Misc. signings

11 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Khubodin resigns with the Stars. Kind of a surprise.

They said on TV, and I agree, he shopped himself, saw what situations were available, and perhaps realized he had it good in Dallas.

Gets a nice raise, is almost guaranteed regular playing time because Bish can't seem to stay healthy, and offensive outages aside, Dallas is still one of the better defensive teams in the league, which every goalie likes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Wow...Alex Wennberg in Florida on a one year show me 2.25M contract.

If he can get his head out of his arse, he really will add to Florida's playmaking abilities!

Remember when Filppula was good? He had a few years where he was a 55 point or so guy, his BEST years remind me of Wennberg

game one damn good, you notice him up and down the ice

games two through four non factor if you are watching the game you dont even know he is there

game six he is bad, like really bad. Then the coach lights him up and the cycle repeats.

That is wennberg. 

1 minute ago, yave1964 said:

Remember when Filppula was good? He had a few years where he was a 55 point or so guy, his BEST years remind me of Wennberg

game one damn good, you notice him up and down the ice

games two through four non factor if you are watching the game you dont even know he is there

game six he is bad, like really bad. Then the coach lights him up and the cycle repeats.

That is wennberg. 

yea, I hear ya...but staying with the Filppula comparison, when Flip landed in TB and they found a definite role for him, didn't ask a ton from him, he did well...... perhaps that could be the case with Wennberg as it seems he now is in a situation, unlike Columbus, where the players seem to be more "free" to do more things on the ice than just play a hard nosed style.

Not saying Columbus is wrong playing that way...because they obviously are a PITA to play against.... but Wennberg and that style just don't mix.
Guess we will see.

Bobby Ryan on the Red Wings.

Stevie Y banking on Ryan, first of all, to stay healthy, second, have enough game left to where he can show the rest of the young forwards what kind of team he hopes to build......fast, skilled, offense.... hmmm....sounds AWFULLY familiar.... :) 

Maybe even if Ryan plays well, he can be flipped at the deadline for further assets.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

yea, I hear ya...but staying with the Filppula comparison, when Flip landed in TB and they found a definite role for him, didn't ask a ton from him, he did well...... perhaps that could be the case with Wennberg as it seems he now is in a situation, unlike Columbus, where the players seem to be more "free" to do more things on the ice than just play a hard nosed style.

Not saying Columbus is wrong playing that way...because they obviously are a PITA to play against.... but Wennberg and that style just don't mix.
Guess we will see.

Personally, I like the Wennberg bet for Florida. If it doesn't work out, they're not stuck with term.

• Like 1

Wennberg really is a low ceiling high floor no risk guy, drove Torts nuts with his game. I sound like  am ripping him but his game is fine for a 3c or low end 2c, a change of scenery might be just the thing. 

So far, i rank Florida with Wennberg, Gudas, Nutivaara coming in as an under the radar winner of tghe frenzy.

I wonder where a player like Mikael Granlund ends up?

Having a hard time believing he is no longer NHL viable.
He is still skilled, but from what I can tell, sometimes lets his own head get in the way of his play......worries too much about where he is playing (he REALLY didn't want to leave Minnesota), instead of just focusing on the task in front of him.

I think he may have to take a low cost deal with someone, preferrably a deep team where he can slide into a top 9 center role, doesn't have to be "the guy", and let's their players be offensively creative.

If he can just be professional, fully approach the NHL as a business that it is, and just focus on being the best damned hockey player he can be on the ice (because I believe he still has NHL talent), then he could be a good low risk, high reward signing for someone.

They just said Kevin Shattenkirk was offered a 3 yr deal by TB, but he turned it down.

Not surprised.
Shatty was there for the year, won his Cup, now is looking for a bigger payday....one TB really can't give him.
Wish him the best, thank him for the Cup win, but I really didn't think he was going to stay on beyond last season anyways.

Which is why I said I would like a Tyson Barrie on a similar deal as Shatty last year, for the same reason:
Show me contract, build his value back up, help TB win, then go off and get paid big elsewhere.

1 minute ago, yave1964 said:

Ennis resigns with the Oilers. Okay little player, problem is his offense isnt good enough for top six and he is too small for bottom six. But he can play a bit.

1 x $1M. I'm good with that. He'll do some pinch hitting on a few different lines, get some pressbox time, etc. Insurance should Tyler Benson not be ready for the 3LW job.

• Like 1

Just now, pilldoc said:

Late to party but I saw Kyle Turris signed with Edm.

Added Turris, signed Ennis back, brought back former first rounder Puljujarvi back,  their top nine may be in good shape.