

Edited by BobbyClarkeFan16
  • Like 3

Is the thought or the hope that Myers will be re-upping for something like a 3 year deal at around 4 per?  

Katie Perry offers depth on the PP and would probably be picked up for league minimum...he brings something we have been missing for years. He is a nasty piece of work but will go to the dirty areas and still seems to have some touch around the net...might have to wait      1 minute 45 for him to get up ice but his 15 seconds in the zone on the PP might prove valuable. Just know that you will be on the PK after that 15 seconds of zone time though.

Has anyone heard any more on the potential of Laine to Philly for Ghost and TK or Laughton? I think this would be a brutal deal

31 minutes ago, scsbb5 said:

Is the thought or the hope that Myers will be re-upping for something like a 3 year deal at around 4 per?  

I think he'll sign a deal closer to what Sanheim signed. 2 yr 3.25 mill per like deal....it is my gut feeling.

That way he will have a chance to improve his stock and then lock down a longer deal.

• Good Post 1

On 10/24/2020 at 3:49 PM, OccamsRazor said:

He has until the trade deadline to show me something.

Then I move forward with the bottom pair comprising of Zamula and Friedman.

I get where you are coming from, but he did show better wheels in his playoff appearance. Seems like waiting is the prudent course of action here. Either he shows enough to stay and becomes a regular again or hopefully ups his trade value. Worst case, he stinks and we have to outright release him, he clears waivers and goes to the AHL. .if they even have an AHL...